HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 27, 2011, 04:50 PM
Fish can fly too...
Canada, ON, Burlington
Joined Nov 2008
65 Posts
Team is really good. However, here is one minus - three pilots were selected from ONLY 4 competitors and one junior pilot from....one junior pilot! )) In my own opinion only good concurrence may create best team. Unfortunately, place of trial (British Columbia) is too far from other Canadian provinces where soaring also is popular.
Anyway, GOOD LUCK, CANADA, we cross fingers!)))
soarerf3j is offline Find More Posts by soarerf3j
Last edited by soarerf3j; Nov 27, 2011 at 04:56 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 27, 2011, 09:18 PM
Win=span\massXpractice+lu ck
Joined Jul 2007
2,764 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by soarerf3j View Post
Team is really good. However, here is one minus - three pilots were selected from ONLY 4 competitors and one junior pilot from....one junior pilot! )) In my own opinion only good concurrence may create best team. Unfortunately, place of trial (British Columbia) is too far from other Canadian provinces where soaring also is popular.

considering it takes 10-15+ towers - plus 6+ helpers and all the proper gear for launching, running the time tasks (audio gear) its a wonder we even get a TS off the ground in BC at all. IT always seems to be just about a bust and then it falls together.

At the rate we are going the next TS will be 2x 100ft hose monster bungees and 100 meters of mono....the saving grace this year was the lack of pilots in attendance. If we had had 10 pilots show up it would have been chaos! so feel free to offline me if your club is willing to host the FAI based event, you have a critical mass of pilots with planes that can handle a two man tow, towers capable of the task for the day+ a rain day for spare, mono, audio gear and a field large enough and flat enough for J towing.

in the interim we really need and appreciate your support. We simply cant do it without.

The site should be accepting raffle ticket sales and shirt sales soon.
webbsolution is offline Find More Posts by webbsolution
Old Nov 28, 2011, 12:03 PM
kdt
Joined Feb 2007
415 Posts
Canadian F3J team

Quote:
Originally Posted by soarerf3j View Post
I welcome whatever other regions can offer in the form of contests and any participation. We need as much positive support as possible to make the World Championships in South Africa. The air ticket alone will cost us Westerners $3000.00 each. 3 new models and more will set me back many $ . The cost of staying in South Africa and paying for the additional team member costs are nothing to be trifled at. Please contribute whatever you can to support our team. Spread the word we need whatever help we can muster.

Thanks!

Keith Thomson
Canadian F3J 2012 Team South Africa
Canadian F3J 2010 Team France
kdt is offline Find More Posts by kdt
Last edited by kdt; Nov 28, 2011 at 06:01 PM.
Old Dec 05, 2011, 11:12 AM
kdt
Joined Feb 2007
415 Posts
Canadian F3J Team 2012

Clear Blue sky in the Fraser Valley gave us a day to fly yesterday. The condensation froze on our wings as the late afternoon shadows fell. Practice days are scarce at this time of year.
Old Jan 02, 2012, 01:42 PM
Joined Jul 2007
2,764 Posts
team web site is up

Ok people the team website is up - more bios and prizes coming so stay tuned.

tickets for the Xplorer 4.0 /SD-10/elf/ATX Servos and other prizes are $30 each and 5 for $100 - You could easily win the 4 meter Spread tow Xplorer for $100!

We will be posting Team shirts as an option asap -

We will also be adding some more prizes - if your organization or company wants in on draw prizes etc let us know.

http://wacos.ca/f3j/index.html

This is not a professional web page...you might have guessed this already but its the closest thing to getting my son involved in F3J I have had thus far We are totally open to improvements but keep in mind my web page admin is 14 and I am out of town 4 days a week!

The Canadian team really needs your support and I know that this community sticks together and pulls out the stops when its really required.

You are supporting members who could quite easily take home medals in both Junior and Senior positions so we thank you in advance for joining us on our journey!
Old Jan 02, 2012, 07:01 PM
Hamilton, CANADA
Joined Sep 2009
337 Posts
Way ta go guys...
will definitely get in on the raffle... I mean a fella has to have
at least 2, 4.M Xplorers in the hangar..!!

ps.. Keith... thanx again for the Supra wing, the new owner is eXstatic
he's back in the air.

Ray Munro
(other side of the mountain range)
Upvector is offline Find More Posts by Upvector
Old Jan 02, 2012, 08:23 PM
kdt
Joined Feb 2007
415 Posts
support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upvector View Post
Way ta go guys...
will definitely get in on the raffle... I mean a fella has to have
at least 2, 4.M Xplorers in the hangar..!!

ps.. Keith... thanx again for the Supra wing, the new owner is eXstatic
he's back in the air.

Ray Munro
(other side of the mountain range)
Good to hear the wing worked out... Many thanks Ray for the support with the team!! Spread the word...
Last edited by kdt; Jan 02, 2012 at 08:50 PM.
Old Jan 02, 2012, 10:03 PM
Joined Jul 2007
2,764 Posts
First tickets purchased by Thomas Lee

The very first set of tickets has been purchased by none other than Mr Thomas Lee or Armsoar.com - yes a non J pilot stepping up and beating you all to the punch! I love it!

Good luck Thomas !

Thanks again Thomas.
Old Jan 02, 2012, 11:05 PM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Toronto (Don Mills), Canada
Joined Dec 2002
16,461 Posts
Why are the tickets priced in US$?
Seems kind of odd to fund the Canadian team in US funds.

Pat MacKenzie
pmackenzie is online now Find More Posts by pmackenzie
Old Jan 02, 2012, 11:44 PM
Joined Jul 2007
2,764 Posts
The factof the matter is that The Canadian Team has two sets of friends...our own countrymen (and women) and our American friends.

As a Canadian who shops online and does business at the corporate level I don't even think twice at seeing prices quoted in US $ so I decided to just keep it simple. Hopefully I have not offended my own country

DW
Old Jan 03, 2012, 01:40 PM
Seattle
Joined Aug 2005
364 Posts
Just a note: Down in Seattle this coming flying season SASS will be hosting a Zip-Start Death Match every month. It's a one-day contest using 4-8 matched zip-starts (depending on how many pilots) with a 3 minute window and a VERY short landing tape. Simultaneous launches and we've found the 3 minute task to be enough work so you get both thermal and landing practice and still turn the flight groups around fast. Great practice and great fun. You guys need to come down and fly. We had one contest last year with 14 pilots and we got +15 rounds in.

Brian K
SASS
belouder is offline Find More Posts by belouder
Old Jan 03, 2012, 06:25 PM
Joined Jul 2007
2,764 Posts
So what about january?
Old Jan 04, 2012, 04:10 PM
United States, CA, Ontario
Joined Mar 2002
7,581 Posts
Id like a 4xl tee shirt if possible , will something like this be available ? .. thanks Dennis

I met Arend at the dlg contest in Poway with Larry Jolly ...
Dennis Everett is offline Find More Posts by Dennis Everett
Old Jan 04, 2012, 05:28 PM
Joined Jul 2007
2,764 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Everett View Post
Id like a 4xl tee shirt if possible , will something like this be available ? .. thanks Dennis

I met Arend at the dlg contest in Poway with Larry Jolly ...
Yrs we will have pics of the shirts and prices posted asap. I wanted to post actual pictures over mockups and our order has not been printed yet.
Old Jan 04, 2012, 07:12 PM
Joined Jul 2007
2,764 Posts
Dupe post sorry