HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Energy, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 28, 2011, 03:17 PM
Canada
Joined May 2009
1,252 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
For Sale
Custom RC jet boat

I custom built this remote controlled jetboat for selling. Need to sell quick**** I'm loosing lots of money at this point, your gain.

These are the most fun rc boats out there. No prop hanging down, so you can take them to the beach, creek, river, rocky shoreline, pond, anywhere that has 3 inches of water. Check out all the YouTube videos of these things. Search "tear into rc jetboat".

It has only been used for test to make sure everything works well.

It's ready to run including a 2.4ghz radio and receiver, brushless motor and esc and the lipo battery(4000mah 40C 2 cell lipo = loads of run time) + charger.

Everything is basically waterproof/ water resistant. The servo might give you trouble if you completely submerged it, but they are very cheap to buy. Its a cheap hobbyking servo and it has been very twitchy since i got it. May want to replace that down the road.

Comes with every single thing you need.

You can not buy these boats rtr, you buy the hull and then put electronics in and modify it for the electronics. Has a full jet tapped water cooling system for example.

Will consider selling as plug and play. (everything except tx and rx) for slightly cheaper.

Remember this is brand new, and hours of time went into it.

selling for $180 + shipping to you. This is a very good deal. I'm at $220 in parts alone and can prove it.

Runs great and has lots of power. Its not your high performance race boat, but it is a ton of fun in creeks and others places that no other rc boat can go.

NO TRADES PLEASE...

PM me if interested.
Energy is offline Find More Posts by Energy
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 28, 2011, 04:47 PM
RC Addict
Western NY
Joined Jun 2002
1,639 Posts
Trader Rating: 37
WHat size is this hull? Do you think it is strong enough to tow a dead boat in with a tennis ball and fishing line attached to it?
Raydee is offline Find More Posts by Raydee
Old Aug 28, 2011, 06:05 PM
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Apr 2009
870 Posts
Trader Rating: 18
Can you tell me the specs on the motor and esc?....and how much shipped conus without the tx/rx?.....thanks....Albert
karfrik is offline Find More Posts by karfrik
Old Aug 29, 2011, 10:07 AM
Canada
Joined May 2009
1,252 Posts
lengnth is 440mm, and i think it would definitely be strong enough to tow a boat in.

motor is a 2045 brushless 4800kv watercooled motor and a 35a watercooled esc. Both stay nice and cool with the high flow watercooling setup i installed.

I will look up the shipping price, but without tx and rx your looking at $160 + shipping. just standard shipping?
Energy is offline Find More Posts by Energy
Old Aug 29, 2011, 04:02 PM
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Apr 2009
870 Posts
Trader Rating: 18
Conus=continental USA.....thanks for the info
karfrik is offline Find More Posts by karfrik
Old Aug 29, 2011, 05:44 PM
My tapeworm tells me what todo
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Feb 2007
253 Posts
Trader Rating: 8
What jeep parts are you saving for LOL......
Bump for a nicely setup river runner.
;-)
tconners is offline Find More Posts by tconners
Old Aug 29, 2011, 06:41 PM
Model trains, Rc Boats, Rc air
United States, CA, SF
Joined Mar 2009
385 Posts
How much would the boat be without the lipo and charger.
6789boat is offline Find More Posts by 6789boat
Old Aug 29, 2011, 06:46 PM
Model trains, Rc Boats, Rc air
United States, CA, SF
Joined Mar 2009
385 Posts
Is the esc for lipos only.
6789boat is offline Find More Posts by 6789boat
Old Aug 29, 2011, 07:59 PM
Canada, ON, Markham
Joined Aug 2008
8,730 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raydee View Post
WHat size is this hull? Do you think it is strong enough to tow a dead boat in with a tennis ball and fishing line attached to it?
It won't tow it in too fast, but it will definitely tow it in! I've towed in an upside down stiletto with mine with no issues.

It's a bit faster to use the boat to get the tennis ball out past the boat, then just give it a quick tug and reel the boat back in with the fishing reel.
wparsons is offline Find More Posts by wparsons
Old Aug 30, 2011, 12:16 PM
Joined Aug 2011
483 Posts
Trader Rating: 3
I'll take It

Quote:
Originally Posted by wparsons View Post
It won't tow it in too fast, but it will definitely tow it in! I've towed in an upside down stiletto with mine with no issues.

It's a bit faster to use the boat to get the tennis ball out past the boat, then just give it a quick tug and reel the boat back in with the fishing reel.
Find out how much shipping would be to Darlington sc 29540 USA and if it's not to bad like over $50 I'll take it. How fast is this thing and I will be using it to pull in my 58" Hurrican and 48" F41 and Ivan cracker . Thanks Lance
Gavinxman is offline Find More Posts by Gavinxman
Old Sep 09, 2011, 12:34 PM
Montana Transplant
United States, OR, Klamath Falls
Joined Aug 2005
1,923 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Energy View Post
I custom built this remote controlled jetboat for selling. Need to sell quick**** I'm loosing lots of money at this point, your gain.

These are the most fun rc boats out there. No prop hanging down, so you can take them to the beach, creek, river, rocky shoreline, pond, anywhere that has 3 inches of water. Check out all the YouTube videos of these things. Search "tear into rc jetboat".

It has only been used for test to make sure everything works well.

It's ready to run including a 2.4ghz radio and receiver, brushless motor and esc and the lipo battery(4000mah 40C 2 cell lipo = loads of run time) + charger.

Everything is basically waterproof/ water resistant. The servo might give you trouble if you completely submerged it, but they are very cheap to buy. Its a cheap hobbyking servo and it has been very twitchy since i got it. May want to replace that down the road.

Comes with every single thing you need.

You can not buy these boats rtr, you buy the hull and then put electronics in and modify it for the electronics. Has a full jet tapped water cooling system for example.

Will consider selling as plug and play. (everything except tx and rx) for slightly cheaper.

Remember this is brand new, and hours of time went into it.

selling for $180 + shipping to you. This is a very good deal. I'm at $220 in parts alone and can prove it.

Runs great and has lots of power. Its not your high performance race boat, but it is a ton of fun in creeks and others places that no other rc boat can go.

NO TRADES PLEASE...

PM me if interested.

where do you find a jet drive system like this??
Thanks
mt_flyer is offline Find More Posts by mt_flyer
Old Sep 10, 2011, 12:56 PM
Canada, ON, Markham
Joined Aug 2008
8,730 Posts
It comes stock in the hull, but it's a direct copy of a graupner mini jet unit. Those are hard to come by, but are still available from some places.
wparsons is offline Find More Posts by wparsons