SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 21, 2012, 08:49 AM
Philippines, Calabarzon, San Pedro
Joined Jul 2012
4,470 Posts
On a carbon fiber shaft? I thought these things break, not bend And wouldn't you notice that during blade tracking? Or can a main shaft bend just enough to make the heli wobble without affecting the rotorhead?

I'll check it when my fingertips heal. Hopefully you're right and i'll just order a spare one next month.
Hajile is online now Find More Posts by Hajile
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 21, 2012, 12:04 PM
Joined Oct 2010
229 Posts
Genius canopy

Does anyone know where - or if - you can get the V2 Genius canopy? I'm talking about the kind with the black window, not the sillyass orange. Nobody seems to have them. Do they even exist? Seriously, I've never once seen one available. It looked like MyRCMart had them so I ordered three; now they're telling me they're out of stock with no ETA.
Mickmeister is offline Find More Posts by Mickmeister
Old Nov 21, 2012, 12:43 PM
Joined Jul 2012
4,470 Posts
http://www.chinesejade.com/walkeraGeniusCP.htm

There used to be a note under the pic that says only orange canopies are available. Now it's gone. You may want to try asking him.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 21, 2012, 12:43 PM
Micro Menace
Joined Aug 2012
492 Posts
I don't where, but I did see them listed last week. If I can find it I'll post a link for ya.
Budasac is online now Find More Posts by Budasac
Old Nov 21, 2012, 02:18 PM
Suspended Account
Mali, Tombouctou, Timbuktu
Joined Aug 2012
391 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajile View Post
http://www.chinesejade.com/walkeraGeniusCP.htm

There used to be a note under the pic that says only orange canopies are available. Now it's gone. You may want to try asking him.
Yes, Terence had a communications dilemma with Walkera;
He requested the Black and Orange canopy and was repeatedly given the Orange ones.
His orders have since been amended and He now sells both. http://www.chinesejade.com/walkeraGeniusCP.htm
V999D02 is offline Find More Posts by V999D02
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Nov 21, 2012, 04:20 PM
Joined Oct 2010
229 Posts
Thanks for the Chinese Jade link, guys. I ended up grabbing a few at Helipal instead , though. Jade has a better price, but it doesn't specify whether it's the V2 canopy or the original self-destruct-on-contact version, so I wanted to play it safe.

Then again, my last old-style canopy lasted me about 3 months (with a few re-tapings)...the V2 that I replaced it with got airborne, took a nose-first smack into a fence, and instantly split in two. Total amount of useful life: about thirty seconds. So I'm wondering if the V2's are much better. Now of course we've all seen the video and they no doubt take a foot-stomping better than the old ones...so I guess if you tend to stomp it more than crash it, it could be very useful.
Mickmeister is offline Find More Posts by Mickmeister
Old Nov 21, 2012, 04:36 PM
Joined Oct 2010
1,298 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickmeister View Post
Thanks for the Chinese Jade link, guys. I ended up grabbing a few at Helipal instead , though. Jade has a better price, but it doesn't specify whether it's the V2 canopy or the original self-destruct-on-contact version, so I wanted to play it safe.

Then again, my last old-style canopy lasted me about 3 months (with a few re-tapings)...the V2 that I replaced it with got airborne, took a nose-first smack into a fence, and instantly split in two. Total amount of useful life: about thirty seconds. So I'm wondering if the V2's are much better. Now of course we've all seen the video and they no doubt take a foot-stomping better than the old ones...so I guess if you tend to stomp it more than crash it, it could be very useful.
They are indeed better but you HAVE to reinforce the area immediately behind the skids or it will split the canopy in a frontal impact.
pmerritt is offline Find More Posts by pmerritt
Old Nov 21, 2012, 09:12 PM
Joined Jul 2012
4,470 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmerritt View Post
They are indeed better but you HAVE to reinforce the area immediately behind the skids or it will split the canopy in a frontal impact.
Any tips on how to do that? I was considering rounding them off with a soldering iron and putting tape immediately in front of it. Maybe it'll last longer than my first canopy before splitting.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 21, 2012, 10:12 PM
Joined Oct 2010
1,298 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajile View Post
Any tips on how to do that? I was considering rounding them off with a soldering iron and putting tape immediately in front of it. Maybe it'll last longer than my first canopy before splitting.
duct tape works wonders
pmerritt is offline Find More Posts by pmerritt
Old Nov 21, 2012, 11:38 PM
Joined Jul 2012
4,470 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmerritt View Post
duct tape works wonders
I don't think we have those and i've been using scots tape (It tends to slip tho). I'll check if they have fiberglass tape in the hardware store. Those are the ridged tape you see on the batteries right?
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 24, 2012, 06:52 PM
Micro Menace
Joined Aug 2012
492 Posts
Hey guys, what's the best replacement battery for the Genius. Also, does it have the same connector as the WL 939? It looks the same in the pics, but hard to tell. Thanks.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 09:30 AM
Indonesia, Jakarta Capital Region, Jakarta
Joined Nov 2012
51 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budasac View Post
Hey guys, what's the best replacement battery for the Genius. Also, does it have the same connector as the WL 939? It looks the same in the pics, but hard to tell. Thanks.
if you arent going for brushless mods..this battery quite good enough and it fits right through it!
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=24920
valestrife is offline Find More Posts by valestrife
Old Nov 25, 2012, 09:56 AM
Micro Menace
Joined Aug 2012
492 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by valestrife View Post
if you arent going for brushless mods..this battery quite good enough and it fits right through it!
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=24920

Thanks! It's going to stay brushed for now. I may upgrade it later.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 10:32 PM
Indonesia, Jakarta Capital Region, Jakarta
Joined Nov 2012
51 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budasac View Post
Thanks! It's going to stay brushed for now. I may upgrade it later.
if you want to upgrade it..www.chinesejade.com is having the sale for brushless C05 11.5kV only for 13$ its super cheap !! and don forget to buy walkera ESC 10A from there too.cost 15$ and 8T/9T pinion for 1mm shaft..
valestrife is offline Find More Posts by valestrife
Old Nov 26, 2012, 08:16 PM
Micro Menace
Joined Aug 2012
492 Posts
Finally got my Genius today. Had 2 quick test flights, one inside and one out. (Drew blood on the inside run. lol Got a little too close and she clipped my thumb.) At least the blade hit me and not my new Tx.

Anyway, this thing is awesome. Having only flown v911s and 939 quad before I'm very impressed w/ the speed. It's hard to even keep your eyes on it when outside. I need to program in some D/R to tame it down a little. The only thing I've done to the Tx so far is to activate the Throttle Hold switch.

So far very nice though. I'm flying in 6-axis mode right now using Flight Mode 1.
Can you fly inverted with the 6-axis on? I haven't tried to flip it yet but was wondering if it needs to be in 3-axis mode first.