HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 29, 2011, 10:18 PM
Joined Aug 2011
2 Posts
Question
My Syma S107g not charging thru usb

I had this S107g for over 1-1/2 months now and i have been flying it on average 2x a day. Just last night when i was trying to charge it thru usb the red light didn't go off even though i plugged it to my Copter. I waited for one hour (about the time it takes my copter to charge fully) and disconnected it and tried to fly it but sadly the copter wasn't charged. I've always used the usb as my way of charging. I never tried charging thru the remote control yet. Anyway so i tried charging thru the controller and the green light in the controller turned red when i plugged the copter. It took a heck of a lot more time to charge, after the 1-1/2 hour mark i took it out cause i was afraid it would over charge (the controller still had the red light on instead of the green when i disconnected the copter). I tried to fly it and it flew ok. So... it my usb charger broke? or is it something else... like the lipo batt in the copter?

I take good care of my battery i.e. giving it ample time to cool down before and after it charges (10mins cooldown).

P.S. Im also planning on moving on to a 4ch copter any suggestions as to what model i should get? Thanks!
Aoshi is offline Find More Posts by Aoshi
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 30, 2011, 01:33 AM
Fly Runaway Fans
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jan 2009
9,375 Posts
The USB adapters aren't particularly elegant. What can you expect from something that sells for a dollar?

If it charges from the remote the heli battery is still good.

I got a Blade 120SR and sold or gave away all my 3chs. It's a LOT zoomier but less suited to typical living spaces than the 107 class.
arbilab is offline Find More Posts by arbilab
Old Aug 30, 2011, 09:06 AM
Joined Aug 2011
2 Posts
Well at least the battery isnt the problem phew...

Oh well gonna get me a new usb adapter

Any other 4ch Models out there that are good?
Aoshi is offline Find More Posts by Aoshi