HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by GrahamWilson, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 29, 2011, 01:37 AM
Beating air into submission!
Joined Aug 2011
1,855 Posts
Discussion
Lotus RC T580 Quadcopter

After watching Alishanmao and XJET on Youtube both review the Lotus RC T580 Quadcopter I decided to buy the aircraft. This has proven to very bad decision.
It took LotusRC 5 weeks to deliver the item to me here in Sydney Australia. However, there were no instructions included with the model so I emailed them. Some considerable time later they responded to my email with a word document version of the instructions. So I installed my AR7000 receiver and connected everthing as per the instructions.

Attached my 3s lipo and afetr bindeing the DX7 moved the throttle to about 15%, the vibration was unbelievable. So I email Lotus RC so some help. They did not reply. So I proceeded to balance the 4 props and the the motors. The vibration was reduced but still there.

Anyway, I decided to try a take off and as the model climbed to about 5 feet it suddenly rolled over and hit the earth! BUGGAR! Broke 3 props and two motor shafts. So I emaiedl an order to them for parts. They just ignored the email. So I bring Ali into the loop. He gets in touch with them but they do absolutely nothing. So I now have a very expensive quadcopter frame.

Don't buy anything from LOTUSRC.COM, their products and after sales service are RUBBISH!
GrahamWilson is offline Find More Posts by GrahamWilson
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 09, 2011, 04:33 PM
Australia, VIC, Kyneton
Joined Apr 2008
324 Posts
What about a thread on the Ause forum so more can read your experience with such a great dealer. Yours Paul T
paul timms is online now Find More Posts by paul timms
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Golden Retrievers