SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 26, 2012, 10:00 PM
Joined Oct 2010
229 Posts
Quote:
I fly on stock 200mah batteries with micro-deans and get about 4 min.
Interesting that you can get that much time on stock batteries...it could be that the connectors are a bigger factor then the batts. Back when I was flying stock batts and Walkera connectors (and getting horrible flight times), I checked the battery voltage after several flights and they still had a fairly good charge left - apparently the power just wasn't getting to the motor. So it could be that my improved flight times were due more to upgrading to MicroDeans and less to the batteries.
Mickmeister is offline Find More Posts by Mickmeister
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 26, 2012, 10:01 PM
Joined Feb 2012
96 Posts
Yes. I will check the power wires. Thank you all. Will report back when done.
Aviator168 is offline Find More Posts by Aviator168
Old Apr 27, 2012, 05:39 AM
United States, TN, Memphis
Joined Dec 2011
866 Posts
To those with the Xtreme metal swash: Would you recommend it? I have some play in my stock plastic swash but don't want to get the Xtreme if it has a lot of play as well.
itsmillertime is online now Find More Posts by itsmillertime
Old Apr 27, 2012, 11:32 AM
Joined Jan 2012
16 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmillertime View Post
To those with the Xtreme metal swash: Would you recommend it? I have some play in my stock plastic swash but don't want to get the Xtreme if it has a lot of play as well.
if you are referring to the one that can be used on both the genius and the mini, I wouldn't recommend it, personally. The balls are a different size (larger enough so to be a problem) than those on the factory swash and mine (on my mini) fell into two pieces during the first flight, causing a power-wire shearing, coil-destroying crash.
djjd42 is offline Find More Posts by djjd42
Old Apr 27, 2012, 01:18 PM
<Marty>
United States, KY, Springfield
Joined Jul 2011
2,071 Posts
the extreme products are not as good as they appear ...i have some on a different Heli and i have to say most of them i am not impressed with...the swash on it has more play then the stock Walkera swash ...yes they do look nice but looks aren't as important as performance in my opinion...
magic_marty is offline Find More Posts by magic_marty
Old Apr 27, 2012, 02:02 PM
Micro Helicopter Electrician
Central California Coast
Joined May 2008
2,669 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_marty View Post
the extreme products are not as good as they appear ...i have some on a different Heli and i have to say most of them i am not impressed with...the swash on it has more play then the stock Walkera swash ...yes they do look nice but looks aren't as important as performance in my opinion...
+1...in my experience the Extreme stuff looks very nice but their quality control is lacking. As Marty says performance outweighs bling IMO.

Regards,
John
1Hammer is offline Find More Posts by 1Hammer
Old Apr 27, 2012, 11:39 PM
United States, TN, Memphis
Joined Dec 2011
866 Posts
Ok, thanks for the replies. Guess I'll get a new stock one. Are the still making the Microheli one?
itsmillertime is online now Find More Posts by itsmillertime
Old Apr 29, 2012, 06:05 AM
United Kingdom, Hastings
Joined Jan 2012
37 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickmeister View Post
Interesting that you can get that much time on stock batteries...it could be that the connectors are a bigger factor then the batts. Back when I was flying stock batts and Walkera connectors (and getting horrible flight times), I checked the battery voltage after several flights and they still had a fairly good charge left - apparently the power just wasn't getting to the motor. So it could be that my improved flight times were due more to upgrading to MicroDeans and less to the batteries.
If you only get 4 mins with stock batteries and Deans I would suggest that's a little low going by my experience. I get 6 mins with stock motor and new stock batteries fitted with micro deans. That increases to 7.35 using Hyperion 240.s.
When I use the C05 brushless motor my times drop to 4.30 mins . I'm an experienced flyer but dont do 3d so get no benefit from going brushless with this heli, although the stock wears out after 50 to 100 flights. If your Genius only flies for a minute or so when it previously was fine the most likely cause is the stock motor, bad wiring is likely to affect the performance fom the beginning of the flight not after a minute. If the main motor is very hot after one minute that will be where the problem is.

My Genius only flew for one minute fresh out of the box. The problem was simply that it had been sent to me with a bad mechanical setup which had too low pitch values. At mid stick it had a lot of negative pitch.so I just set it up like you would any heli with 0 pitch at mid stick and servo horns at 90 degrees.
The stock motor gives the best duration when you let it spin and I.ve found the best throttle curve to be 100 100 80 100 100, this will give me the above flight times, even more when the motors have been replaced.
Alphonso is offline Find More Posts by Alphonso
Old Apr 30, 2012, 03:12 PM
Czech Republic, Prague
Joined Mar 2012
27 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmillertime View Post
Ok, thanks for the replies. Guess I'll get a new stock one. Are the still making the Microheli one?
Yes, they are. It will be available in May (I wrote to them a few days ago).
But I don't know if Microheli swashplate is better than Xtreme swashplate.
HeHenri is offline Find More Posts by HeHenri
Old May 02, 2012, 12:21 PM
9958 gave me the toilet bowl
United States, IL, Rockford
Joined Jan 2012
1,257 Posts
The cheapest price on the Mini CP is $230.43 with shipping at eskyhelicopter.com
The cheapest price on the Genius CP is $173.92 with shipping at xheli.com
A discount coupon of 5% will knock the price down to $165.97 with shipping

For those who have both, which one would you get?

I'm new to the 6 channel heli and I'm leaning towards a Mini CP. I'm interested in stability and durability.
Proud Infidel is offline Find More Posts by Proud Infidel
Last edited by Proud Infidel; May 02, 2012 at 12:32 PM.
Old May 02, 2012, 03:02 PM
Mini CP - Nano CPX - Devo 6
United States, CA, Laguna Niguel
Joined Nov 2010
205 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud Infidel View Post
The cheapest price on the Mini CP is $230.43 with shipping at eskyhelicopter.com
The cheapest price on the Genius CP is $173.92 with shipping at xheli.com
A discount coupon of 5% will knock the price down to $165.97 with shipping

For those who have both, which one would you get?

I'm new to the 6 channel heli and I'm leaning towards a Mini CP. I'm interested in stability and durability.
I have both, and I like the Mini CP significantly better. It's more stable, while my Genius rolls all over the place.
Couchking is offline Find More Posts by Couchking
Old May 05, 2012, 07:00 PM
9958 gave me the toilet bowl
United States, IL, Rockford
Joined Jan 2012
1,257 Posts
I ordered a Genius CP (Devo 7) dirt cheap at 165.97 from xheli.com. It'll be in by Wednesday. So, I'm shopping around for who has the cheapest parts prices.

hobbyone.com.hk has the cheapest parts prices. Anyone ordered from them?
helipal.com is a good source.
clubheli.com and helircstore.com are US-based stores.
Proud Infidel is offline Find More Posts by Proud Infidel
Old May 05, 2012, 07:13 PM
Better then Sliced Bread!
United States, CA, Arcata
Joined Oct 2011
2,650 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud Infidel View Post
I ordered a Genius CP (Devo 7) dirt cheap at 165.97 from xheli.com. It'll be in by Wednesday. So, I'm shopping around for who has the cheapest parts prices.

hobbyone.com.hk has the cheapest parts prices. Anyone ordered from them?
helipal.com is a good source.
clubheli.com and helircstore.com are US-based stores.
I usually get parts either from:
http://www.wowhobbies.com/ (USA)
http://www.hobby-wing.com/ (China, though cheaper)
NorCalMatCat is offline Find More Posts by NorCalMatCat
Old May 05, 2012, 08:16 PM
Closed Account
Joined Nov 2011
1,246 Posts
I just bought the BNF WK-Series RX Genius CP from HeliPal, 'cause I'm gonna use the Genius as a trainer before tackling my Walkera 4F200LM, and I need to learn the WK-2603 transmitter that came with it, so is there any parts that are regularly busted during crashes?

I'm aware of the servo gears stripping out, and I'm deciding whether to buy the gears separate or just buy some whole spare replacement servo's. I ordered a couple of extra Walkera Ladybird 3.7vdc 240mAh LiPo's, spare main gears and V2 canopy. I was thinking of getting the brushless upgrade kit, but thought that might be a bit pre-mature. The BNF version is coming with a spare set of main and tail blades

Is there anything else I should get?
stormforce is offline Find More Posts by stormforce
Old May 06, 2012, 12:43 AM
V120D02S, GCP
United States, CA, Pasadena
Joined Feb 2012
142 Posts
Take a hot glue gun to the struts especially where they tie to the frame and tray. Thatll be the first thing to go besides blades that you already have spares of. The 240ah batteries are great. If you are new to the devo7, I have a better manual at my website www.larsdennert.com you'll go a while before needing servos.

Honestly if I did it again, I'd just buy a second bnf GCP. Would have been cheaper than all the parts and I would have had more stuff.
LarsDennert is offline Find More Posts by LarsDennert
Last edited by LarsDennert; May 06, 2012 at 12:53 AM.