HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 16, 2012, 08:08 AM
Win=span\massXpractice+lu ck
Joined Jul 2007
3,087 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetcoast View Post
Well Done Dave!!!!!! And It sounds like Arend Keith and Simon all deserve a huge round of Well done for the efforts , it is a shame that it didn't go as well for everyone as hoped.

I hope to hear lots of stories.

Cheers,
Eric
Thanks Eric, it was a lot of hard work and some pain as well. Arend and Simon deserved better luck for sure. It was really difficult watching them get the short end of the stick round after round. However I also think as pilots all of us walked away with some lessons learned.

The conditions were punishing at times. However a few rounds were exactly what we practised for and in those rounds we all essentially hit our targets. Arend pulled off a sub second tow and skied out from 30 feet and 900 meters down wind, Keith flew at the longest distance of any of the pilots comfortably round after round. He is the main reason I have all my planes in fact, his eyes were better than mine and I lost count on how many times I said "I dont have it" meaning I just lost visual contact with my plane for at least an entire circle...Keith always had a lock on my model. I would just release the sticks and watch - its a good thing these planes trim out well ! Simon was heading for the Junior trophy no doubt in my mind when he started losing models. He was head and shoulders above his field.

I was lucky to have the team in place that I had and making the flyoffs is a clear testiment to thier effort as much as mine.
webbsolution is offline Find More Posts by webbsolution
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 16, 2012, 11:59 PM
Canada, BC
Joined Jan 2010
310 Posts
I am proud of you all. I am however, still waiting for my nails to grow back.
Airbud is offline Find More Posts by Airbud
Old Aug 25, 2012, 10:33 AM
Joined Jul 2007
3,087 Posts
OK patient people! I am sorry for the delays on all of this but I basically got home tried to get my brains used to North American time for a few days and then flew to Chicago for work...I have been so busy - I got up at 6:30 on a saturday to get this part done so thank you for your patience.

Progress thus far.

I have drawn the numbers for the tickets which basically means I have mapped a ticket number to each of you who purchased tickets via pay pal. I will post this as soon as its verified and a day or two has been given for anyone to voice thier concerns regarding the next two paragraphs.

There were a few people who said they were unable to use pay pal and preferred to send a check or a draft - to all those people I have checked, recheck and checked once more all my mail boxes and have NOT recieved any more money for tickets aside from pay pal funds. If you think you have sent the team money for tickets please PM me immediately. If the funds come way late we will deal with that fairly.

Douglas Pike, Ivan MacKenzie and Anthony Dempsey - you ordered shirts, You will not get them because we failed to make them! However, you will get an upgrade to a team jacket, I think thats only fair - we lose a few bucks here but promises should be kept. We are doing a reprint of a few jackets - they are $60 each - if you want one you have exactly two weeks starting today to get paypal funds to me. No extensions. I need to close the loop on this nad start the process of gathering items from sponsors etc -

Shipping - Winners will be notified of shipping costs - stand by on that

Next steps -

going to wait a couple days to let anyone who thinks there is a mistake to notify us - Then we will post the names and ticket numbers on the raffle web site (if I can get the content formatted for this page ill post them here too) - I will do the drawing on the following weekend and post the results here on this thread.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 04:25 PM
Detail Freak
Harbor City, CA
Joined Oct 2003
21,758 Posts
So, when is the drawing, Dave??

R,
Target
target is offline Find More Posts by target
Old Aug 29, 2012, 04:41 PM
Joined Jul 2007
3,087 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by target View Post
So, when is the drawing, Dave??

R,
Target
OK the tickets are posted on the web site www.wacos.ca/f3j

I need to leave that up and make sure that everyone is accounted for but I dont anticipate anyone has been left out. The output file from paypal was fed into a script to create that table so minimal human input was used.

I am away on business next week - I Think ill be able to get the drawing done by the weekend and post on the RC groups site.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 04:48 PM
Detail Freak
Harbor City, CA
Joined Oct 2003
21,758 Posts
Great, Dave thanks!

VR,
Target
Old Aug 30, 2012, 01:46 AM
Team Hong Kong F3K
Hong Kong
Joined Sep 2010
3,197 Posts
wOOOohhhOOO

000-004!!!
ThomasLee is offline Find More Posts by ThomasLee
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Neos Layups
Old Sep 09, 2012, 04:33 PM
Joined Jul 2007
3,087 Posts
DRAWING PRIZES - Ahem - the winners are

People! the tickets have been drawn - The drawing was watched closely by my wife and Daughter - Significant mixing has occurred - tickets have been pulled - the cards have fallen.

Congrats to everyone who won and thank you to everyone for supporting Canada!

Prize # 16 - ATX Hat - goes to - #103 Thomas Rauber
Prize # 15 - ATX Hat - goes to - # 45 Douglas Pike
Prize # 14 - ATX Hat - goes to - #74 Thomas Martin
Prize # 13 - ATX T-Shirt - goes to - # 07 Patrick MacKenzie
Prize # 12 - ATX T-Shirt - goes to - # 134 Steve Goulet
Prize # 11 - ATX T-shirt - goes to - #106 Thomas Rauber
Prize # 10 - ATX 761 Servo (pair) - # 112 John O'Sullivan
Prize # 9 - ATX 761 Servo (pair) - # 60 Scott Gifford
Prize # 8 - ATX 761 Servo (pair) - #23 Keith Lutz
Prize # 7 - Vladimir Models Elf DLG -# 20 Keith Lutz
Prize # 6 - Horizon Hobbies Umax Glider -# 117 Thierry
Prize # 5 - JR DS378HV (pair)- goes to - # 32 christopher behm
Prize # 4 - JR DS378HV (pair)- - goes to - # 63 Scott Gifford
Prize # 3 - ATX SD10-G w/ 10CH rx - # 81 David Clarke!
Prize # 2 - JR 11X with 921 RX - #80 David Clarke!
Prize # 1 - Xplorer 4.0 - goes to -#41 Seth Arlow !

Shipping - ill be getting all these prizes over the next week or two - ill give each of you a shipping estimate where applicable.
Old Sep 09, 2012, 04:36 PM
Detail Freak
Harbor City, CA
Joined Oct 2003
21,758 Posts
Sweet!
Thanks, David.

R,
Target
PS. David Clarke: a lucky but brand confused flyer! How funny.
Old Sep 09, 2012, 06:23 PM
Joined Jul 2007
3,087 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by target View Post
Sweet!
Thanks, David.

R,
Target
PS. David Clarke: a lucky but brand confused flyer! How funny.
Yup, Should be interesting to see which one is his favorite....
Old Sep 09, 2012, 08:39 PM
Zoomitdude
Frisco, Tx
Joined May 2005
28 Posts
David W, thanks very much and I am extremely surprised! Please pass my congrats to all the team for an excellent contest and it too, was beyond extraordinary!

Target, LOL...no doubt a bit confusing since I have been using a couple of JR10X's, 2.4 module-equipped, for several years and they have been flawless. I've been one of the 'if it ain't broke...' believers so 2 new TX's......yeah, its a (nice) dilemma.

Best regards,
David
davey1 is online now Find More Posts by davey1
Old Sep 09, 2012, 08:42 PM
Detail Freak
Harbor City, CA
Joined Oct 2003
21,758 Posts
I haven't found my 11x to be lacking, and it will work with your current Rx's...
Old Sep 09, 2012, 08:49 PM
Joined Jul 2007
3,087 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davey1 View Post
David W, thanks very much and I am extremely surprised! Please pass my congrats to all the team for an excellent contest and it too, was beyond extraordinary!

Target, LOL...no doubt a bit confusing since I have been using a couple of JR10X's, 2.4 module-equipped, for several years and they have been flawless. I've been one of the 'if it ain't broke...' believers so 2 new TX's......yeah, its a (nice) dilemma.

Best regards,
David
You can always return them lol i will pull more tickets if you want !
Old Sep 09, 2012, 09:45 PM
Zoomitdude
Frisco, Tx
Joined May 2005
28 Posts
Funny man......like that is going to happen. LOL...
dc
davey1 is online now Find More Posts by davey1
Old Sep 09, 2012, 10:18 PM
Joined Jul 2007
3,087 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davey1 View Post
Funny man......like that is going to happen. LOL...
dc
PM me your shipping address ok ? I think Horizon might drop ship but Global (SD10-G) might need some shipping funds etc - should not be drastic though.