HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 01, 2012, 03:55 AM
Surrey, B.C.
Joined Feb 2004
414 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Daddict View Post
I burnt up my Hacker A 30-16m today. I was hovering and toughing my tail on the ground then went to pull out and at 15 feet up my motor made a terrible noise and stopped working. I managed to land it ok, but I broke my gear and one of the wheel pants made a hole in the covering on the bottom of the plane. there was no wood damage thankfully. I now need a new motor and want to go with motrofly but do not know witch one to use. any suggestions? I am vary lucky the motor did not give out a second or two before it did or I would not have had enough altitude to recover.
My A30-12XL locked up in my 51" Slick this past weekend & the A30-16M in my 47" Extra wasn't giving me much power plus was making noises after two flights so I think I done with Hacker
Mach3 is offline Find More Posts by Mach3
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 01, 2012, 11:58 AM
On loan to Texas
United States, TX, Benbrook
Joined Oct 2005
5,344 Posts
I tried something this morning with flying my 47" is I added a third rate to my dual rates (boy I love my 8FG as it was so easy to do). I did this to help with my rolling harrriers. On low rates I found the roll rate okay but not enough elevator and rudder. So my middle rate now has almost high rates on elevator and rudder and slightly higher aileron than low. This made it much easier for me. I am new to rollers so some of this is my skill set but I was struggling with them before this.

I don't remember where I read this yesterday on a 3DHS thread and don't know what this is called but it looked so cool. High speed level pass jam both sticks to top left corner, and it looks like it enters a KE spin. After 4 revolutions (just before it starts to drop like a KE Spin) back to half power and roll back out. The little SHP looks so cool with this.
Ohio AV8TOR is offline Find More Posts by Ohio AV8TOR
Old Aug 01, 2012, 12:14 PM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
Get video of that move.
skarface is offline Find More Posts by skarface
Old Aug 01, 2012, 12:23 PM
3DHS 'native'
USA, TX, Spring
Joined Jan 2008
5,929 Posts
Get video of setting up triple rates...still have not figured that out.
going4speed is offline Find More Posts by going4speed
Old Aug 01, 2012, 12:30 PM
On loan to Texas
Joined Oct 2005
5,344 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by going4speed View Post
Get video of setting up triple rates...still have not figured that out.
I will take some pictures later tonight but it took me a bit to look at then it clicked. Down on the bottom of the dual rate program menu is 5 positions for 5 rates. 1 is always a default. I used switch SC I believe the 3 way on the top left. I have the switch pushed forward as high, assign your switch and here is the part you may be missing, highlight the ON/OFF and select the you are looking to the words to be ON - OFF - OFF. Then switch to the middle position, assign a switch on off no should be OFF - ON - OFF, repeat for the low rate with OFF - OFF - ON. Once that is selected it is just a matter of entering Expo and rate movements.
Old Aug 01, 2012, 12:38 PM
On loan to Texas
Joined Oct 2005
5,344 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skarface View Post
Get video of that move.
I will try but here is where I found out about it, watch at 45 seconds

Then when asked what the stick movements are for that heritageflyer replied
Old Aug 01, 2012, 12:43 PM
inverted-i-fly
United States, CA, Petaluma
Joined Mar 2011
4,453 Posts
top inside corners is what Heritage said, I was doing these yesterday on the little slick and 48" laser, just about torn the wings off the laser running full throttle with motrolfly 2820 700kv on 4s, but it is a cool move if you can time the exit just right and come out at 1/2 speed inverted and not lose any altitude
3drcparts is online now Find More Posts by 3drcparts
Old Aug 01, 2012, 12:44 PM
inverted-i-fly
United States, CA, Petaluma
Joined Mar 2011
4,453 Posts
I'll have to try top left corners next time
3drcparts is online now Find More Posts by 3drcparts
Old Aug 01, 2012, 01:36 PM
On loan to Texas
Joined Oct 2005
5,344 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverted-I-Fly View Post
I'll have to try top left corners next time
Ah maybe I got it wrong then but it looked cool, I will try the other tomorrow too.
Old Aug 01, 2012, 04:31 PM
United States, PA, Canonsburg
Joined Apr 2011
53 Posts
Left Wing (Red) ANYONE??

HI! all, I was flying my new SHP 4th flight this morning and apparently the wing bolt vibrated out ! I attempted to harior the plane to the ground which worked pretty well considering the wing was swinging in the carbon tube but it hit on the left wing tearing it up pretty good , I can probably fix it but would rather buy a new one if someone has a spare they would part with sense the airframe is so new.
3dHS is out of spare parts for these for the most part. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks in advance!! Jeff Little PM me if you have anything, Thanks
whitefox545 is offline Find More Posts by whitefox545
Old Aug 01, 2012, 05:04 PM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
Dang, I damaged my left wing in a crash to, right wing is fine.
skarface is offline Find More Posts by skarface
Old Aug 01, 2012, 05:20 PM
3DHS 'native'
USA, TX, Spring
Joined Jan 2008
5,929 Posts
were you using the aluminum wing bolts?
Old Aug 01, 2012, 05:33 PM
United States, CA, Berkeley
Joined Jul 2011
120 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GPT View Post
Way too heavy for this plane and with the collet adapter the prop will most likely sit way in front of the cowling. A Motrolfly 2815 -950 with a 13x6.5 is a sweet setup for the SHP
Love to use DM2820-950 on 3S and 13x6.5 but not sure if my CC ICE LITE 50A can handle it. Don't see a data sheet and don't want to replace my almost new ESC.
asasan is offline Find More Posts by asasan
Old Aug 01, 2012, 05:42 PM
3DHS 'native'
USA, TX, Spring
Joined Jan 2008
5,929 Posts
I think on a 2820 a 13x6.5 would give a lower draw. Do you have a wattmeter?

They are almost as important as a transmitter if you ask me.
Old Aug 01, 2012, 06:06 PM
United States, CA, Berkeley
Joined Jul 2011
120 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by going4speed View Post
I think on a 2820 a 13x6.5 would give a lower draw. Do you have a wattmeter?

They are almost as important as a transmitter if you ask me.
I do have one but haven't ordered the motor to test. Anyway, I got an answer from subsonic: draws 54amp so no good.

Seems like Omega 130g is really the best option in all respects. Wish we had an ETA. Forget contacting 3DHS.
asasan is offline Find More Posts by asasan