HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 22, 2012, 06:24 AM
Micro Menace
Joined Aug 2012
491 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by valestrife View Post
is v911 tail boom fits genius cp??i had spare of solopro v2 tail boom which is identically same with 911 and it still loose a bit,are you adding something to make it fit or just plug and play? thanks
No, the 911 tail boom fits in nice and snug with no mods. The one I use is the "new version". It's a little longer then the Genius boom. I haven't tried a 911 tail motor yet though. I was using the 911 boom with a stock Genius motor. I have one spare Genius tail in a box, after that one I'm gonna use up my 911 stock and see how they work.
Budasac is online now Find More Posts by Budasac
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 22, 2012, 10:23 AM
Certified Heli Addict
United States, MI, Cadillac
Joined Apr 2011
811 Posts
Please be sure and let us know how it goes!
RaymondM is offline Find More Posts by RaymondM
Old Dec 23, 2012, 06:57 AM
...if you take the time
Israel, Tel Aviv
Joined Jul 2012
211 Posts
Hi Budasac,

Glad to see you got a cp, and wishing you a good time
About the tail boom- which wires did you use? I was wondering if the ones used in the v911 boom can be used. The Walkera wires are short prone...
Please update when you have more experience with the v911 motor. Can it reach the same rpm? I'm wondering what the lifespan gonna be.

Cheers
PurpleShark is offline Find More Posts by PurpleShark
Old Dec 23, 2012, 07:40 AM
Micro Menace
Joined Aug 2012
491 Posts
Well, I burned out one of the v911 motors after 6 flights. It was, however, a used motor that saw many hours of abuse in my v911, so no real conclusions can be made. I have 2 new 911 motors on the way and a replacement genius motor as well. When they get here I'll throw a 911 motor in one and the Genius motor in the other so I can do a straight up comparison.

I also ordered 5 more 240 mah 25c batteries. I can't stand down time.
As far as the boom. I used the 911 boom and motor holder with the Walkera wires and motor. ( I cracked the OEM boom but the motor was still good.) when I lose another I'll replace it with a complete 911 tail assembly and see how it goes.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 08:34 AM
United States, TX, Cypress
Joined Jan 2012
399 Posts
Those Walkera micro tail wires sure scratch and can short easy. I just did a motor replacement and saw allot of varish insulation come off. Unwinding a old motor armature magnet wire is ideal for re-wire. This is even better as it is braided
bobfa is offline Find More Posts by bobfa
Old Dec 23, 2012, 10:47 AM
Philippines, Calabarzon, San Pedro
Joined Jul 2012
3,896 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobfa View Post
Those Walkera micro tail wires sure scratch and can short easy. I just did a motor replacement and saw allot of varish insulation come off. Unwinding a old motor armature magnet wire is ideal for re-wire. This is even better as it is braided
Would it be possible to coat it in elmers glue and letting them dry? Or does the act of inserting tear them off anyway?
Hajile is online now Find More Posts by Hajile
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 23, 2012, 12:36 PM
United States, TX, Cypress
Joined Jan 2012
399 Posts
I would not want to take a chance, and burn a mosfet. I already saw magic smoke come from my fly back diode, and if it happens again I am out $79.00.
Don;t ask why I know so much.
bobfa is offline Find More Posts by bobfa
Old Dec 23, 2012, 07:21 PM
Joined Dec 2012
4 Posts
It's now genius cp version 2, this is a 6 aixs flybarless helicopter instead of the old 3 axis, with telemetry function, this genius cp v2 is a upgraded and replacement for the genius cp, it's suitable for both Beginners and the master level pilots.
MoonHobby is offline Find More Posts by MoonHobby
Old Dec 27, 2012, 07:50 AM
Micro Menace
Joined Aug 2012
491 Posts
Ok, I think the v911 main motor is a no-go. I've gone through 3 motors this week. Mind you, they were all used but, I got about six flights each out of the first two motors before they died. The third is still going but will only fly for about two minutes before draining the battery.

I have a few more Genius motors on the way as well as a Mini cp motor to compare.

On another note: did the servo saver mod to both my birds last night after buying 5 servos in a month..........

Edit: 3 of those were to replace the servos on a used Genius I bought. But still, $60 on servos, I can't bear to buy another one.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 07:56 AM
Joined Jul 2012
3,896 Posts
Five servos??? How often were you crashing them? I've crashed mine a few times but the only time i lost a servo was when i tried inverted, crashed and stripped the elevator. I've had a few other crashes where it went head on to a wall, slide across the ground, the heli survived all of them.

The only thing that breaks constantly on it is the main motor.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 27, 2012, 08:31 AM
United States, VA
Joined Dec 2006
1,480 Posts
Too bad about the V911 motors. The brushes must be weaker. I noticed on my V911 the fingers on the brush had actually broken off. I might still try it myself on the GCP but it doesn't sound like it's going to work.

I do wonder about the servo saver eventually wearing out the teeth on the horn or servo but I guess it's better than breaking the gears. I haven't had any issues with it so far.

How long did your Genius motors last? I'm right around 50 flights of 7-8 minutes off my 300 mAh nano-tech batteries and I have been wondering about the long flight time stressing the motor. I have only been flying outside though and it's relatively cool so the motor never even gets warm although I do still wait 5 or 10 minutes between flights.

On another note, I have to say the stock batteries suck. One was puffed right out of the box new and they didn't have much power. They both started to fail after only 5 or 6 flights each. Now they only give a couple minutes of weak flight time.
LittleMo is offline Find More Posts by LittleMo
Old Dec 27, 2012, 10:43 AM
Micro Menace
Joined Aug 2012
491 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajile View Post
Five servos??? How often were you crashing them? I've crashed mine a few times but the only time i lost a servo was when i tried inverted, crashed and stripped the elevator. I've had a few other crashes where it went head on to a wall, slide across the ground, the heli survived all of them.

The only thing that breaks constantly on it is the main motor.
I only stripped one in a crash. I bought 3 to replace bad servos on a used Genius that I purchased. I don't know what happened the 5th one. Stripped from handling the heli while working on it?? Either way, $60 on servos this month. (I have 1 extra) Don't plan on buying any more for a while.
Last edited by Budasac; Dec 27, 2012 at 05:15 PM.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 05:24 PM
Micro Menace
Joined Aug 2012
491 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMo View Post
Too bad about the V911 motors. The brushes must be weaker. I noticed on my V911 the fingers on the brush had actually broken off. I might still try it myself on the GCP but it doesn't sound like it's going to work.

I do wonder about the servo saver eventually wearing out the teeth on the horn or servo but I guess it's better than breaking the gears. I haven't had any issues with it so far.

How long did your Genius motors last? I'm right around 50 flights of 7-8 minutes off my 300 mAh nano-tech batteries and I have been wondering about the long flight time stressing the motor. I have only been flying outside though and it's relatively cool so the motor never even gets warm although I do still wait 5 or 10 minutes between flights.

On another note, I have to say the stock batteries suck. One was puffed right out of the box new and they didn't have much power. They both started to fail after only 5 or 6 flights each. Now they only give a couple minutes of weak flight time.
One motor came with my used Genius, so I don't know how old or how much abuse. On my new one I only got about 25 flights. Motor runs at 100% for the duration, but I only fly for 4 minutes at a time. (That's really as long as the batteries last.) But it did take a few hard crashes when I first got it. And I wasn't so adept at hitting the T/H at the beginning, so I attribute it's short life to it's battered beginnings.

I'm waiting for 5 Walkera 240mAh 25c batteries to get here. Hoping they're better then what I have. What Nano-Tech batteries are you using?
Old Dec 27, 2012, 05:30 PM
United States, VA
Joined Dec 2006
1,480 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budasac View Post
One motor came with my used Genius, so I don't know how old or how much abuse. On my new one I only got about 25 flights. Motor runs at 100% for the duration, but I only fly for 4 minutes at a time. (That's really as long as the batteries last.) But it did take a few hard crashes when I first got it. And I wasn't so adept at hitting the T/H at the beginning, so I attribute it's short life to it's battered beginnings.

I'm waiting for 5 Walkera 240mAh 25c batteries to get here. Hoping they're better then what I have. What Nano-Tech batteries are you using?
Hmm, that seems like a short life.

I use these. I think they are cheap compared to everything else. You have to swap the pos/neg wires which is easy or use another connector like micro-deans which is what I do.
LittleMo is offline Find More Posts by LittleMo
Old Dec 27, 2012, 07:40 PM
Joined Jul 2012
3,896 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMo View Post
Hmm, that seems like a short life.

I use these. I think they are cheap compared to everything else. You have to swap the pos/neg wires which is easy or use another connector like micro-deans which is what I do.
Just a question. Even tho the polarities are swapped on the connectors, the colors still correspond to the polarity, right?
RCG Plus Member