HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 29, 2011, 02:05 PM
Joined Jul 2010
133 Posts
Discussion
Yaw Pot on KK Controller Board and Torque

Would adjusting the yaw pot on my KK controller board help me fix torque issues? I only ask because tilting my rear motor to the right to compensate for the counter clockwise movement is not working.
rtbchris is offline Find More Posts by rtbchris
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 29, 2011, 08:48 PM
Hawaii
Joined Feb 2003
5,952 Posts
>>Would adjusting the yaw pot on my KK controller board help me fix torque issues?<<

Let's focus on what the Yaw pot does on a KK board. The yaw pot normally adjust the gain of the yaw gyro compensation. That is the higher you turn the pot the more the servo will tilt the motor to compensate for the yaw motion.

Second function of the yaw pot is to calibrate the speed controllers. You turn the yaw pot minimum and throttle stick at full and power on the controller board to calibrate the high end of the speed controllers.

>>I only ask because tilting my rear motor to the right to compensate for the counter clockwise movement is not working.<<

Ok, try to look at your tricopter from the rear towards the front and try to understand this. You can figure it out yourself. Now if top of the motor is leaning right which way is the propeller blowing air? The propeller is blowing air to the bottom to lift the tricopter and the propeller is blowing air to the left. Correct? Can you see it? Now if you look at your tricopter from the top. If something is pushing the tail motor to the right (that will happen when the propeller blows air to the left the tail will go right) which way does the tricopter spins? Counter clockwise!!!!!! So of course tilting the motor to the right will not help your counter clockwise spin! It is helping the counter clockwise spin!
SeismicCWave is online now Find More Posts by SeismicCWave