Old Sep 22, 2011, 08:05 AM
UK
Joined Jul 2007
2,678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29 View Post
Did I mention that this heli rocks?
Lol
Na I got to disagree mine is very stable but it may rock after I have bashed it around a bit

Yes its a very impressive little heli - will take of couple of days to fine tune but flys excellent out of the box.

PS Tom did not find any auto setup as was implied in the Vid - but its real easy to setup.

Regards David
Hellraser is offline Find More Posts by Hellraser
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 22, 2011, 08:07 AM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
4,992 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_marty View Post
i set my th-hold switch at -15% so if i crash i flip the switch and it kills the throttle....BUT when i did this it works when the switch is flipped but when i return the switch to normal position the motor will not shut off it spins at a slow pace.....not sure why its doing this......one thing i did do is set a fixed ID and i love it, no long wait to bind up....turn on plug in battery and its ready to go.....
I have the same thing happening using the Wow suggested -5% throttle, so it looks like I am going to try really increasing the negative to hold off the throttle in TH. Perhaps this is a minor ESC bug or calibration issue... we will see. As long as it doesn't actually spool up, I think I can live with it.

As to the fixed code, glad you tried that out for us -- I have both of my 4f200s set up that way, and my other 2702v equipped helis as well, and I *love* the super fast bind and the security that the fixed code provides!
tracknoob is offline Find More Posts by tracknoob
Old Sep 22, 2011, 08:59 AM
United States, PA, Shippensburg
Joined Feb 2010
420 Posts
I plan on buying the 2801pro BNF the first of the month. Will the charger for the 4#3b and CB100 work with the battery on this? I have converted them to minideans and before I do it to the genius I want to make sure it works. If so I will put the orginal plug back on one of the chargers.
Thanks, Ron
HELIRON69 is offline Find More Posts by HELIRON69
Old Sep 22, 2011, 09:08 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,136 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HELIRON69 View Post
I plan on buying the 2801pro BNF the first of the month. Will the charger for the 4#3b and CB100 work with the battery on this? I have converted them to minideans and before I do it to the genius I want to make sure it works. If so I will put the orginal plug back on one of the chargers.
Thanks, Ron
Yes, it is the same charger.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Sep 22, 2011, 09:14 AM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,522 Posts
Quote:
Thanks, Ron
No need to change a charger back over just make a Deans to Walkera adapter for now till you change the Genius to micro Deans..
livonia bob is online now Find More Posts by livonia bob
Old Sep 22, 2011, 09:25 AM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
4,992 Posts
Possible Throttle hold fix!

I posted a possible throttle hold fix on the "alert" thread. Works for me, at least!

Woot!

Link:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...2#post19389059
Old Sep 22, 2011, 09:59 AM
United States, PA, Shippensburg
Joined Feb 2010
420 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by livonia bob View Post
No need to change a charger back over just make a Deans to Walkera adapter for now till you change the Genius to micro Deans..
I thought about that too, but I figure the less solder joints and connectors the better the conductivity. I have an Imax B6 that I use for charging all my batteries. Don't even use the old chargers anymore.
I've been following all you posts way back to the begining of the CB100 thread. Must say you've given me quite a few a laughs.
I'm retired also and turn 60 next month. The Genius is a gift to myself. Have lots of time to play with my "toys".
HELIRON69 is offline Find More Posts by HELIRON69
Old Sep 22, 2011, 10:08 AM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,522 Posts
Quote:
I thought about that too, but I figure the less solder joints and connectors the better the conductivity. I have an Imax B6 that I use for charging all my batteries. Don't even use the old chargers anymore.
I've been following all you posts way back to the begining of the CB100 thread. Must say you've given me quite a few a laughs.
I'm retired also and turn 60 next month. The Genius is a gift to myself. Have lots of time to play with my "toys".
I don't think it will be a problem with charging.. Unless your soldering skills are really bad the Deans will not cause much if any drop and even if they did it would only be another 30 seconds on the charger..

I have both adapters for my Acccell 6 chargers and I kept a stock Walkera charger just for charging a new heli for it's first test flight before I change it over to the micro Deans..

I often wonder now where I ever found the spare time to go to work... Seems I'm always busy now..
livonia bob is online now Find More Posts by livonia bob
Old Sep 22, 2011, 10:12 AM
Joined May 2011
655 Posts
Genius parts on RC711

Some Genius parts appeared on RC711.com:
http://www.rc711.com/shop/walkera-ge...66_60_263.html
FDR_ is offline Find More Posts by FDR_
Old Sep 22, 2011, 11:00 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Z View Post
Scott, I agree with you 1,000%!
What a PITA it is to work through the Devo 7 menu. I am still trying to figure things out and I have been at it most of the day... I am making progress though.

Tom
So the guy who puts up stickies about setting on several TXs finds this one a PITA and spends the day figuring it out. This will be my first programmable TX EVER! I'm NEVER going to figure it out.

Hope you put up a comprehensive guide for the DEVIL 7, Tom.
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 22, 2011, 11:19 AM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
4,992 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FDR_ View Post
Some Genius parts appeared on RC711.com:
http://www.rc711.com/shop/walkera-ge...66_60_263.html
Cool! Thanks for the tip, esp since (this is not a dig, just a fact!) Wow either doesn't have them yet, or (more likely?) just has not updated the applicable parts of their website yet.

So far, no need for it, but good to know it's there if I do!
Old Sep 22, 2011, 11:21 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellraser View Post
its real easy to setup.

Regards David
Yeah right! Must be why the Dv 7 is now referred to as the Devil 7. Mine should be in tomorrow or the next day and I'm scared. I think I'll have bad dreams tonight.
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 22, 2011, 11:45 AM
Tech Junkie
Wichita, KS
Joined Apr 2010
173 Posts
By the way, the battery for the Blade CX series of helis makes a perfect tx battery for the Devo 6. 2s lipo 800 mah with the proper connector and fits great in the battery compartment. Got mine for about 10$ at my lhs.
babblin5 is offline Find More Posts by babblin5
Old Sep 22, 2011, 11:47 AM
Madison WI
Joined Jan 2009
598 Posts
I am still sitting on the Devo 6 / Devo 7 fence. You guys are quickly talking me out of the 7...

But Walkera could step in at any time and provide a new interface for download, right? Sounds like they should.
jazzjohn is offline Find More Posts by jazzjohn
Old Sep 22, 2011, 11:57 AM
ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıbǝɹ
United States, FL, Lutz
Joined Sep 2011
224 Posts
John, one limitation of the user interface is the display itself. It's a crude text-based display that's only capable of showing two rows of 5 characters. That's a hardware limitation that no software update can fix.

The Devo 7 does seem like a capable transmitter and it's not actually that hard to program. The interface just leaves a lot to be desired, which makes it a frustrating process, especially while you're first learning it.
ScottAllyn is offline Find More Posts by ScottAllyn