HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 18, 2011, 04:56 AM
Italy
Joined Sep 2007
223 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29 View Post
What other lipos would be a good candidate for this ?

Any hyperions that would fit well?
240.perhaps?
I suggest zippy 400mah from HobbyKing, they are a perfect fit and double the time.
dado099 is offline Find More Posts by dado099
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 18, 2011, 05:09 AM
Italy
Joined Sep 2007
223 Posts
Does anybody succeded in setting fixed ID with 2801pro ?
On the manual they say it works with the Devo 6, why not with 2801 ?
Old Sep 18, 2011, 06:15 AM
Before Oblivion
United Kingdom, England, Kingswinford
Joined Oct 2004
175 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dado099 View Post
I suggest zippy 400mah from HobbyKing, they are a perfect fit and double the time.
Do you need to change connector if so to what type?
olof is offline Find More Posts by olof
Old Sep 18, 2011, 06:54 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,136 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliFlyer711 View Post

Ideally, all the genious heli's different config's should be thouroughly tested and reviewed before going up for sale. That would be the honorable way to do a review for a store. Not sell first - review later
Seriously, is this even remotely possible for most vendors, who are mainly mom and pop shops. Just who is going to pay for all the samples? Walkera certainly won't, Eflight, Nine Eagles and Align probably won't either. The MCPx was supposedly well tested before it was released but the blade grips failure still occurred, which I consider to be the most serious issue ever encountered in the micro market.

Concerning this thread, I think the influence of DK has been grossly exaggerated. He has not released a single video and has not made much comment. It is the first Chinese video and those by AliShanMao that has been most influential so far.

I have also noticed that DK has been much more restrained when he reviewed Walkera products. For example, he gave a pretty bad review for the V100D03BL. But feedback by subsequent buyers were much more positive on this heli. Again he was very measured with the V100D08 that again has a lot of positive feedback from users.

Therefore I really do take issue with your view that nothing much seems to have changed since last year. DK's association with WOW and Walkera is well known and he never tried to hide it. I would be much more worried about those do not declare their connections. As for IceBlade's diatribe, it was mainly against Walkera and DK was picked upon just because he was visible in this thread.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Sep 18, 2011, 06:56 AM
Things that do fly
In my house ;-) The uk
Joined Dec 2008
2,708 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by milmarc View Post
Had it 3 days now,20 flights

5 blade strikes on carpet

2 good collisions with a woody shrub

1 indoor smack at speed into wall then fell tail first onto floor from 6 feet

1 chicken dance after collision with cat(cats fine)

Damage to heli so far = Nothing

For me it's the best out of the box Walkera I've flown(Cb100,v1201,v1202,4g6,4g6s,4#6BH,v1001)smoot h and precise,just wish I had the flying skills to match.

OT,the Rugby world cup is on in NZ ATM,the US beat Russia the other day and Ireland beat the Aussies(huge upset) last night in pool play.
Cool as!,,,,this is the reason i dont do 3D with my 450,,,1 simple mistake and its broken,,thay are sooooo fragile because of the weight,touch the blades on something and they are done,mess up just hovering inverted at 5 feet and its blades,feathering shaft,main shaft,main gear,,not a care free fun toy,,,,my solo pro micro weighs like 27 grams and in 6 monthes i have only broken one part that i modded with cf rod and thats it,,,,i have bounced it off the walls in the house soooo many times its unreall,,light and plastic just like this new genius ,,there is no weight behind the crash,even at speed there isnt much impact as there is no weight so very little dammage,,this is the 3D toy i have always wanted,light,tougher than a normal heli and small enough to fly in a small area,,,dont know or care if its better than the mcpx or any other heli,,there has been a huge step forward in thinking at the design stage of helis the last year and its awsome,,,think back a few years ago to a micro and they were very hard to fly indoors,gyros were junk and were all fp with head parts that would bend or break if you picked it up too rough in your hands,,,,in one more year they will be even better,,,this is an amazing time to get into the hobby,,,,life is good
Magic k2 is offline Find More Posts by Magic k2
Old Sep 18, 2011, 07:08 AM
Joined Mar 2010
497 Posts
Who is going to sell parts? All these walkera helis and the last 2 i bought cannot get parts v100d08 and v100d06 there is a number of different parts and only a few the same
helicraze is offline Find More Posts by helicraze
Old Sep 18, 2011, 07:16 AM
Joined Mar 2010
497 Posts
Does the touchscreen devo 6 have expo etc?
helicraze is offline Find More Posts by helicraze
Old Sep 18, 2011, 08:32 AM
Micro Helicopter Electrician
Central California Coast
Joined May 2008
2,664 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjetski View Post
Iam really starting to enjoy this heli more and more now.
Warning*** Don't fly as the sun is going down because the heli is a little too dark to do this safely. I almost hit my own head as I was flying it towards myself and miss judged the speed
Hi Jason,

Glad to hear the Genius is so much fun in the wind...can't wait mine should be here this week.

You need to replenish your supply of CA so you can install my lights...it's fun flying in the dark.

Regards,
John
1Hammer is offline Find More Posts by 1Hammer
Old Sep 18, 2011, 08:47 AM
ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıbǝɹ
United States, FL, Lutz
Joined Sep 2011
224 Posts
I'm not even bothering with the 6-axis mode. Now that I have my pitch curve dialed in, it's plenty stable in the air in the 3-axis mode. The only place where I noticed the 6-axis mode offering any real advantage was during take-off. With the 6-axis mode, I could just lift straight up with little to no cyclic; in 3-axis, I obviously need to ride the cyclic. It does tend to get out of my control more quickly in the 3-axis mode, but reducing the rates helps with that.

This thing is so quick and responsive that it makes my V120 feel sluggish in comparison. The v100 still feels like an angry drunken hornet, tho.
ScottAllyn is offline Find More Posts by ScottAllyn
Old Sep 18, 2011, 09:00 AM
UK
Joined Jul 2007
2,678 Posts
Quote:
Does anybody succeded in setting fixed ID with 2801pro ?
On the manual they say it works with the Devo 6, why not with 2801 ?
The id fixing was a bolt on with the 2801 E and Pro - not in the original 2801 - it was a pain you had to set the id twice and only worked with the larger Rx's where you could use a bind plug in the battery channel to remove it.

Devo is a whole new system where fixed ID option hase been built in from the start.

Regards David
Hellraser is offline Find More Posts by Hellraser
Old Sep 18, 2011, 09:03 AM
Things that do fly
In my house ;-) The uk
Joined Dec 2008
2,708 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottAllyn View Post
I'm not even bothering with the 6-axis mode. Now that I have my pitch curve dialed in, it's plenty stable in the air in the 3-axis mode. The only place where I noticed the 6-axis mode offering any real advantage was during take-off. With the 6-axis mode, I could just lift straight up with little to no cyclic; in 3-axis, I obviously need to ride the cyclic. It does tend to get out of my control more quickly in the 3-axis mode, but reducing the rates helps with that.

This thing is so quick and responsive that it makes my V120 feel sluggish in comparison. The v100 still feels like an angry drunken hornet, tho.
I think in a few weeks when we have all got our genius set up to our tastes for different styles we should print our setups here so we can try different setups very quickly,might find one that feels better than your own,especially when it comes to extreeme setups for 3D or sedate setups for indoor flying,be nice to see other peoples take on the way pitch curves should pan out.
Magic k2 is offline Find More Posts by Magic k2
Old Sep 18, 2011, 09:05 AM
Arivaca,Arizona
Joined May 2008
7,715 Posts
I'm scratching my pennies together for this heli. I'm liking the reports so far.
Wish I had a few extra bob to contribute toward Tom's test model, we're embarrassingly broke with home renovations [more like making the place functional]
I'm looking forward to his review of this model....looks like a winner...so far.

regards,
Bill
Air Vaca is offline Find More Posts by Air Vaca
Old Sep 18, 2011, 09:06 AM
Italy
Joined Sep 2007
223 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellraser View Post
The id fixing was a bolt on with the 2801 E and Pro - not in the original 2801 - it was a pain you had to set the id twice and only worked with the larger Rx's where you could use a bind plug in the battery channel to remove it.

Devo is a whole new system where fixed ID option hase been built in from the start.

Regards David
Thanks David, but I am wondering what is the binding plug included for ???
Old Sep 18, 2011, 09:08 AM
Italy
Joined Sep 2007
223 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by olof View Post
Do you need to change connector if so to what type?
zippy battery comes without connector, so you have to take it off from old dead batt. or
get a bunch from ebay for little $$$
Old Sep 18, 2011, 09:16 AM
UK
Joined Jul 2007
2,678 Posts
Quote:
Thanks David, but I am wondering what is the binding plug included for ???
Shush don't tell everybody you got a binding plug or they will all want one

Regards David
Hellraser is offline Find More Posts by Hellraser