to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 31, 2011, 03:52 PM
RC Helis: My Healthy Obsession
The OC, California
Joined Feb 2007
3,159 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flying-llama View Post
One question about this heli. Does it have "regular rotary" servos, like other Walkeras?
Or does it have linear servos (and if so, are the pots linear, like Eflite, or rotary, like Nine Eagles)?
It has rotary servos. Not linear like the MCP. That's why the profile of this heli is much lower which allows it to flip itself back upright after it crashes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29 View Post
Sweet!

BL now?

How much extra did that cost?
The C05 is about $30 and the tail ESC is $15. So for about $45 you can have a brushless set-up that just drops in. The only soldering I did was power for the esc to the back of the Rx board. You could use a "Y" connector for no soldering at all. I just wanted to keep it as light as possible. The BL set-up only weighs 41.7g including lipo.
dkfuji is offline Find More Posts by dkfuji
Old Aug 31, 2011, 03:58 PM
Vanadu
Canada, YT, Whitehorse
Joined Dec 2008
3,855 Posts
^^Looks awesome!
Heavy Chevy is offline Find More Posts by Heavy Chevy
Old Aug 31, 2011, 04:11 PM
The OC, California
Joined Feb 2007
3,159 Posts
I will try to post pics of the conversion later. The thing is, like Alishanmao said in his vid, the V100D08 is easier to 3D. What would be ideal is the firmware of the D08 in this Rx. Hopefully I can get this heli to Manny for him to do some mild 3D flights to see what the heli can do and how good the tail is. The thing to remember is the heli was design for the beginner/novice flyer so we can't expect too much.
Old Aug 31, 2011, 04:35 PM
UK
Joined Jul 2007
2,678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkfuji View Post
I will try to post pics of the conversion later. The thing is, like Alishanmao said in his vid, the V100D08 is easier to 3D. What would be ideal is the firmware of the D08 in this Rx. Hopefully I can get this heli to Manny for him to do some mild 3D flights to see what the heli can do and how good the tail is. The thing to remember is the heli was design for the beginner/novice flyer so we can't expect too much.
One more point Darryl - the Devo 6 aerial seems very small does it have power adjustment and if so how much output - I would suspect that although it has a 12 model memory the radio is still designed for indoor / Garden flying with limited range.

Regards David
Hellraser is offline Find More Posts by Hellraser
Old Aug 31, 2011, 05:05 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,167 Posts
I've never owned a walkera before so this very well may be my first. I like the fact that TX is 100% programmable and can hold 12 models. I am assuming this TX is as functional, it not more, than DX6i?
Razors edge 29 is offline Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Aug 31, 2011, 06:03 PM
The OC, California
Joined Feb 2007
3,159 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellraser View Post
One more point Darryl - the Devo 6 aerial seems very small does it have power adjustment and if so how much output - I would suspect that although it has a 12 model memory the radio is still designed for indoor / Garden flying with limited range.

Regards David
It did not come with specs so I don't know what kind of range it has. I am hoping it has 100mw so it will work for parkflying. When I get it out to the field I will try a range check and see what it has. Who knows? Maybe there is a spec sheet on it somewhere.
Old Aug 31, 2011, 06:23 PM
New Jersey
Joined Sep 2009
1,638 Posts
I am not sure I understand the undestructible part: with the 6-axys gyro you get a coaxial-like, stable behavior that should help beginners to prevent crashes, but is there any new design feature that makes this model more crash-resistant? Low RPM relative to a CP heli? Anything ?
DMala is offline Find More Posts by DMala
Old Aug 31, 2011, 06:38 PM
The OC, California
Joined Feb 2007
3,159 Posts
It is quite durable for a Walkera. The mainshaft is carbon and mainblades are plastic (like the MCP). It only weighs 42g and it doesn't have unreal HS to really tear anything up in a crash. It also has a small square tail boom that is very stiff that has not splintered after 4-5 smacks into my workbench, wall and street. I had it do the chicken dance after hitting hard on pavement last night and flipped it back right side up (from a distance) and took off again with no issues. I don't know about the indestructible part, but it sure can take a hit with no damage so far.
Old Aug 31, 2011, 07:56 PM
Joined Jan 2008
215 Posts
GREAT Video!!

Great video!! Alishanmao does some very informative videos on Walkera products........

Thanks Alishanmao!

Quote:
micron5 is offline Find More Posts by micron5
Old Sep 01, 2011, 01:12 AM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,167 Posts
where is livoniabob these days?
Old Sep 01, 2011, 01:53 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,296 Posts
Quote:
where is livoniabob these days?
He bought the V100D03BL and doesn't want see this.
zadaw is offline Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Sep 01, 2011, 01:54 AM
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined Sep 2008
7,149 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RM3Studios View Post
Oh, I hate you for posting this. That is the craziest thing I have seen Now I'm going to want one I have never seen something like that. It sounds bad ass, and is fast too How stable is it, and how hard is it to fly compared to a regular heli?
A multirotor is much easier to fly than a heli and it is much easier to repair after a crash.
Z06 Tony is online now Find More Posts by Z06 Tony
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 01, 2011, 02:00 AM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,167 Posts
Lol

Oh

Hahah

Figures

Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
He bought the V100D03BL and doesn't want see this.
Old Sep 01, 2011, 04:24 AM
crashing bbl
Tucson, Az.
Joined Feb 2011
101 Posts
I like the look of the devo 6, more so than the devo 8, the smaller size, and black cover appeal to me greatly.... I imagine with a combo package on this with a devo6 could be had for close to $240? at least i pray that its close to that
mrpaint is offline Find More Posts by mrpaint