HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 04, 2012, 07:17 AM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
Sweet, but the 40" epp edge is coming out so I am sure your busy.
skarface is offline Find More Posts by skarface
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 04, 2012, 03:55 PM
On loan to Texas
United States, TX, Benbrook
Joined Oct 2005
5,103 Posts
I have a question for those of you who are flying the Omega 130 motor and have flown both the 13x6.5 and the 14x7 props, what flight differences did you notice? Are the flight times and motor temps equal?
Ohio AV8TOR is offline Find More Posts by Ohio AV8TOR
Old Aug 04, 2012, 04:20 PM
Surrey, B.C.
Joined Feb 2004
406 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio AV8TOR View Post
I have a question for those of you who are flying the Omega 130 motor and have flown both the 13x6.5 and the 14x7 props, what flight differences did you notice? Are the flight times and motor temps equal?
From what I can tell the 13X6 has a little more speed but less torque so less amp, where as the 14X7 has a little less speed but more torque & a bit more amp draw/heat.
Don't really notice a difference in the temp but I haven't temp it with a IR gun & the smaller prop also get 30 sec or so more flight time for me aleast.
I think it really comes down to your style of flying, sometimes I like the 13X6 sometimes I want the 14X7.
Mach3 is online now Find More Posts by Mach3
Old Aug 05, 2012, 07:32 AM
3D Addict
Merrimac, MA
Joined Jan 2006
996 Posts
prop comparison

Quote:
The xoar feels more stable in hover, and the apc has more punch when going WOT, but they are pretty close overall and the best choice for 3s on the O130. No diff in times
alfabeast is offline Find More Posts by alfabeast
Old Aug 05, 2012, 08:35 AM
On loan to Texas
Joined Oct 2005
5,103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfabeast View Post
The xoar feels more stable in hover, and the apc has more punch when going WOT, but they are pretty close overall and the best choice for 3s on the O130. No diff in times
So which is which, is the Xoar the 14x7 or 13x6.5?

Right now I am using a Falcon 13x6.5 wood prop. This has to be the lightest prop I have ever used. I could almost use the weight of the APC to move the battery back some but I love the instant rpm of it.
Old Aug 05, 2012, 08:41 AM
TEAM HILLBILLY
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Mar 2010
4,392 Posts
Quote:
So which is which, is the Xoar the 14x7 or 13x6.5?

Right now I am using a Falcon 13x6.5 wood prop. This has to be the lightest prop I have ever used. I could almost use the weight of the APC to move the battery back some but I love the instant rpm of it.
I use falcon 14x7 great props. Just remember you need a insert if you go over 13x6.5 on the falcons. Adchobbystore has the inserts I am running the omega 130g.
3Dplank is offline Find More Posts by 3Dplank
Old Aug 06, 2012, 08:27 AM
On loan to Texas
Joined Oct 2005
5,103 Posts
I am still a gumby with rollers right now. I can turn multiple circles with my 3DHS 330 foamy, I could lock them in pretty good with my 42" Slick and 87" Extra but for some reason this 47 has been a problem until today. I normally roll left and circle right but with the 47" it is just straight. Today it started circling left so I went with it and although uncomfortable with it circling left I got used to it. I know it's a late timing issue and should be no problem in 200 more attempts

I still struggle with the KE spin though. I have moved the battery forward maybe 1/2" to help with KE flight as it was pushing to the belly. That helped the KE but I do think it made the KE spin harder. With it tail heavy I could get it maybe 3 of 5 times but with the forward CG I only got in locked once this morning.

I am really liking this plane.
Old Aug 06, 2012, 08:49 AM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
KE spin, stick positions: the way I do it is go up push over with up elevator hold full elevator (up on the stick) then 1/4 or less left rudder and at the same time 1/4 or less left aileron, and then you of course want to ad full throttle, or you can burst it. That is the way I find it does KE spin for me, I had alot of troubles with it at first too, you just have to find the right combination in stick movements. (when I say up or left I am talking about if you were looking at your tx)
Old Aug 06, 2012, 09:46 AM
TEAM HILLBILLY
Pass Christian, MS
Joined Jan 2010
2,366 Posts
So your entry is full DOWN elevator. Who looks at the TX while flying?
Eagle34 is offline Find More Posts by Eagle34
Old Aug 06, 2012, 09:50 AM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
I don't know, I just started explaining it that way since when you watch the videos of the tx with stick controls. I guess I will start changing my ways if I am the only one that does it.
Old Aug 06, 2012, 09:53 AM
TEAM HILLBILLY
Pass Christian, MS
Joined Jan 2010
2,366 Posts
Watching the TX while flying can and will cause premature, unplanned, catostrophic landings.
Eagle34 is offline Find More Posts by Eagle34
Last edited by Eagle34; Aug 06, 2012 at 10:04 AM.
Old Aug 06, 2012, 10:03 AM
Team 3DHS, Hacker, Gens Ace
United States, CA, Fullerton
Joined Nov 2007
2,098 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skarface View Post
Sweet, but the 40" epp edge is coming out so I am sure your busy.
The 40" Edge will be on the build table shortly. I cranked out the V4 SHP to have it ready for our club's first fun fly event on Saturday. 3DHS was well represented.
ipsmotors is offline Find More Posts by ipsmotors
Old Aug 06, 2012, 10:06 AM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
Sweet I will be waiting.
Old Aug 06, 2012, 11:23 AM
On loan to Texas
Joined Oct 2005
5,103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skarface View Post
KE spin, stick positions: the way I do it is go up push over with up elevator hold full elevator (up on the stick) then 1/4 or less left rudder and at the same time 1/4 or less left aileron, and then you of course want to ad full throttle, or you can burst it. That is the way I find it does KE spin for me, I had alot of troubles with it at first too, you just have to find the right combination in stick movements. (when I say up or left I am talking about if you were looking at your tx)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle34 View Post
So your entry is full DOWN elevator. Who looks at the TX while flying?
It's not up or down stick unless you hold your transmitter straight up and down otherwise it would then be called forward or back stick with the transmitter horizontal Or if you fly like Joe with the transmitter pointed down it is totally backwards with down is really up and up is really down Why can't you use aviation terms like up elevator is nose up and down elevator is nose down? It worked for Wilbur and Orville and still does today. Just kidding of course thanks for your feedback
Old Aug 06, 2012, 06:12 PM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
Ha!