Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jul 30, 2012, 09:41 PM
United States, CA, San Lorenzo
Joined Mar 2012
30 Posts
I thought genius cp is indestructable, but one crash I have to replace the servo. Now it does not seem to have enough lift and motor bogged down when full throttle. I try to adjust the blade pitch, but it does not work properly. Now I have 2 cp that does not function well.
hondatech is offline Find More Posts by hondatech
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 30, 2012, 09:59 PM
Joined Jan 2012
45 Posts
I went out and got a blade mcp x it does fly, I have knocked it into the ground and broken some parts, but I own that, it does fly, this one is very lacking, it seems well made, but there is little support if you have a problem, I am unhappy that they would go to all this trouble to build this, and then offer nothing to get you up! Competition has got these guys running so fast, they can't stay even. It looks well made, but the way it is offerred is so complicated and too tough to figure out. Maybe with a standard transmitter instead of 10 differrent sets of instructions. This helicopter will just "almost fly" I guess I have the one bad one. I am giving up on this bad combination. Don't know if it is the helicopter or the transmitter, or both.
kf1111 is offline Find More Posts by kf1111
Old Jul 30, 2012, 11:52 PM
United States, NC, New Bern
Joined Apr 2012
342 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondatech View Post
I thought genius cp is indestructable, but one crash I have to replace the servo. Now it does not seem to have enough lift and motor bogged down when full throttle. I try to adjust the blade pitch, but it does not work properly. Now I have 2 cp that does not function well.
Did you apply the simple and very usefull servo saver mod?

as for your heli not lifting off, it sounds like your shaft collar or main gear are not fitting nice and snug like they are supposed to. quick simple fix would be to flush the main gear with the shaft on the bottom, and to tighten the collar down so that there is no up or down play on the main shaft.

if that is not the problem then I am sure its something simple. the genious cp is a tough heli and very easy to work with and repair. personaly, i prefer the genious when it is changed over into the mini cp body, i think it looks nicer.

best of luck friend
Jon.M.Barter is offline Find More Posts by Jon.M.Barter
Old Jul 30, 2012, 11:54 PM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Oct 2011
847 Posts
Quote:
Check your main gear to make sure no free play between bottom of frame and main gear. You can push agains the rotor head and main gear if there is free play and check the collar is not too high up.
OnceAFly is offline Find More Posts by OnceAFly
Old Jul 31, 2012, 02:06 AM
United States, CA, San Lorenzo
Joined Mar 2012
30 Posts
Yes I did check the main shaft for up and down movement. My first cp the main shaft collar slide up. After I adjusted that it flew ok and then the reciever power cut in and out if battery wire move.
hondatech is offline Find More Posts by hondatech
Old Jul 31, 2012, 07:56 AM
Heli Crash Survivor
United States, AR, North Little Rock
Joined Feb 2011
1,053 Posts
Quote:
Yes I did check the main shaft for up and down movement. My first cp the main shaft collar slide up. After I adjusted that it flew ok and then the reciever power cut in and out if battery wire move.
Appears you have some broken strands on your battery plug where it make a bend coming off the top of the receiver. Pull off & solder coming off the bottom of the receiver & I tie wrap it to the frame to relieve stress when disconnecting batteries. With it coming from the bottom also makes a cleaner install for an ESC you can solder the power leads from the top if you ever go brushless/BL.
Crash Survivor is online now Find More Posts by Crash Survivor
Old Jul 31, 2012, 08:17 AM
United States, NJ, Evesham Township
Joined Oct 2011
201 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalMatCat View Post
Manually exercise the servos with your hand, if one is stripped you will feel it.
I was able to isolate it down to a bad power connection.

Thanks for the recommendation though.
Dave O is offline Find More Posts by Dave O
Old Jul 31, 2012, 11:03 AM
Malaysia, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur
Joined Jun 2012
285 Posts
Review Of The LEGO Technic 9396 Helicopter (2 min 20 sec)

anybody into Lego? hehe..
leonggyooi is offline Find More Posts by leonggyooi
Old Jul 31, 2012, 04:49 PM
United States, NC, New Bern
Joined Apr 2012
342 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonggyooi View Post
i definitely am! how much does this go for, i am guessing $500?
Jon.M.Barter is offline Find More Posts by Jon.M.Barter
Old Jul 31, 2012, 10:39 PM
Malaysia, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur
Joined Jun 2012
285 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon.M.Barter View Post
i definitely am! how much does this go for, i am guessing $500?
not that ex..you can check www.brickset.com. in my country is around USD120..with power functions, it will be more ex..
leonggyooi is offline Find More Posts by leonggyooi
Old Jul 31, 2012, 11:02 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
1,090 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonggyooi View Post
not that ex..you can check www.brickset.com. in my country is around USD120..with power functions, it will be more ex..
Eh, double that amount and give me a 130 X that REALLY flies.
sertav is offline Find More Posts by sertav
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Aug 01, 2012, 07:07 AM
United States, MN, Otsego
Joined Dec 2010
382 Posts
Well, last night I took my GCP out for her maiden, maiden crash that is . It was not pretty. I thought that I had checked things over and everything looked ok. Swash a little off being level but eyeballing it I thought maybe it was just me. At first it wouldn't lift off the ground and when it did it jumped up, forward and left very fast! Like a fool, thinking it was something I did wrong, I tried again, actually twice more! Upon further inspection the elevator servo link had popped beyond the ball and was resting around the small shaft closer to the swash. Unsure if I missed it and it was that way to start or if it got that way after the minor crash. I put the link back on properly but it still insisted on going fast forward and left. One of the blades is looser in the grip than the other so I will tighten that up as well. I did not check the programming in the DEVO 7 either, need to do that as well. I read this entire thread from start to finish so I feel well prepared at least for digging in and getting this bird to fly.

Time to sit down this morning, level the swash, check it over much better and perhaps this afternoon I will try again. I knew better than to expect RTF to actually be Ready To Fly... Oh well, part of this wonderful hobby of ours

Jim
jcmors is offline Find More Posts by jcmors
Old Aug 01, 2012, 07:27 AM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
2,722 Posts
A checklist of what to do before first flight would be very appreciated.

Ps Jcmors, -> http://benmlee.com/Genius_Servo_Saver.htm. You should really do the servo saver mod before flying.
Xermalk is online now Find More Posts by Xermalk
Old Aug 01, 2012, 10:50 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
6,912 Posts
I bought a XH 100 and its for later. I do like the feel of Devo 7 radio. Blade makes a good product but prices are way to hi for me. I might but Walkrea V200D01 in near future as not ready for 6 ch. and now it. Walk before you run is motto for me. Good flying and keep your birds out of trees..ha..ha
dankar04 is online now Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Aug 01, 2012, 01:17 PM
United States, MN, Otsego
Joined Dec 2010
382 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xermalk View Post
A checklist of what to do before first flight would be very appreciated.

Ps Jcmors, -> http://benmlee.com/Genius_Servo_Saver.htm. You should really do the servo saver mod before flying.
Thanks for that link. Since I will likely be removing the servo arms to level the swash and get them at 90 degrees at mid stick/ 0 pitch I may just as well do that at the same time.
jcmors is offline Find More Posts by jcmors