HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 07, 2011, 11:17 PM
is it supposed to smoke??
canada alberta outside edmonton
Joined Apr 2007
2,918 Posts
yes we proved your method correct and have come up with another and will be uploading a video soon. Its a 100% effective unless u miss the rudder.
3dFlyer88 is offline Find More Posts by 3dFlyer88
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 07, 2011, 11:41 PM
Joined Apr 2007
2,918 Posts
heres the video i mentioned
umx stryker upright boomerang techniques (2 min 19 sec)
Old Sep 07, 2011, 11:50 PM
Joined Jun 2010
21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dFlyer88 View Post
heres the video i mentioned
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuZLV5rIADw
Good video, I've always been nervous about letting it come down in the spin, but I think I'll try it next time now =)
lambers is offline Find More Posts by lambers
Old Sep 08, 2011, 07:33 AM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lambers View Post
Good video, I've always been nervous about letting it come down in the spin, but I think I'll try it next time now =)
The only way I can do it is with Dave's method (still working on yours as it seem much better). So all I can tell is that with Dave's method, you can simply reverse the right stick totally (it's up and right) to down and left, and it stop the spin almost right away, and it does stay relatively level. I would not want to do a full speed upright boomerang landing. But by stopping it just before, it does become a simple elevator landing. So with your method, there's probably a way to do the same thing and stop the rotation quickly just before landing...
RealGambler is offline Find More Posts by RealGambler
Old Sep 08, 2011, 07:50 AM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dFlyer88 View Post
yes we proved your method correct and have come up with another and will be uploading a video soon. Its a 100% effective unless u miss the rudder.
Your video is taken from too far away, so I'm not sure, but I think your actual method is counterclockwise (if you're looking at the Stryker from the top as it's going down) while Dave and Lamber's methods are clockwise (again looking at the Stryker from the top). So if I'm right, most likely, the sticks moves could be all inverted and the spin could be done both way, easily. Something else that could be interesting I guess.
Old Sep 08, 2011, 08:46 PM
Joined Apr 2007
2,918 Posts
yeah reverse the sticks you reverse the boomerang. THe camera hhas terrible zoom so its hard to show the spin but the landing was while it was in the boom and no damage has occured from probably 50 landing like this on 2 strykers.
Old Sep 08, 2011, 10:56 PM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
8,045 Posts
How about someone doing something like this??

RC Training - Blender (0 min 32 sec)
erkq is online now Find More Posts by erkq
Old Sep 09, 2011, 10:03 AM
Joined Apr 2007
1,126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq View Post
How about someone doing something like this??

http://youtu.be/h7ZZD4vtn94
Not gonna happen with a pusher..... The fuse is too short, plus I don't think it has enough thrust to reverse like that and not hit the ground... And there is the fact that most people here say it doesn't have very much rudder authority.

But correct me if any of these are wrong.
bluemeane is offline Find More Posts by bluemeane
Old Sep 09, 2011, 10:09 AM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
8,045 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemeane View Post
Not gonna happen with a pusher..... The fuse is too short, plus I don't think it has enough thrust to reverse like that and not hit the ground... And there is the fact that most people here say it doesn't have very much rudder authority.

But correct me if any of these are wrong.
Hahaha... not what I meant at all. But I can see how I wasn't clear. I meant show the boomerang in that format, with the stick input on one screen full speed and slo-mo.
erkq is online now Find More Posts by erkq
Old Sep 09, 2011, 11:37 AM
Joined Apr 2007
1,126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq View Post
Hahaha... not what I meant at all. But I can see how I wasn't clear. I meant show the boomerang in that format, with the stick input on one screen full speed and slo-mo.
HAHAHAHA Nice.

I was thinking you were crazy for a moment.
bluemeane is offline Find More Posts by bluemeane
Old Sep 12, 2011, 06:16 PM
United States, NC, Mooresville
Joined Feb 2006
305 Posts
The way I do it is to

1. Carry some good speed
2. quickly push down elevator and full aileron deflection (either way) power off and opposite rudder
3. Once spin is established switch rudder to same direction as alieron

if you want a upright spin

do the same as above but entry should be between 30-45 degrees. Hold the controls until it establishes a flat spin. It might look like its going to be an inverted spin first... don't worry just hold on, it will go upright. Do not reverse rudder (it stops the pin for some reason)
Rooster433 is online now Find More Posts by Rooster433
Old Dec 04, 2011, 09:00 PM
United States, OK, Norman
Joined Jun 2011
113 Posts
What is an elevator landing?

Thanks

Noah
Racerx4 is offline Find More Posts by Racerx4
Old Dec 04, 2011, 10:32 PM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,489 Posts
That's the bigger Stryker, but here is a good elevator landing example:
(you simply stall your speed, go full elevator, and let the Stryker come straight down. Basically, it's a vertical landing, no forward speed)

F-27Q Parkzone Stryker elevator landing (0 min 35 sec)

And here's some upright boomerang landings:

Ultra-micro Stryker 180 upright boomerang landings. (3 min 37 sec)
Old Apr 27, 2012, 09:41 AM
Joined Mar 2012
139 Posts
Bump! I'm flying a full sized q on full rates and trying to learn fast upright and inverted boomerangs!
strykerf27q is offline Find More Posts by strykerf27q