HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 15, 2012, 08:31 AM
"Get off the runway!"
United States, TX, Hutto
Joined May 2012
545 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3171scott View Post
I picked up an older one and they dont have that perticular blue that you have. Its not a big deal, i will get a newer version if i have to. was just checking, thanks.
They have the blue one in stock, the white one is out. I can sell you one if you're sure it is correct. Do you need a blue/white/silver one? Do you have a pic. of the damaged one?..If not, I'll post up a pic. of what I have.
Da Big_G is offline Find More Posts by Da Big_G
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 15, 2012, 05:21 PM
Joined Nov 2012
19 Posts
Well, I maidened it today. First flight was mostly trimming her and getting a feel for it. Landing was a bit sketchy, came in slightly hard. Second flight I started putting her through the paces. Gotta love that blender/KE spin growl. On landing I came up a little short of my runway, it's very short about 50 feet so I gotta use it all, wheel pant caught on a group of small rocks and tipped it over. The air frame looks ok from what I can see, but I haven't taken the cowl off yet to really get a look at the motor box.

However, I bent the motor shaft. Where can I get another for the Omega 130g motor?
JamesFM is offline Find More Posts by JamesFM
Old Nov 15, 2012, 05:29 PM
3D? I only got two thumbs!
United States, MA
Joined Jul 2012
1,358 Posts
Are you sure you bent the motor shaft? I had a similar incident in a different plane with an Omega 130, and the prop adapter was bent but the motor shaft was fine.
AeroKen is offline Find More Posts by AeroKen
Old Nov 15, 2012, 07:58 PM
SoCal fair weather flyer
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jan 2012
2,796 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesFM View Post
Well, I maidened it today. First flight was mostly trimming her and getting a feel for it. Landing was a bit sketchy, came in slightly hard. Second flight I started putting her through the paces. Gotta love that blender/KE spin growl. On landing I came up a little short of my runway, it's very short about 50 feet so I gotta use it all, wheel pant caught on a group of small rocks and tipped it over. The air frame looks ok from what I can see, but I haven't taken the cowl off yet to really get a look at the motor box.

However, I bent the motor shaft. Where can I get another for the Omega 130g motor?
I would think the plane's front end would self destruct before the shaft would bend! I've knocked my buck huck over plenty of times, motors fine, couple of broken props is all. I've found these planes to be way more solid than I ever expected.
Bloosee is offline Find More Posts by Bloosee
Old Nov 16, 2012, 01:14 PM
USA, MI, Lansing
Joined Aug 2009
245 Posts
If you need anything it is probably just this.

http://www.3dhobbyshop.com/Omega-Air...r_p_15514.html
Hewey19 is offline Find More Posts by Hewey19
Old Nov 16, 2012, 02:44 PM
Joined Nov 2012
19 Posts
Yep, that was it. Thanks guys.
JamesFM is offline Find More Posts by JamesFM
Old Nov 20, 2012, 07:32 AM
United States, OH, Youngstown
Joined Apr 2011
317 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Big_G View Post
They have the blue one in stock, the white one is out. I can sell you one if you're sure it is correct. Do you need a blue/white/silver one? Do you have a pic. of the damaged one?..If not, I'll post up a pic. of what I have.

I have what ever version that did not come with SFG's and flat tail surfaces, When i checked the 3DHS parts it did not look like a match. I will take a pic of the plane and if you can help cool, if not i will pick up one from them. Thanks for your time.
3171scott is offline Find More Posts by 3171scott
Old Nov 22, 2012, 10:03 AM
On loan to Texas
United States, TX, Benbrook
Joined Oct 2005
5,297 Posts
Any Texas flyers looking to buy a 47" SHP?
Ohio AV8TOR is offline Find More Posts by Ohio AV8TOR
Old Nov 22, 2012, 12:00 PM
"Get off the runway!"
United States, TX, Hutto
Joined May 2012
545 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio AV8TOR View Post
Any Texas flyers looking to buy a 47" SHP?
Sorry man, I just picked up 3....G/L.
Da Big_G is offline Find More Posts by Da Big_G
Old Nov 22, 2012, 04:26 PM
United States, NJ, Clayton
Joined Aug 2010
1,580 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloosee View Post
I would think the plane's front end would self destruct before the shaft would bend! I've knocked my buck huck over plenty of times, motors fine, couple of broken props is all. I've found these planes to be way more solid than I ever expected.
i snapped the motor shaft (not the prop adapter) in mid air on a 103 gram omega motor, it was funny seeing the can/prop shoot off, lol.
keithy4129 is offline Find More Posts by keithy4129
Old Nov 22, 2012, 08:13 PM
SoCal fair weather flyer
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jan 2012
2,796 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by keithy4129 View Post
i snapped the motor shaft (not the prop adapter) in mid air on a 103 gram omega motor, it was funny seeing the can/prop shoot off, lol.
Bloosee is offline Find More Posts by Bloosee
Old Nov 23, 2012, 11:38 AM
Stick banger
USA, AZ, Chandler
Joined Oct 2004
1,031 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by keithy4129 View Post
Yea, that happened during a blender on mine. Motor was about 1.5 year old at that point. I replaced the shaft and flew it for another 6 months til the backplate of the motor cracked and the can started rubbing.
Ace4 is offline Find More Posts by Ace4
Old Nov 23, 2012, 10:01 PM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Jun 2012
1,953 Posts
Another fun morning with the extra 300 SHP. Trying to teach myself rollers, but got bored and frustrated at my bad timing. So I decided to bring it low (eye level) and practice my upright harrier. Then I thought it would be a good idea to bring it as close as I possibly could to myself.*

So it comes closer, and closer, and closer. About 3 metres away I think to myself, 'it's time to turn it around'. I put in some rudder... in the wrong direction! The bird heads STRAIGHT for me. With no time to turn it around I RUN clutching my controller. The bird sails through the area I occupied a second ago and I have a heavy harrier landing -> flip over.

The peanut gallery was very amused!

No damage to the extra, I threw her back in the air after checking that the motor mount hadn't cracked. This is really one tough bird.

*Note: I'd never dream of doing this if there were people around me. I was alone at the flight line today, hence this seemed like a good idea .
rayonnair is offline Find More Posts by rayonnair
Old Nov 23, 2012, 10:45 PM
United States, CA, Berkeley
Joined Jul 2011
120 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace4 View Post
Yea, that happened during a blender on mine. Motor was about 1.5 year old at that point. I replaced the shaft and flew it for another 6 months til the backplate of the motor cracked and the can started rubbing.
where did you find a motor shaft for 103?
asasan is offline Find More Posts by asasan
Old Nov 24, 2012, 09:45 AM
Look out below
United States, OR, McMinnville
Joined Aug 2011
1,386 Posts
Hello all. Have been stalking this thread for a little bit and ordered a blue shp with the 130 omega on black friday(discount code). I am waiting for stock level to return from HURC and wanted you to double check my list.
APC 13 x 6.5E Composite Propeller - Prop $4.90
HYPERION CLASSIC SHAPED SPINNER 2" Blue $4.90
Sky Power 60A ESC with Switchmode BEC $32.95
Emax 12g ES08MA Metal Gear Sub Micro Servo $7.95
6 and 12 inch extentions
I already have 2 sky lipo 2650's that I hope might work- 30c and 228g
I can't tell if the plane comes with control rods or not?
mcnowhere is offline Find More Posts by mcnowhere