Old Sep 17, 2011, 06:44 PM
UK
Joined Jul 2007
2,678 Posts
indestructibly - definition : Cannot be destroyed - no such thing

will it be a lot tougher to destroy - than previous models of its type probably

will some say its tougher than the Mcpx - definitely

will some say the MCPx is tougher - definitely

will some say we are all talking rubbish and the new solo pro 100D is tougher than MCP X and Genius

and so the dance goes on

Regards David
Hellraser is offline Find More Posts by Hellraser
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 17, 2011, 07:02 PM
Micro-Heli-Concepts
Australia, NSW, Blacktown
Joined Dec 2006
4,983 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helimaniac8 View Post
Guys,
Let's not forget a few things....
It's only a helicopter
No one making a living in the industry is doing anything but trying to feed there families and make money I a competitive environment.......exactly as it should be.
Anything done in this hobby that falls within the bounds of conventional conduct that we accept as being ethical in other industries should be any different here. Another words i certainly wouldn't slam the Toyota pickup salesman if while test driving it, he hits the throttle, we go over a big bump, he sais "ya man, Toyota trucks are industructable!"
Now I understand that conventional communication, especially taken from someone referring to something that they sell, are prone to using extremes to convey a trait as being exceptional in relationship to similar products.
So when the Toyota salesman hits a bump hard and it doesn't unsettle the car and he refers to it as "indestructible". I don't need a disclaimer or disclosure form to know that he means.....very rubes in relationship to other similar products!!!!!
I also will not stare in amazement, look stunned and hurt, nor be angry and deceived, when the "indestructible truck, after being hit by a train, is in fact destroyed.
Why is this, how come I don't think the salesman was dishonest and a lyre.....
Because I am not an idiot!
This is a small high stress flying machine with lots of small parts.... Shhhhhh, don't tell anyone....but i never thought it could not brake. Even during normal, but extreme operation.
COME ON! Let's give it a brake, did anyone really think that walkera somehow defied the laws of physics here!
No , the title means to me. "this thing is small, and compared to other rc helicopters, more durable". Because I our world........that's exactly what was meant..,.period
Also, just because someone with a financial interest started the thread, is I no way unethical, and in no way means that that person was an employee of walkera. So let's remember the standards that are reasonable to uphold people in this industry to are the same as any other commercial industry,the people making there living doing this are not teachers, priests, rabbis, or unisef volunteers, so why do we assume some moral code of conduct that only allies to saints and marters

Iam not too sure if Toyota advertises the Hilux in other countries,But Toyota Hilux actually does use the words "Unbreakable Hilux" all over the TV and everywhere else. http://www.toyota.com.au/hilux/features.
It is a tall order,but lucky Toyotas are pretty good
Regards Jason
jasonjetski is offline Find More Posts by jasonjetski
Old Sep 17, 2011, 07:03 PM
United States, CT, Berlin
Joined Jun 2011
238 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellraser View Post

will some say we are all talking rubbish and the new solo pro 100D is tougher than MCP X and Genius

and so the dance goes on

Regards David
And will I consider any of them to be immoral or unethical
No
Is anyone saying what there opinion based on there experience misleading anyone purposely?
No
Should we be offended and surprised if someone above is probably biased?
No
Do we think that everything we read is to be taken LITERALLY ?
No
When the guy on tv sais "this spagetti sauce I just opened up a jar and heated up tastes as good as the one my 80 year old granma makes that takes 2 days" do we really think it does?
No

Lol
Right with ya hellraser
Let's all not take a great hobby that gives us all a lot of enjoyment, wayyyyy to serious! Let's just have fun and enjoy,
We are not talking about medical implants or something that we reasonably should expect some higher ethical consideration,
Somewhere in china some guy is scratching his head reading this thinking " I was only trying to tell them about a new helicopter I'm selling that is supposed to be good". Don't these people know these are toys?
helimaniac8 is offline Find More Posts by helimaniac8
Old Sep 17, 2011, 07:11 PM
Arivaca,Arizona
Joined May 2008
7,715 Posts
+1!!!!!!! even the most expensive ones are still just toys.
My trade is pinsetter technician [bowling alley machines]...and you wold be amazed at how upset some of the bowlers get over silly things....I'm forever reminding them that it's just a stupid game! This is not life or death hanging on the outcome.
Air Vaca is offline Find More Posts by Air Vaca
Old Sep 17, 2011, 07:14 PM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
4,730 Posts
Quote:
...just because someone with a financial interest started the thread, is I no way unethical, and in no way means that that person was an employee of walkera. So let's remember the standards that are reasonable to uphold people in this industry to are the same as any other commercial industry,the people making there living doing this are not teachers, priests, rabbis, or unisef volunteers...
The only thing I would ask is if someone posting here is being compensated, that they plainly say so -- either in the body of the message itself, or a sig file, or at the very least as part of their profile.

I mean c'mon, that is not asking too much.
tracknoob is offline Find More Posts by tracknoob
Old Sep 17, 2011, 07:31 PM
UK
Joined Jul 2007
2,678 Posts
Quote:
And will I consider any of them to be immoral or unethical
No
Is anyone saying what there opinion based on there experience misleading anyone purposely?
No
Should we be offended and surprised if someone above is probably biased?
No
Do we think that everything we read is to be taken LITERALLY ?
No
When the guy on tv sais "this spagetti sauce I just opened up a jar and heated up tastes as good as the one my 80 year old granma makes that takes 2 days" do we really think it does?
No

Lol
Right with ya hellraser
Let's all not take a great hobby that gives us all a lot of enjoyment, wayyyyy to serious! Let's just have fun and enjoy,
We are not talking about medical implants or something that we reasonably should expect some higher ethical consideration,
Somewhere in china some guy is scratching his head reading this thinking " I was only trying to tell them about a new helicopter I'm selling that is supposed to be good". Don't these people know these are toys?
Do people know these are just toys LOL apparently not - but coming from the pharmaceutical industry - you still see the same petty bickering - where ever you have two or more companies coming out with cutting edge products - you will always have some making arguments for or against - and often pulling up suspect data to prove their case.

Regards David
Old Sep 17, 2011, 07:34 PM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,517 Posts
Quote:
Guys,
Let's not forget a few things....
It's only a helicopter
No one making a living in the industry is doing anything but trying to feed there families and make money I a competitive environment.......exactly as it should be.
Anything done in this hobby that falls within the bounds of conventional conduct that we accept as being ethical in other industries should be any different here. Another words i certainly wouldn't slam the Toyota pickup salesman if while test driving it, he hits the throttle, we go over a big bump, he sais "ya man, Toyota trucks are industructable!"
Now I understand that conventional communication, especially taken from someone referring to something that they sell, are prone to using extremes to convey a trait as being exceptional in relationship to similar products.
So when the Toyota salesman hits a bump hard and it doesn't unsettle the car and he refers to it as "indestructible". I don't need a disclaimer or disclosure form to know that he means.....very rubes in relationship to other similar products!!!!!
I also will not stare in amazement, look stunned and hurt, nor be angry and deceived, when the "indestructible truck, after being hit by a train, is in fact destroyed.
Why is this, how come I don't think the salesman was dishonest and a lyre.....
Because I am not an idiot!
This is a small high stress flying machine with lots of small parts.... Shhhhhh, don't tell anyone....but i never thought it could not brake. Even during normal, but extreme operation.
COME ON! Let's give it a brake, did anyone really think that walkera somehow defied the laws of physics here!
No , the title means to me. "this thing is small, and compared to other rc helicopters, more durable". Because I our world........that's exactly what was meant..,.period
Also, just because someone with a financial interest started the thread, is I no way unethical, and in no way means that that person was an employee of walkera. So let's remember the standards that are reasonable to uphold people in this industry to are the same as any other commercial industry,the people making there living doing this are not teachers, priests, rabbis, or unisef volunteers, so why do we assume some moral code of conduct that only allies to saints and marters
Are we talking disc or drum BRAKES here??
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Old Sep 17, 2011, 07:37 PM
Micro-Heli-Concepts
Joined Dec 2006
4,983 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracknoob View Post
The only thing I would ask is if someone posting here is being compensated, that they plainly say so -- either in the body of the message itself, or a sig file, or at the very least as part of their profile.

Good point,
I would love to make some upgrades for this and sell them to make money,but at the moment,Iam not too sure if I could improve it.
Regards Jason
Old Sep 17, 2011, 07:38 PM
Micro-Heli-Concepts
Joined Dec 2006
4,983 Posts
Has anyone bought from Hobbyone.com yet?
I want to buy a few bits such as spare motors,but I have never heard of Hobbyone. I think they are the only guys selling parts yet.
Regards Jason
Old Sep 17, 2011, 07:44 PM
Joined Sep 2011
106 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjetski View Post
Iam not too sure if Toyota advertises the Hilux in other countries,But Toyota Hilux actually does use the words "Unbreakable Hilux" all over the TV and everywhere else. http://www.toyota.com.au/hilux/features.
It is a tall order,but lucky Toyotas are pretty good
Regards Jason
Well topgear have proved it to be correct!
scar308 is offline Find More Posts by scar308
Old Sep 17, 2011, 08:15 PM
UK
Joined Jul 2007
2,678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracknoob View Post

Yes I would love to see a fully open policy where everybody disclosed all links to the industry - that includes all LHS ownership's, association's and affiliations - then lets see just what would happen.

Regards David
Old Sep 17, 2011, 10:41 PM
Joined Aug 2009
4,916 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellraser View Post

and so the dance goes on

Regards David
What is the difference between "Indestructible" and "Junk"?

Why is it OK to say the Genius is "indestructible",
but NOT OK to say the Genius is "junk"?

Because everyone knows the Genius is NOT indestructible,
but someone MIGHT believe the Genius is junk?

If we want to righteously "slam dunk" people that make erroneous posts, then shouldn't we first stop making known erroneous posts?

Shouldn't those that enforce the laws, also live within the laws?

Why is it selectively OK to turn a blind eye?

Why does Ice's feces stink, but not the others'?

I say all feces stinks!

(no matter which side of the fence it's on)
i812 is offline Find More Posts by i812
Old Sep 17, 2011, 11:22 PM
UK
Joined Jul 2007
2,678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by i812 View Post
What is the difference between "Indestructible" and "Junk"?

Why is it OK to say the Genius is "indestructible",
but NOT OK to say the Genius is "junk"?

Because everyone knows the Genius is NOT indestructible,
but someone MIGHT believe the Genius is junk?

If we want to righteously "slam dunk" people that make erroneous posts, then shouldn't we first stop making known erroneous posts?

Shouldn't those that enforce the laws, also live within the laws?

Why is it selectively OK to turn a blind eye?

Why does Ice's feces stink, but not the others'?

I say all feces stinks!

(no matter which side of the fence it's on)
I don't recall saying anything was indestructible - in fact I recall saying there is no such thing I also don't recall bitching about any particular brand of helicopters and trying to bully people into not flying them

Yes you are right all feces stink - now what exactly smells about what I said - some people may say the MCPX is tougher and some people may say the Genius is tougher - and its all a dance thats been going on in the hobby since as long as I can remember.

People buy and fly a specific heli because they like it - some people will have better luck and experience with any particular model and make than others - but in the end the truth will out companies who make a reasonable product that people like will prosper companies who don't go to the wall.

Personally I don't see any of the main players going to the wall they all have their fans and their critics, sadly some critics go into vendetta mode.

Regards David
Old Sep 17, 2011, 11:50 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,004 Posts
Walkera never made any claims that the heli was indestructible, it was the OP who did. Even in the original video, it stated 超级耐摔 "super rugged" instead of indestructible.

We don't know what if in any way the OP is connected with Walkera. Therefore as it stands, you cannot put the blame on Walkera.
zadaw is offline Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Sep 17, 2011, 11:52 PM
United States, CT, Berlin
Joined Jun 2011
238 Posts
I812,
We, or at least I can say I, took issue with the iceman, because he postulated a view that everything walkera makes is junk, and that eflite is very high quality. That anyone who flies walkera just doesn't yet know how great eflite is. He also further ranted that walkera is predatory, while eflite is a company that practices good market principles......
all of these would be fine, except his only datta was that he bought a broken heli that didnt fly, and it continued to be broken and not fly. He then purchased a new heli from another company that id fly, and it continued to fly for several more flights.
I took issue with his making a claim as someone in a position to be speaking on experience, and in reality, based on any level or criteria, had no ability to make. He specifically states that this "information to help new fliers" and in reality spreading completely unsubstantiated information specifically to those least in a position to know the ridiculous nature of the position.

Now, had he made the clame, backed up by any sort of statistical or reasonable experience and data, I would have possibly disagreed, but not attacked the validity of the statement
For instance, if the title of the thread was in fact for a walkera helicopter that was specifically not designed, nor intended to be particularly robust, durable, and actually a particularly delicate, fragile, complicated helicopter....I would take issue.
for instance, had the genius actually been a tt powered, scale bodied helicopter, with brittle plastic parts, carbon fiber three rotor head, with the head design of the 4g6, I would definitely call fowel.
What I am saying is this: Everyone is free t express their opinions. If you maliciously slander a product, and have absolutely no logic, proof, or even the ability to have come to that conclusion through personal experience, (he never ever owned a working walkera, not even an old crappy one, he purchased a non flyer, a wreck)
and profess to be giving sound advice to newcomers....expect a huge uproar
conversely if someone sais to you " that helicopter flies like a bird" don't get upset when you put a lipo in and articulated wings don't pop out the sides and start flapping

I understand you like to be a bit of a devils advocate, but tell me, you really thought that the poster meant "helicopter has been designed and manufactured that is impervious to physical damage?
I would be shocked if you are willing to admit that here in front of all of us! I think that the genius is very rugged. I think that there is an excellent chance it is the most rugged cp heli made. I also feel real certain, that if it aint.......its real close! Matter a fact, if it isnt #1, I would bet my eye teeth that it is #2.

Uh oh, listen.....I812, I dont want any trouble. My reference to betting my eye teeth is a figure of speech. I would like to make it clear, on to put foward now to all reading this., that I in no way am actually saying that should I be wrong, I will remove any teeth in my mouth. I actually want to let everyone know that even if the helicopter is terrible and more fragile than a raw egg in a blender, I do not intend to give up any teeth, or other parts of my body!......
now can you see how ridiculous it is. yes the poster may have lied if you look at the literal words, but not the intended meaning. I am sorry to be blunt, but there is an expectation of people knowing the difference between literal and figurative, and if you dont then that is not the posters problem!
helimaniac8 is offline Find More Posts by helimaniac8