HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Ducati Mechanic, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 07:53 AM
Carteret, NJ
Joined Feb 2006
1,245 Posts
Trader Rating: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerlines View Post
For Big stuff.. I aGREE!! BUT.. I am leaning to the Electric.. Just for the Heck of it..

My DLE55 just ain't got no midrange.. I have richened the low and high and IT;s Right where you need to hover!! Throttle curve and all..
I went electric on a bigger plane just for the heck of it once myself but I learned real fast that I'd rather be flying more then 6-7 minutes with a big plane. Well that, and the plane was a pos aj slick....I sold that thing real quick!
cje0114 is offline Find More Posts by cje0114
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 29, 2011, 08:07 AM
Carteret, NJ
Joined Feb 2006
1,245 Posts
Gas isn't just for big stuff...small stuff can go gas too ya know!
Old Sep 29, 2011, 12:39 PM
I am ready for HHAEFI!!
United States, GA, Cochran
Joined Apr 2004
6,573 Posts
Trader Rating: 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by cje0114 View Post
I went electric on a bigger plane just for the heck of it once myself but I learned real fast that I'd rather be flying more then 6-7 minutes with a big plane. Well that, and the plane was a pos aj slick....I sold that thing real quick!
This is true. .my buddy only flys for like 7-8 min.. My Yak with the DLE55 can fly for 15 then some!!!!

I may just keep it all gas on 50cc and up.. I do love my 60'' edge.. 9 min Easy.. charge at 2C or better and fly agian in bout 25 min..
powerlines is offline Find More Posts by powerlines
Old Sep 29, 2011, 12:39 PM
I am ready for HHAEFI!!
United States, GA, Cochran
Joined Apr 2004
6,573 Posts
Trader Rating: 275
Quote:
Gas isn't just for big stuff...small stuff can go gas too ya know!

Sirius... Don't try to fly that.. It's too nose heavy.. I put a saito 100 on a foamy one time.. Poor saito...
powerlines is offline Find More Posts by powerlines
Old Sep 29, 2011, 10:02 PM
Chester NJ
Joined Nov 2005
244 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
I wouldn't go electric on anything bigger then a 60"span plane!Plus I need the noise coming from the front end of a gasser! I'm staying away from glow goo too! If there a gasser thats small enough thats what going in it!

Chris I think its going to be a blast Sat. at the GCA field this weekend ? Their picnics are always awesome! Still not many of them fly though,which is fine! More time for us!
xtraflyr is offline Find More Posts by xtraflyr
Old Sep 29, 2011, 10:46 PM
Carteret, NJ
Joined Feb 2006
1,245 Posts
I bet that 60" edge would be perfect with a 15cc on the nose and guess what? I have one sitting in the shop right now! Maybe I need to order an edge from the next batch...

I sure hope Saturday is good. Rui is ready to go with the old yak. They're saying 50% chance of rain but we saw how that was last weekend..
Old Sep 30, 2011, 06:01 AM
Chester NJ
Joined Nov 2005
244 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
Quote:
I bet that 60" edge would be perfect with a 15cc on the nose and guess what? I have one sitting in the shop right now! Maybe I need to order an edge from the next batch...

I sure hope Saturday is good. Rui is ready to go with the old yak. They're saying 50% chance of rain but we saw how that was last weekend..
i guess youd have to strenghtened the front end a bit? hopefully the airframe can handle the vibs?

50% chance it might not either!! we'll see how it goes!!
xtraflyr is offline Find More Posts by xtraflyr
Old Sep 30, 2011, 07:36 AM
Some.. call him Tim...
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Oct 2008
6,342 Posts
Trader Rating: 25
Quote:

There's guys doing it, but yes the front needs some reinforcing.

If you have 6s 3300-4000" packs? I would just fly it electric, I get 7min flight times on 3600's, and its balanced perfect! You can park it on a KE, and just drive it around the sky with no aileron input!

I'm sure a gas conversion will hurt the way it handles..
Ducati Mechanic is offline Find More Posts by Ducati Mechanic
Old Sep 30, 2011, 07:44 AM
Carteret, NJ
Joined Feb 2006
1,245 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Semeraro View Post
There's guys doing it, but yes the front needs some reinforcing.

If you have 6s 3300-4000" packs? I would just fly it electric, I get 7min flight times on 3600's, and its balanced perfect! You can park it on a KE, and just drive it around the sky with no aileron input!

I'm sure a gas conversion will hurt the way it handles..
I honestly don't plan on trying...I want to start figuring out my winter project. I really wanted the 125" extra but after a little measuring, it looks like it wont make it through the door out of the basement. Gonna stick with the 100cc stuff for now I guess....just need to figure out what i want.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 08:31 AM
United States, GA, Lawrenceville
Joined Jun 2003
7,565 Posts
Trader Rating: 178
Quote:
I honestly don't plan on trying...I want to start figuring out my winter project. I really wanted the 125" extra but after a little measuring, it looks like it wont make it through the door out of the basement. Gonna stick with the 100cc stuff for now I guess....just need to figure out what i want.
Is that the only issue Chris.. Get to home depot man... Time to make that opening a bit bigger. The 40% extra is incredible in person.
livinma1 is offline Find More Posts by livinma1
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 30, 2011, 08:45 AM
Carteret, NJ
Joined Feb 2006
1,245 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by livinma1 View Post
Is that the only issue Chris.. Get to home depot man... Time to make that opening a bit bigger. The 40% extra is incredible in person.
Yeah that's preety much it. Unfortunately, the way my house is laid out I can't fit a larger door in that space. I have a hard enough time getting my 37% edge out as it is so i doubt the extra will fit.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 09:01 AM
Some.. call him Tim...
Joined Oct 2008
6,342 Posts
Quote:
That sucks.. I guess you need a garage for one of those..

Nice squeeze. Irg has a setup like that.. I'm amazed he gets his 89 down there..
I think 90" would be as large as I can get into my apartment. There's sharp corners in my front hallway, but the ceiling is high?.. Not sure? 78" is good for now
Last edited by Ducati Mechanic; Sep 30, 2011 at 09:07 AM.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 11:21 AM
United States, GA, Lawrenceville
Joined Jun 2003
7,565 Posts
Trader Rating: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Semeraro View Post
That sucks.. I guess you need a garage for one of those..

Nice squeeze. Irg has a setup like that.. I'm amazed he gets his 89 down there..
I think 90" would be as large as I can get into my apartment. There's sharp corners in my front hallway, but the ceiling is high?.. Not sure? 78" is good for now
I just pulled my 88 inch out the attic and took it into the basement. A lot of turns and twisting it sideways. Uggg.... Will be installing my 7955s this weekend since the GS is next week @ my club.
livinma1 is offline Find More Posts by livinma1
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 30, 2011, 11:28 AM
Some.. call him Tim...
Joined Oct 2008
6,342 Posts
I'm looking to fly my 78" & 60" Locally this Sunday, I might go to Sherwood IL in norwalk CT(on the beach 40min ride), next weekend I plan on hitting NJ at some point..
Old Oct 04, 2011, 01:48 PM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,151 Posts
Trader Rating: 4
Quote:
Pfttt.. Matt gets like 7 min and charges both batts in like 45 min.. You must be in the stone age!!

LOL..
12 minute charges since I got my Powerlab 8 thank you very much..

Quote:
This is true. .my buddy only flys for like 7-8 min.. My Yak with the DLE55 can fly for 15 then some!!!!

I may just keep it all gas on 50cc and up.. I do love my 60'' edge.. 9 min Easy.. charge at 2C or better and fly agian in bout 25 min..
Hmm 15 miute flights on the yak maybe depending on whos flyinng it and if it stay off the terra firma.
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1