HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 29, 2011, 12:05 AM
Joined Aug 2011
10 Posts
Discussion
Motor/ESC suggestions for 12" propeller quadcopter

Hey all,

Been having a great time building up a few quadcopters using the HoverflyTech board. So far I've been using the Turnigy 2217s and their Plush 25A speed controller, but I'd like to increase the size of the quadcopter for my next build. The largest thing I'd carry is a Go-Pro + transmitter and I'd like to have at least about 12-15 mins run time.

Anybody willing to make some motor/ESC suggestions for me that go well with 12" propellers? HobbyKing has been fine but I'm also open to other higher-quality brands of motors. I'm not opposed to using even larger propellers but it seems like it's still easy to get 12" rotating/counter-rotating propellers.

Thanks, Ken
kgracey is offline Find More Posts by kgracey
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 29, 2011, 03:11 AM
Joined Feb 2011
644 Posts
Take a look at the Avroto motors and MayTech ESCs. I have links in my blog.

Regards,
John
jpsabo is offline Find More Posts by jpsabo