HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by RGS2010, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 29, 2011, 11:44 AM
Always Fly 2 Mistakes High!
Houston, Texas
Joined Mar 2010
3,395 Posts
Discussion
Fleet Update Deux

I got my Spektrum DX6i back from Horizon with new antenna replaced. I've been flying about 3 weeks with it and no problems at all with any of my planes. I've flown 5 different planes with 5 different receivers with no problem whatsoever.

My P-47 Tarheel Hal has been epoxied and microballooned back together and flies great. I have the flaps dialed in at about 25% and it floats in nicely on landings and is helpful to reduce takeoff torque too.

The T-28D is put back together and flying great with one exception. The motor is "slipping" occasionally when I go from idle to full throttle every once in awhile. Otherwise it is doing all of the aerobatics that I can make it do. It looks a little worse for wear but is flying fine. We have been doing squadron flying with two other flyers with T-28's ... what a hoot!

The F-117a and the A-10 are doing great. Both have nagging nose wheel bends but that is the nature of those small wire nose wheels.

Just ordered Flying Shark from HK for our club's fun fly coming up in October. Can't wait to fly that EDF plane around for the kids. (OK me too!)

B-2 from LX is still maidenless. The gear is just a bear of a problem. Servoless retracts are now installed but need another strut. The Windrider gear are just too big for the small bay and no way to enlarge it much.

More later...
RGS2010 is online now Find More Posts by RGS2010
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Catch Up 2013-2014
to remove ads between posts