New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 27, 2011, 08:25 AM
Find More Posts by PaperCut
Joined May 2011
14 Posts
Discussion
Settings for Optic 6 & Blade SR,mSR,SR120

Hi,

I've got an Hitec Optic 6 with Futaba 8DM dsm2 module, and I'm looking for recommendations on settings.

I have three Blade birds.. SR, mSR and SR 120. I'm not an experienced pilot, but I am pretty comfortable with the SR120 now, and can control the SR beyond hover

Anyway... I haven't dared use the SR with the Optic yet, as getting settings wrong on that is a little more risky than with the other two.

My problem with both the mSR and the SR 120, is that performance with the Optic 6 is extremely more sluggish than with the original blade radio. I mean... it's almost stupid.
But. now my original radio is failing, so I have to get the Optic sorted.

This is my setup at the moment, maybe someone can spot the problem straight away..

For both:
Mode2
PPM (does this matter with 2.4ghz??)
SFT.N
AGCL (without this, it's a pain to configure the SR and SR120..)

SR 120
EPA 100% on all channels
D/R 100% on ch 1,2,4
EXP -75% on ch1+2, 0% on ch4.

mSR
EPA 100% on all channels
D/R 120% on ch1+2, 100% on ch4
EXP 0% on ch1+4, -70% on ch2

At the moment I can't even remember why I set the EXP-settings that I did... I'm not very comfortable with all the bells and whistles yet

Any input appreciated! I should be able to fly better with the optic than the original radio!
PaperCut is offline Find More Posts by PaperCut
Last edited by PaperCut; Aug 27, 2011 at 08:26 AM. Reason: typo
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 27, 2011, 04:07 PM
Find More Posts by A.T.
Joined Aug 2002
5,811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaperCut View Post
Hi,
I've got an Hitec Optic 6 with Futaba 8DM dsm2 module, and I'm looking for recommendations on settings. I have three Blade birds.. SR, mSR and SR 120. I'm not an experienced pilot, but I am pretty comfortable with the SR120 now, and can control the SR beyond hover
Anyway... I haven't dared use the SR with the Optic yet, as getting settings wrong on that is a little more risky than with the other two.
My problem with both the mSR and the SR 120, is that performance with the Optic 6 is extremely more sluggish than with the original blade radio. I mean... it's almost stupid. But. now my original radio is failing, so I have to get the Optic sorted. This is my setup at the moment, maybe someone can spot the problem straight away.. For both:
Mode2
PPM (does this matter with 2.4ghz??)
SFT.N
AGCL (without this, it's a pain to configure the SR and SR120..)
SR 120
EPA 100% on all channels D/R 100% on ch 1,2,4 EXP -75% on ch1+2, 0% on ch4.
mSR
EPA 100% on all channels D/R 120% on ch1+2, 100% on ch4 EXP 0% on ch1+4, -70% on ch2
At the moment I can't even remember why I set the EXP-settings that I did... I'm not very comfortable with all the bells and whistles yet. Any input appreciated! I should be able to fly better with the optic than the original radio!
If not covered under:
Optic 6 - Set Up for MSR
see also
Hitec Optic 6 & Optic Sport - Manuals, Tutorial & Comparison Charts
HiTec Optic Programming 450SE

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
A.T. is offline Find More Posts by A.T.