SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 11, 2012, 06:06 AM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
2,775 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajile View Post
There's a cable set right under the walkera esc that includes both a Y-Cable and a 3 prong plug which i presume is the one that the motor will be soldered to.

Still waiting for that email. I'm resisting the urge to hit the paypal button until i get the word from the local seller.
He should have everything is stock, but yeah i recommend talking to him first.
Especially considering his hobby is also rc helicopters he might have a suggestion or two that we have missed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palle_Plutt View Post
Hi

No C05M go for the C05.
Paul from what iv understand C05 is just the general name for all the different c05 motors. Aka c05s c05m and c05xl. s and xl would not work well on a mini/genius.
Xermalk is online now Find More Posts by Xermalk
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 11, 2012, 08:07 AM
Philippines, Calabarzon, San Pedro
Joined Jul 2012
4,186 Posts
Looks like my motor's about to burn out. I'm getting vibrations and the propeller doesn't turn as freely anymore.
Hajile is online now Find More Posts by Hajile
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 11, 2012, 08:25 PM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Oct 2011
847 Posts
If you have stock battery, you need to get some good battery like hyperion 240mah for the brushless or you will suffer the few second flight
OnceAFly is offline Find More Posts by OnceAFly
Old Sep 11, 2012, 08:42 PM
Joined Jul 2012
4,186 Posts
Actually looking at the ones on the chinesejade site under GeniusCP spare sparts. There's a 350mah there that doesn't look much bigger than the stock battery (i hope).
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 12, 2012, 01:03 AM
Joined Jul 2012
4,186 Posts
PLDT mail server is down (PLDT is the ISP and their mail server went down???) and didn't get the error until today so i had to call him up and tried to describe it over the phone. He doesn't have one in stock and the only one he has is about 7,000kv.

I'm gonna go with chinesejade.
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 12, 2012, 03:15 AM
Big Island of Hawaii
Joined Jan 2011
247 Posts
Screws not fitting C05M

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After doing a brushless upgrade to GCP #1, I thought I would do the same on GCP #2.
Just received my C05M w/ 1.5mm from HK
The screws that came with the new C05M are loose in the motor threads. Thought they were stripped at first, but the threads look OK on both the screws and motor. I tried the screws from the Genius motor and they are also loose.

This is the second C05M I have received from HK. On the first one, the screws tightened with a good thread fit.

Anyone else have this problem or know what screws I need?
RD
rldeveer is offline Find More Posts by rldeveer
Old Sep 12, 2012, 04:40 AM
Joined Jul 2012
4,186 Posts
Question. Why would i want a 7 tooth gear for the brushless? Wouldn't that lower the RPM? I can probably get one locally if the 9 tooth doesn't work out, gears are more generic and should be available on most RC shops right?
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 12, 2012, 06:29 AM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
2,775 Posts
Lower headspeed = less battery drain, slower cyclic reaction and more torque so the motor will bog down even less.

Ontop of that you have less impact force in a crash, a 5600+ rpm rotor can do some serious damage if it hits something.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 07:42 AM
Joined Jul 2012
4,186 Posts
11500kv * 3.7v / (64 / 9) = 5984rpm

11500kv * 3.7v / (64 / 7) = 4654rpm

Stock brushed motor = 4600rpm
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 12, 2012, 08:05 AM
Heli Crash Survivor
United States, AR, North Little Rock
Joined Feb 2011
1,066 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rldeveer View Post
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After doing a brushless upgrade to GCP #1, I thought I would do the same on GCP #2.
Just received my C05M w/ 1.5mm from HK
The screws that came with the new C05M are loose in the motor threads. Thought they were stripped at first, but the threads look OK on both the screws and motor. I tried the screws from the Genius motor and they are also loose.

This is the second C05M I have received from HK. On the first one, the screws tightened with a good thread fit.

Anyone else have this problem or know what screws I need?
RD
Same problem but I don't know the exact screw size but this "Losi Screw Set, E-Clip: Micro-T/B/DT" I bought in the past had some in it that may have been a little too big but threaded in tight & holds great.

http://www.amazon.com/Screw-Set-E-Cl.../dp/B000KFS4VM
Crash Survivor is offline Find More Posts by Crash Survivor
Old Sep 13, 2012, 01:20 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Oct 2011
847 Posts
I prefer the 8T pinon over the 9T as in lesser bog down and smooth spin.
OnceAFly is offline Find More Posts by OnceAFly
Old Sep 13, 2012, 07:33 AM
United States, TX, Cypress
Joined Jan 2012
399 Posts
Hey this Genius is great except for one piece frame landing gear breaking.I even have a cracked motor mount. Does everyone have that problem, or is it me? I am thinking about a mini cp because changing out main frames cost money and an hour of my time. For about 50 bucks more, I also am thinking of the V120D02S but do not really want to have to invest in a slipper clutch to fix another inherent problem of Walkera design. Which one or none. I like the micros, but don't want to spend a fortune. I have a Devo 7 so want to stick to Walkera for another try.
bobfa is offline Find More Posts by bobfa
Old Sep 13, 2012, 08:25 AM
Joined Jul 2012
4,186 Posts
@bobfa
From the various videos, threads and experience. The Genius CP has three inherent flaws.

#1 Landing skids are flimsy

#2 Gyro cannot compensate for small movements (Will slowly turn left)

#3 Accelerometers are thrown off by the motor vibration. Very bad since they're used to tell the heli which way is down when in six axis mode.

See here
http://benmlee.com/Genius_Landing_Gear.htm
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 14, 2012, 08:35 AM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
2,775 Posts
Has anyone tested the 45c batterys from hobbyking ? Their 1g heavier and 1 usd more.
Old Sep 15, 2012, 08:20 AM
Things that do fly
In my house ;-) The uk
Joined Dec 2008
2,710 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xermalk View Post
Has anyone tested the 45c batterys from hobbyking ? Their 1g heavier and 1 usd more.
I wouldnt believe those c ratings,,the extra weight is coming from the plastic cap i recon,,,i like the nano tech lipos though,they do have good punch,not tried the 300s though.
Magic k2 is offline Find More Posts by Magic k2