HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by 92PathSE, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 27, 2011, 01:13 PM
Today's forecast: Summer
United States, GA
Joined Apr 2011
247 Posts
Discussion
My First RC Plane (...or what's left of it)

I got this at my LHS when I was about 12. It lasted a few years. Lots of tape held it together. I never had a landing that wasn't a major crash. When the firewall/motor mount broke off, it was time to call it quits. I held on to it with the intention of rebuilding it at some point. 15 years later, I'm not so sure about that.

This was back when "bricks" were literally the size of bricks. Those servos are massive.

The motor might be a 380-size. It's not very large.

Non-adjustable gear mesh. I became very familiar with swapping out the prop shaft, since I bent about 10 of them on crash landings.

That isn't good.

I could probably fix this.
92PathSE is offline Find More Posts by 92PathSE
to remove ads between posts