HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 29, 2011, 06:44 PM
Joined Aug 2011
12 Posts
Help!
Walkera 4f200lm problem

Hello all. I'm new to this board and new to CP helicopters. I've been flying 4 channel for awhile and decided to take the next step. I bought a 4f200lm after reading many reviews and discussions on them indicating they are "easier" (not easy) to learn to fly with. It is a fly bar less three blade.

I have the bird and can't get it off the group. I have the 2603 transmitter and I am using the dual rate limited function.

The bird wants to tip forward when I power up and I can't figure out why. One thing that appears wrong to me is that the pitch servo never moves. How can I test that this servo is working?

I know I have to take this slow. Any help appreciated. Ken
Kenstrucks is offline Find More Posts by Kenstrucks
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 30, 2011, 05:00 AM
Athens
Joined Aug 2008
94 Posts
Keeping the throttle at the lowest position ,move the right stick up and down. You should see all three swash servos to move the swash. Also, if you move the right stick left-right ,you should see the two front swash servos to move the swash at the same direction you move the right stick. If one servo dosen't move at all, first take a look at the receiver connections. The servo may be disconnected or pluged in wrong way (opposite or in wrong receiver channel). Then read the manual ,to confirm that all electronics are connected as they should be and your transmitter,gyros etc are setted up properly.
bladeskiller is offline Find More Posts by bladeskiller
Old Aug 30, 2011, 09:58 AM
Joined Aug 2011
12 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeskiller View Post
Keeping the throttle at the lowest position ,move the right stick up and down. You should see all three swash servos to move the swash. Also, if you move the right stick left-right ,you should see the two front swash servos to move the swash at the same direction you move the right stick. If one servo dosen't move at all, first take a look at the receiver connections. The servo may be disconnected or pluged in wrong way (opposite or in wrong receiver channel). Then read the manual ,to confirm that all electronics are connected as they should be and your transmitter,gyros etc are setted up properly.
Thanks bladeskiller. I get no movement from this servo when making those stick movements. I believe it is not working. will continue to troubleshoot and see if i can determine if it is the servo, connection, transmitter or what. Going to a local hobby shop today to see if i can garner some help.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 10:23 AM
Joined Aug 2011
12 Posts
Did more troubleshooting and I believe the servo is bad. It is the pitch servo that is not working. If I plug it in to the aileron channel on the receiver it does not work, if I plug the aileron servo in to the pitch channel it works so the pitch channel is working and the aileron channel is working but only one servo has any movement. Will order a replacement servo and hopes that solves the problem.

thanks
Old Aug 30, 2011, 12:30 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
20,692 Posts
Flybarless helis wreck servos like crazy and Walkera servos are particularly poor. Order lots, preferably some other brand (if the connectors fit).
Balr14 is online now Find More Posts by Balr14
Old Aug 30, 2011, 12:35 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,003 Posts
The 4f200lm and 4F200 are very bad choices as a first CP. The problems associated with the 4F200 are legendary: just almost everthing can go wrong. There is not so much data on the 4F200lm yet. I suggest you look at the 4f200lm thread in the micro heli forum.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1412871
zadaw is offline Find More Posts by zadaw