SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 17, 2011, 11:57 PM
Joined Aug 2009
5,076 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellraser View Post
Yes you are right all feces stink - now what exactly smells about what I said ...
Peace HR!

You've probably read enough of my posts by now to know that if I had a "bone" to pick with you, I would!!!

What might not be apparent is I don't like fighting.

I recently learned that it is more productive trying to make things better.

Example my post to Ice:

Quote:
Originally Posted by i812 View Post
Do you have anything better to offer? If so, where's your "This is better than junk" video?

BTW, I'm seriously anxiously waiting for dkfuji's "This is how tight she can flip and roll" video.
I already had respect for dkfuji, but he earned more from me, when I saw the unspiteful post he made.

I've learned from my mistakes, that people make mistakes only because they are misguided. We learn a lot from others, that is why we need to lead by example.

If Ice see's others exagerate, why can't he? Why does his smell worse?

IMO, if we want to teach Ice to clean his "act", then we should start by leading the way.

one more time:

Hate is not conquered by hate,
hate is conquered by love.
- the Dhammapada
i812 is offline Find More Posts by i812
Last edited by i812; Sep 18, 2011 at 01:10 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 18, 2011, 12:06 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,760 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_marty View Post
maybe the drift could be rectified by binding it differently? try binding it with the 6 axis on....if that don't work try binding it in 3 axis mode then switch to 6 axis....if all else fails bind it with something under the rear left skid to slightly tile it forwards to the right and maybe the gyros will then level out the swash once binded....
Put something under the rear left skids and it will make it worse, not better. Think about it... You'd want something under the front right skid for the gyro to compensate that way.
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 18, 2011, 12:06 AM
Joined Aug 2009
5,076 Posts
Quote:
Yes I would love to see a fully open policy where everybody disclosed all links to the industry - that includes all LHS ownership's, association's and affiliations - then lets see just what would happen.

Regards David
I think unless a person can "walk on water", they ARE going to be influenced when someone "massages" them.

Humans are humans. I scratch your back, you scratch my back - I'm sure that "deal" has been made since before recorded history.

Why do monkeys do it? I read recent scientific research has revealed that the monkey that scratches the most monkeys gets the most nooky.

I expect it: reward the good, punish the bad.

I also know people have to eat, and believe employers should be able to hire whoever they want.

I believe that in a perfect world, no one is hiding.

I'm not perfect, but I try to live my life so I don't have to lie afterwards.
Last edited by i812; Sep 18, 2011 at 12:39 AM.
Old Sep 18, 2011, 12:28 AM
Joined Sep 2011
106 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
Put something under the rear left skids and it will make it worse, not better. Think about it... You'd want something under the front right skid for the gyro to compensate that way.
Sorry for being a noob, but when you put something under the skid when binding to fool the gyro, wouldnt that compensate during take off making it go that way while spooling up?

Sorry I havent mastered the "just pop it off the ground" thing yet.
scar308 is online now Find More Posts by scar308
Old Sep 18, 2011, 12:36 AM
<Marty>
United States, KY, Springfield
Joined Jul 2011
1,931 Posts
guess i will know later this week cause i have one for the 2801 that will hopefully be in before the end of the week.....
magic_marty is online now Find More Posts by magic_marty
Old Sep 18, 2011, 12:38 AM
Joined Aug 2009
5,076 Posts
I'm sorry guys (especially the ones that don't want to see Off Topic Drama).

I think if we want to continue the "moral" discussion, then it's pass time to start a new thread.

You'll probably need to find a new preacher/devil's advocate, cause I don't do miracles. In my "church" people heal themselves. All I do is try to pull their head out of their "cloud" so they can see without biass.
Old Sep 18, 2011, 12:43 AM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,033 Posts
yes - please get back to the heli in question\

we'd all appreciate it
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Sep 18, 2011, 12:52 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,760 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scar308 View Post
Sorry for being a noob, but when you put something under the skid when binding to fool the gyro, wouldnt that compensate during take off making it go that way while spooling up?

Sorry I havent mastered the "just pop it off the ground" thing yet.
My understanding is the when using the 6 axis gyro, the heli has a tendency to go left and backward. So to counter that, you'd want to fool the gyro the other way around.

Let's just look at forward backward to simplify this. Let's say the heli has a tendency to go back ward, if you lift up the back when binding... Once the heli is straight, the gyro will.... Oh... wait a minute... Hmmm. I'm wrong. Magic marty got it right... It's me who is confused.

Sorry... Carry on and nevermind me.
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 18, 2011, 01:14 AM
Joined Sep 2011
106 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
My understanding is the when using the 6 axis gyro, the heli has a tendency to go left and backward. So to counter that, you'd want to fool the gyro the other way around.

Let's just look at forward backward to simplify this. Let's say the heli has a tendency to go back ward, if you lift up the back when binding... Once the heli is straight, the gyro will.... Oh... wait a minute... Hmmm. I'm wrong. Magic marty got it right... It's me who is confused.

Sorry... Carry on and nevermind me.
Thanks for explaining. Dang i ve got lots to learn!
scar308 is online now Find More Posts by scar308
Old Sep 18, 2011, 01:37 AM
United States, CT, Berlin
Joined Jun 2011
238 Posts
ok,
was just looking at some pictures of the genius top down on the helipal ste. Real low tech upgrade hit me, probably a reason why this would not work, but just a thought to throw this out there. The mcpx motor is bigger, why not fit it here, seems like there is a bunch of room. . That or even the v100d08 motor? Then the tail could either be extended or maybe changed out for something bigger like the d08 or similair, any reason why this would not work?
thought maybe until dk can get a brushless upgrade going for the 2801 tx, this or something along these lines, might be a relatively cheap and easy power upgrade.
helimaniac8 is offline Find More Posts by helimaniac8
Old Sep 18, 2011, 01:41 AM
United States, CT, Berlin
Joined Jun 2011
238 Posts
Is there anyone currently offering parts for thegenius, even a china supplier? I thought I heard tere was someone that did have spares.
helimaniac8 is offline Find More Posts by helimaniac8
Old Sep 18, 2011, 02:00 AM
Micro-Heli-Concepts
Australia, NSW, Blacktown
Joined Dec 2006
4,984 Posts
Hi Guys,
This might be a great heli to get people's pulse's going.
Normally,I don't like to fly in any sort of wind because my front yard is a bit small.
But,Today the wind is not really bad,but enough to stop me from flying my other helis. It is moving the leaves on the palm trees across the road. (The official meassurment) and my hair is blowing into my eyes too.
But anyhoo, Because this heli is a micro-plow I decided to fly in the wind anyway.
Hovering was a little scary just like all the other helis,but once I stared to fly around and do some fast figure eights (My limit) I realised that the wind virtually had no effect on this heli like some of the other helis.
Maybe the fear of $$$ had gone and reflected in my flying,but either way,I am a happy chap.
Just thought I would share that little experience.
Regards Jason
jasonjetski is offline Find More Posts by jasonjetski
Old Sep 18, 2011, 03:19 AM
UK
Joined Jul 2007
2,678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by i812 View Post
Peace HR!

You've probably read enough of my posts by now to know that if I had a "bone" to pick with you, I would!!!

What might not be apparent is I don't like fighting.

I recently learned that it is more productive trying to make things better.

Example my post to Ice:

I already had respect for dkfuji, but he earned more from me, when I saw the unspiteful post he made.

I've learned from my mistakes, that people make mistakes only because they are misguided. We learn a lot from others, that is why we need to lead by example.

If Ice see's others exagerate, why can't he? Why does his smell worse?

IMO, if we want to teach Ice to clean his "act", then we should start by leading the way.

one more time:

Hate is not conquered by hate,
hate is conquered by love.
- the Dhammapada
Fair Comment my friend Pax - I do have a sharp tong - and it does annoy when someone comes onto the threads with the sole objective of causing trouble - back to topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjetski
Hi Guys,
This might be a great heli to get people's pulse's going.
Normally,I don't like to fly in any sort of wind because my front yard is a bit small.
But,Today the wind is not really bad,but enough to stop me from flying my other helis. It is moving the leaves on the palm trees across the road. (The official meassurment) and my hair is blowing into my eyes too.
But anyhoo, Because this heli is a micro-plow I decided to fly in the wind anyway.
Hovering was a little scary just like all the other helis,but once I stared to fly around and do some fast figure eights (My limit) I realised that the wind virtually had no effect on this heli like some of the other helis.
Maybe the fear of $$$ had gone and reflected in my flying,but either way,I am a happy chap.
Just thought I would share that little experience.
Regards Jason

Thats Great Jason - nice to know this little chap will handle a little wind

Regards David
Hellraser is offline Find More Posts by Hellraser
Last edited by Hellraser; Sep 18, 2011 at 03:49 AM.
Old Sep 18, 2011, 04:35 AM
Micro-Heli-Concepts
Australia, NSW, Blacktown
Joined Dec 2006
4,984 Posts
Quote:
Fair Comment my friend Pax - I do have a sharp tong - and it does annoy when someone comes onto the threads with the sole objective of causing trouble - back to topic

Thats Great Jason - nice to know this little chap will handle a little wind

Regards David
Iam really starting to enjoy this heli more and more now.
Warning*** Don't fly as the sun is going down because the heli is a little too dark to do this safely. I almost hit my own head as I was flying it towards myself and miss judged the speed
jasonjetski is offline Find More Posts by jasonjetski
Old Sep 18, 2011, 04:36 AM
Wellington New Zealand
Joined Feb 2010
119 Posts
Had it 3 days now,20 flights

5 blade strikes on carpet

2 good collisions with a woody shrub

1 indoor smack at speed into wall then fell tail first onto floor from 6 feet

1 chicken dance after collision with cat(cats fine)

Damage to heli so far = Nothing

For me it's the best out of the box Walkera I've flown(Cb100,v1201,v1202,4g6,4g6s,4#6BH,v1001)smoot h and precise,just wish I had the flying skills to match.

OT,the Rugby world cup is on in NZ ATM,the US beat Russia the other day and Ireland beat the Aussies(huge upset) last night in pool play.
milmarc is offline Find More Posts by milmarc