SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 16, 2012, 09:42 PM
kdt
Joined Feb 2007
421 Posts
I will PM you the address

Getting close... Still accepting your hard earned money.

Good luck!
kdt is offline Find More Posts by kdt
Last edited by kdt; Jul 16, 2012 at 09:52 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 16, 2012, 09:51 PM
kdt
Joined Feb 2007
421 Posts
PM'd

High cost of Paypal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak79 View Post
Well I was going to buy some tickets, but the site is down or not working? How would I go about it?
kdt is offline Find More Posts by kdt
Old Jul 17, 2012, 08:43 PM
Win=span\massXpractice+lu ck
Joined Jul 2007
3,076 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdt View Post
High cost of Paypal

Pm me ill give you the details for tickets, we were asked to remove the PayPal cart but we can still accept payment...
webbsolution is offline Find More Posts by webbsolution
Old Aug 09, 2012, 07:32 PM
Team Hong Kong F3K
Hong Kong
Joined Sep 2010
3,157 Posts
CONGRATS Dave!!! Show them how it's done in the finals! At your first WC too...amazing
ThomasLee is online now Find More Posts by ThomasLee
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Neos Layups
Old Aug 09, 2012, 07:34 PM
Detail Freak
Harbor City, CA
Joined Oct 2003
21,680 Posts
Best of luck, Webb-ster!
target is offline Find More Posts by target
Old Aug 09, 2012, 08:50 PM
MSgt, USAF Ret.
USA, WA, Spokane
Joined Nov 2003
1,259 Posts
It's not his first but it is his best results. It's amazing what you can do with a secret weapon! I'm talking about his wife Amanda. It also speaks highly of picking an airframe and then sticking with it.

Go Webb!
Jim Frahm is offline Find More Posts by Jim Frahm
Old Aug 12, 2012, 09:38 AM
Joined Jul 2007
3,076 Posts
Thanks guys

Wow what a humbling experience this was. I Think I may have said similar things after the 2008 wc as well but it can't go without mentioning that I was totally out of my elliment (again).

I have to honestly say that while making the fly offs was my goal actually attaining that goal was more of a dream. I was stunned to make it and also a little sad that it was Brendan Beardsley who I consider a good friend that essentially got the rough end of the draw in terms on conditns and scenarios which essentially allowed me to retain 12 place. I wanted to fly with him and compare notes later. Next wc I hope.

The finals and the conditions therein were punishing. There is such a vast difference between 10 and 15 minutes when you can't stay in a thermal for more than 3- 6 minutes at a time.

I think the main thing that needs to be said is that making the finals as improbable as it was only underscores the efforts made by Arend Borst, Keith Thompson, Simon Borst, and our team captain Edmund Liem. On the flight line Arend and Kieth made some great calls to keep my max time and Edmund kept us all flowing round after round. All the practise in the world will fail you without guys like these in your corner, they were really excellent under fire.

Arend deserved so much better luck than he received this wc and Simon would have slaughtered the junior scene if it were not for the near complete loss of all his planes.

Most of all I want to thank all of you for your support of this raffle and our team. We really need people like you. Thanks so much.
Old Aug 12, 2012, 12:30 PM
Jyvaskyla, Finland
Joined Aug 2003
2,431 Posts
Really nice flying David Since we have somewhat similar weather type at spring time, I know how difficult it is to play between quickly changing thermals and strong sink. 10 minutes is hard work even in normal winds, not to speak about 12m/s + winds... Taking the relaunch at right moment (early enough) often makes the difference between 1000 points and 500 points.

The competition must have been also physically hard because of the wind chill. Zero temperatures in 10m/s wind is much worse that -10C and calm weather. It takes huge amount of energy just to stay warm. And if you feel cold, your concentration and reduces motoric skills are severly affected.

From Facebook and results I saw that many very good pilot had bad luck very early in preliminaries. But this does not take anything away from those who did better and fight their way to fly offs. I am sure every pilot was more or less out of their comfort zone there.

How about your equipment. Any problems?
Tuomo is offline Find More Posts by Tuomo
Old Aug 12, 2012, 02:09 PM
Canada, BC
Joined Jan 2010
310 Posts
I was biting my nails as I followed Team Canada's progress. Congratulations to all Team Canada for such a strong showing.
Airbud is offline Find More Posts by Airbud
Old Aug 13, 2012, 04:05 AM
Joined Jul 2007
3,076 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuomo View Post
Really nice flying David Since we have somewhat similar weather type at spring time, I know how difficult it is to play between quickly changing thermals and strong sink. 10 minutes is hard work even in normal winds, not to speak about 12m/s + winds... Taking the relaunch at right moment (early enough) often makes the difference between 1000 points and 500 points.

The competition must have been also physically hard because of the wind chill. Zero temperatures in 10m/s wind is much worse that -10C and calm weather. It takes huge amount of energy just to stay warm. And if you feel cold, your concentration and reduces motoric skills are severly affected.

From Facebook and results I saw that many very good pilot had bad luck very early in preliminaries. But this does not take anything away from those who did better and fight their way to fly offs. I am sure every pilot was more or less out of their comfort zone there.

How about your equipment. Any problems?
My main high wind plane suffered a failure at the tow hook seam on the fuse resulting in she'd parts and an out landing. had it not been for that I'd might have another 80 points to add to my prelim scores. A few other non spread tow planes had similar results in the highest of winds but mine was fixed the same night and flown the next day. Nan identified it as a dry seam and made immediate offers to resolve the issue with me.

None of my spread tow planes failed or even hinted at issues. Given the massive volume of xplorers and x2's at this event, this was pretty good. In the end I am leaving with all my planes.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 05:28 AM
Australia, QLD, Gold Coast
Joined Sep 2008
2,484 Posts
Great job. What happened with Arend and what planes was he flying ?
AlpineDSacro is offline Find More Posts by AlpineDSacro
Old Aug 13, 2012, 06:10 AM
Joined Jul 2007
3,076 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineDSacro View Post
Great job. What happened with Arend and what planes was he flying ?
Arend was flying the maxa. He suffered some unfortunate bad luck scenarios, a pop off followed by a cut line and some other challenges. Sometimes the luck side of this event levels all the skill and preparations you can put in.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 06:18 PM
Canada, BC
Joined Jan 2010
310 Posts
How about Simons plane. Did he get it back?
Also, when is the draw?
Airbud is offline Find More Posts by Airbud
Old Aug 14, 2012, 03:29 AM
Joined Jul 2007
3,076 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airbud View Post
How about Simons plane. Did he get it back?
Also, when is the draw?
Simons model was not recovered...

The draw will be done as soon as I post the numbers, confirm everything then get to a group event so I have witnesses etc. I expect by months end.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 03:44 AM
Vancouver, BC
Joined Jan 2004
105 Posts
Well Done Dave!!!!!! And It sounds like Arend Keith and Simon all deserve a huge round of Well done for the efforts , it is a shame that it didn't go as well for everyone as hoped.

I hope to hear lots of stories.

Cheers,
Eric
Wetcoast is offline Find More Posts by Wetcoast