HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 19, 2011, 05:43 AM
Before Oblivion
United Kingdom, England, Kingswinford
Joined Oct 2004
175 Posts
The Devo 6 looks to have a pretty intuitive navigational interface, pictures and drop down menus, I'm thinking the Devo 7 will be different, still ok but less intuitive maybe a mare to get round. Would like to see what it's like.
I have no experience of previous Walkera Tx's
olof is offline Find More Posts by olof
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 19, 2011, 06:20 AM
Micro-Heli-Concepts
Australia, NSW, Blacktown
Joined Dec 2006
4,984 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic k2 View Post
64 pages that was quick,,,seems like all the people that have tested the genius have only good things to say about it,doesnt have to be perfect for me but its nice that no one has any gripes at all about the way it handles,,was watching the vids again last night,cant wait to flip her over and try funnels also,looking forward to doing 3D at a nice low level as i always fly quite high with my 450 and my eye sight isnt the best.think ill order a main shaft and some tail blades,,,,is there a good boost with different lipos ? how good are the std one? i will order half a dozen to keep it up,,so std ok or should i pop for different lipos ?
Hi Magic,
I have one gripe with this heli.
Originally,I bought it for research and development purposes for MHC. I intended on making some upgrades for it and selling them to earn some money.
I was hoping to take photos of upgrades and show them off here.Then I find that there is nothing I want to change with it.
The feeling is very confusing for me. Iam sad because I have "Upgrader's Block" Yet,Iam grinning from ear to ear as I fly her.
I feel that because the Genius is more robust,Iam taking risks now that I wouldn't take before. That is a good thing,But,Iam sure the crashes that are sure to happen,Will be high speed and hard.
Soooo,My words of advice is to
**Be carefull flying near kids.
**Dogs and cats also might get too close and could be hurt.
**Wear some form of eye protection just incase she throws a blade.
These blades hurt more than the foam blades.
I find the stock Lipos seam to work fine. They do heat up during flight though.I set my timer for 5 minutes and still have good power then.
One other thing it needs is a white canopy underside like the V100D03 to make it easier when the sun is setting.
Regards Jason
jasonjetski is offline Find More Posts by jasonjetski
Old Sep 19, 2011, 06:43 AM
Micro-Heli-Concepts
Joined Dec 2006
4,984 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic k2 View Post
Well,if you cut them with your posh cnc machine ill take two sets would also help if they were shiney
No,These ones are "Hand Crafted"
Old Sep 19, 2011, 06:49 AM
Micro-Heli-Concepts
Joined Dec 2006
4,984 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellraser View Post
I think bill has the right Idea - Jason you crack me up
Hi David,
I actually made myself laugh as I was typing that out.
I know these will sell like hot cakes at this bargain price.
Also,Iam considering making these in Red for the real thrill seaker!
Regards Jason
Old Sep 19, 2011, 08:05 AM
Things that do fly
In my house ;-) The uk
Joined Dec 2008
2,712 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjetski View Post
Hi Magic,
I have one gripe with this heli.
Originally,I bought it for research and development purposes for MHC. I intended on making some upgrades for it and selling them to earn some money.
I was hoping to take photos of upgrades and show them off here.Then I find that there is nothing I want to change with it.
The feeling is very confusing for me. Iam sad because I have "Upgrader's Block" Yet,Iam grinning from ear to ear as I fly her.
I feel that because the Genius is more robust,Iam taking risks now that I wouldn't take before. That is a good thing,But,Iam sure the crashes that are sure to happen,Will be high speed and hard.
Soooo,My words of advice is to
**Be carefull flying near kids.
**Dogs and cats also might get too close and could be hurt.
**Wear some form of eye protection just incase she throws a blade.
These blades hurt more than the foam blades.
I find the stock Lipos seam to work fine. They do heat up during flight though.I set my timer for 5 minutes and still have good power then.
One other thing it needs is a white canopy underside like the V100D03 to make it easier when the sun is setting.
Regards Jason
Thats a good point about the canopy, a few have said its tricky to see,was thinking of having a bright one for outside and the std one for indoors,,do any of the other walkera canopies fit ?if not ill get a spare std one and spray it.
Magic k2 is offline Find More Posts by Magic k2
Old Sep 19, 2011, 11:51 AM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,312 Posts
Awful quiet in here today
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Sep 19, 2011, 11:56 AM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,534 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29 View Post
Awful quiet in here today
Monday everyone is busy at work doing what they should of got done Friday before leaving early..
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Old Sep 19, 2011, 11:59 AM
Joined Jun 2011
8,123 Posts
I think I will paint mine red to match the Canopy Stick Positioning System I plan to order from Jason.

Seriously, though... I failed to restrain myself... I ordered one today with 4 spare batteries. I got the RTF kit with Devo 7.

For those who are hoping for reviews from less capable, read beginner pilots, well... I'll be happy to put in my unbiased review after I try/crash it. This will be my first programmable TX. I hope it's not too complicated.

I'm looking forward to the Genius CP Challenge.

In the mean time, if any of you have advice for beginners such as setting beginner CP and throttle curves, or any other advice, I would welcome that with much appreciation.
bobepine is offline Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 19, 2011, 12:00 PM
Joined Jun 2011
8,123 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by livonia bob View Post
Monday everyone is busy at work doing what they should of got done Friday before leaving early..
I started at 9 this morning and left work at 10 this evening. Not enough hours in one day, mate.
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 19, 2011, 12:01 PM
Heli collector
Joined Apr 2009
16,534 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
I think I will paint mine red to match the Canopy Stick Positioning System I plan to order from Jason.

Seriously, though... I failed to restrain myself... I ordered one today with 4 spare batteries. I got the RTF kit with Devo 7.

For those who are hoping for reviews from less capable, read beginner pilots, well... I'll be happy to put in my unbiased review after I try/crash it. This will be my first programmable TX. I hope it's not too complicated.

I'm looking forward to the Genius CP Challenge.

In the mean time, if any of you have advice for beginners such as setting beginner CP and throttle curves, or any other advice, I would welcome that with much appreciation.
Take out all negative pitch in NORMAL mode till you get use to flying a CP..
Old Sep 19, 2011, 12:03 PM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,350 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by olof View Post
The Devo 6 looks to have a pretty intuitive navigational interface, pictures and drop down menus, I'm thinking the Devo 7 will be different, still ok but less intuitive maybe a mare to get round. Would like to see what it's like.
I have no experience of previous Walkera Tx's
The Devo7 is really a 2801 pro with new programing. The only thing that was somewhat of a nightmare on the 2801's was the different binding modes per rx and expo setup and such...but even that wasnt too hard as the shortcut buttons worked well. The only thing i truly disliked about any of my 2801's i owned was the switches (idle up/hold)were incorrect for how i learned to fly. So I always had to reverse them.
Not sure if you can reverse those software wise or not in the newer models. BUt if not it isnt a hard swap if wanted
indoorheli is online now Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Old Sep 19, 2011, 12:03 PM
Joined Jun 2011
8,123 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by livonia bob View Post
Take out all negative pitch in NORMAL mode till you get use to flying a CP..
Does that mean setting CP- curve to zero?
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 19, 2011, 12:05 PM
Heli collector
Joined Apr 2009
16,534 Posts
Quote:
I started at 9 this morning and left work at 10 this evening. Not enough hours in one day, mate.
I got up at 10 it's now 12 had breakfast and two coffee's so far.. Been reading RC Groups,, It's raining,, about time for a afternoon nap...
Old Sep 19, 2011, 12:06 PM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,350 Posts
Quote:
Does that mean setting CP- curve to zero?
something mellow like 50-50-50-60-75-85. For future cp flying you want to keep midstick at 0 pitch / 50%
indoorheli is online now Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Old Sep 19, 2011, 12:07 PM
ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıbǝɹ
United States, FL, Lutz
Joined Sep 2011
224 Posts
Quote:
Bob, if the Devo 7 isn't setup with throttle and pitch curves that match the pictures in the manual, SET IT UP THAT WAY BEFORE EVEN ATTEMPTING TO FLY! I didn't do that and ended up pile driving the heli into the floor with full negative pitch, shattering my landing gear / frame.

The manual is written in broken english, but the pictures make it pretty easy to figure things out. It should be even easier for you with the Devo 7; hopefully the screens match the Devo 6 screens, minus the color.
ScottAllyn is offline Find More Posts by ScottAllyn