HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 26, 2012, 08:04 PM
Philippines, Calabarzon, San Pedro
Joined Jul 2012
4,101 Posts
I don't think you can even flip the heli in 6-axis any more than you can on a v911. Try moving the heli around (with the motor off), the swash stays level no matter what.

On the TX under Dual Rates set this for both Elevator and Aeleron:
Pos 0 = 70% rate +30 exp
Pos 1 = 100% rate +30 exp
Pos 2 = 100% rate 0 exp
ST 0 = Switch
ST 1 = Switch
ST 2 = Pos 2

Leave the rudder at 100% rate 0 exp. This should make it a lot easier to fly. I'm assuming that you've set your ST0 to Normal and both ST1 and 2 to stunt mode.
Hajile is online now Find More Posts by Hajile
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 27, 2012, 02:30 PM
Things that do fly
In my house ;-) The uk
Joined Dec 2008
2,708 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budasac View Post
Finally got my Genius today. Had 2 quick test flights, one inside and one out. (Drew blood on the inside run. lol Got a little too close and she clipped my thumb.) At least the blade hit me and not my new Tx.

Anyway, this thing is awesome. Having only flown v911s and 939 quad before I'm very impressed w/ the speed. It's hard to even keep your eyes on it when outside. I need to program in some D/R to tame it down a little. The only thing I've done to the Tx so far is to activate the Throttle Hold switch.

So far very nice though. I'm flying in 6-axis mode right now using Flight Mode 1.
Can you fly inverted with the 6-axis on? I haven't tried to flip it yet but was wondering if it needs to be in 3-axis mode first.
Stay outside and leave in 3 axis,,6 is a pain and will just teach you bad habits i recon,,its a pussy cat in 3 anyhoo
Magic k2 is offline Find More Posts by Magic k2
Old Dec 01, 2012, 03:46 PM
United States, VA
Joined Dec 2006
1,488 Posts
Hey guys, new GCP owner here and I'm trying to get it set up.

I'm having a really hard time finding information on the gyro setup.

There are two pots on the rx board for ele/ail gyro sensitivity. Which way should they be turned to make it more or less sensitive? For example, turning it clockwise makes it more or less sensitive? Also, what does "more sensitive" mean versus "less sensitive", I mean what effect does it have.

[Edit: gyro sensitivity radio channel is on channel 7, even with "6" channel radios (the 6 channel radio must actually output 8 channels)]

Thanks for any help, I'm sure these questions have been asked a million times but I have had absolutely no luck finding definitive answers.
LittleMo is offline Find More Posts by LittleMo
Last edited by LittleMo; Dec 01, 2012 at 04:12 PM.
Old Dec 01, 2012, 06:29 PM
Micro Menace
Joined Aug 2012
491 Posts
I just got mine recently, so I'm no expert, but according to the manual, turning them ail/ele gyro gain Cw increases sensetivity and CCW decreases it. More sensetive = more stable. Turning the Servo Ext CW makes the servos respond quicker.

I wasn't aware of any gyro control on the tx though. I'll have to read some more.
Budasac is online now Find More Posts by Budasac
Old Dec 01, 2012, 06:59 PM
United States, VA
Joined Dec 2006
1,488 Posts
Quote:
I just got mine recently, so I'm no expert, but according to the manual, turning them ail/ele gyro gain Cw increases sensetivity and CCW decreases it. More sensetive = more stable. Turning the Servo Ext CW makes the servos respond quicker.

I wasn't aware of any gyro control on the tx though. I'll have to read some more.
Thanks! Where is that in the manual, I must be blind!

If you don't have a solid green light on the RX when in 3-axis mode then you're not transmitting the gyro sensitivity and it will be really freaking hard to fly (almost like flying without any gyros; I broke parts ). This is what's on channel 7 although the 6 channel DEVO TX's apparently hide this fact from you. It seems to affect all the gyros on the heli so I'm not sure if or how this interacts with the pot settings on the board.
LittleMo is offline Find More Posts by LittleMo
Old Dec 01, 2012, 07:15 PM
Micro Menace
Joined Aug 2012
491 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMo View Post
Thanks! Where is that in the manual, I must be blind!
Section 6: Pages 8 and 9.
Old Dec 01, 2012, 11:37 PM
Philippines, Calabarzon, San Pedro
Joined Jul 2012
4,101 Posts
Does the gyro gain actually work? I can't feel a difference between 60 and 80. All i can do is turn it on and off to keep the heli from going nuts if i move it after landing.
Hajile is online now Find More Posts by Hajile
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 02, 2012, 07:40 AM
Heli Crash Survivor
United States, AR, North Little Rock
Joined Feb 2011
1,049 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajile View Post
Does the gyro gain actually work? I can't feel a difference between 60 and 80. All i can do is turn it on and off to keep the heli from going nuts if i move it after landing.
Below 50% is rate mode, which can be used to adjust a shaft driven tail. Above 50% is HH/heading hold. To see the difference set it at 80% & piro/spin it or just move your yaw/rudder back & forth. Set it lower like 60% big difference & piro/spin it or just move your yaw/rudder back & forth & you will notice how much faster heli yaw/rudder is. My Devo 8 has a 3 position mix switch. I have it set for 80%, 70%, 60%. I fly at 80% but if I want a faster piro I'll switch it to 70% or 60%.
Crash Survivor is online now Find More Posts by Crash Survivor
Old Dec 02, 2012, 07:52 AM
Kingdom of Sweden, Västra Götaland County, Lindome
Joined Jul 2011
195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash Survivor View Post
Below 50% is rate mode, which can be used to adjust a shaft driven tail. Above 50% is HH/heading hold. To see the difference set it at 80% & piro/spin it or just move your yaw/rudder back & forth. Set it lower like 60% big difference & piro/spin it or just move your yaw/rudder back & forth & you will notice how much faster heli yaw/rudder is. My Devo 8 has a 3 position mix switch. I have it set for 80%, 70%, 60%. I fly at 80% but if I want a faster piro I'll switch it to 70% or 60%.
Isn't below 50% gyro disable adjustment mode on GCP & MCP?
Palle_Plutt is offline Find More Posts by Palle_Plutt
Old Dec 02, 2012, 08:15 AM
Heli Crash Survivor
United States, AR, North Little Rock
Joined Feb 2011
1,049 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palle_Plutt View Post
Isn't below 50% gyro disable adjustment mode on GCP & MCP?
You right, I never used it on my GCP just turned switch 1 to 1 for adjustment mode. But the MCP has no dip switches & could be used. Forgot about doing adjustment mode that way.
Crash Survivor is online now Find More Posts by Crash Survivor
Old Dec 02, 2012, 08:29 AM
Micro Menace
Joined Aug 2012
491 Posts
I wish the manual was written a little better. I read through everything and still don't quite understand some of the settings and switches. I did enable Th/hld at least. Not sure why they would set that as INH in the factory settings. Unfortunately when I went to set up some D/R I found that one of the programming buttons was defective. So now my Devo 7 is on it's way back to Cali for replacement, so I can't even mess around with it.
Old Dec 02, 2012, 09:37 AM
United States, MN, Otsego
Joined Dec 2010
382 Posts
Quote:
I wish the manual was written a little better. I read through everything and still don't quite understand some of the settings and switches. I did enable Th/hld at least. Not sure why they would set that as INH in the factory settings. Unfortunately when I went to set up some D/R I found that one of the programming buttons was defective. So now my Devo 7 is on it's way back to Cali for replacement, so I can't even mess around with it.
The manuals can be challenging (putting it nicely). I downloaded pdf files of the manuals for the Genius cp and the Devo 7 that were marked up with some enlightening comments from here. I believe he still has them up. Very helpful notes all through the documents.

Jim
jcmors is offline Find More Posts by jcmors
Old Dec 02, 2012, 09:42 AM
V120D02S, GCP
United States, CA, Pasadena
Joined Feb 2012
142 Posts
Go here for a better devo 7 manual. Http://www.larsdennert.com/rc <whoops we posted at the same time>

Usually the rx ext pots are used to adjust the max throw of the linkage so it doesn't bind. Rudder on the gcp is just a motor though.
LarsDennert is offline Find More Posts by LarsDennert
Old Dec 02, 2012, 10:01 AM
United States, MN, Otsego
Joined Dec 2010
382 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsDennert View Post
Go here for a better devo 7 manual. Http://www.larsdennert.com/rc <whoops we posted at the same time>

Usually the rx ext pots are used to adjust the max throw of the linkage so it doesn't bind. Rudder on the gcp is just a motor though.
I would like to take this opportunity to personally thank you for sharing your efforts in making sense of those manuals. Perhaps you should apply for a position with Walkera translating their manuals for the masses

Jim
jcmors is offline Find More Posts by jcmors
Old Dec 02, 2012, 05:16 PM
V120D02S, GCP
United States, CA, Pasadena
Joined Feb 2012
142 Posts
Thanks I'm glad they are useful.

My Chinese is really bad so me translating for them is a bad idea lol.
LarsDennert is offline Find More Posts by LarsDennert