HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 01, 2012, 08:31 AM
Heli Crash Survivor
United States, AR, North Little Rock
Joined Feb 2011
1,049 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apphoard View Post
Anyone know if the Mini cp tail works better than the genius tail? It has a better blade and is longer right? I thought it looked like it was longer in a pic.
The HM-Genius CP-Z-02-91: New Ugraded Tail Rotor with Increased Pitch, for Walkera Genius CP works great.
http://www.wowhobbies.com/eflh3017ta...rmcpx-1-1.aspx

The HM-Mini CP-Z-02: Tail Rotor Blade for Walkera Mini CP has a different part number don't know if they are the same are not, have never ordered one.
http://www.wowhobbies.com/hm-geniusc...rblades-1.aspx
Crash Survivor is online now Find More Posts by Crash Survivor
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 01, 2012, 10:53 AM
Joined Mar 2011
462 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash Survivor View Post
The HM-Genius CP-Z-02-91: New Ugraded Tail Rotor with Increased Pitch, for Walkera Genius CP works great.
http://www.wowhobbies.com/eflh3017ta...rmcpx-1-1.aspx

The HM-Mini CP-Z-02: Tail Rotor Blade for Walkera Mini CP has a different part number don't know if they are the same are not, have never ordered one.
http://www.wowhobbies.com/hm-geniusc...rblades-1.aspx
Thanks CS I have the high pitch blade from Wow. It is a lot better than the stock blade.

My tail turns a tiny bit ccw when I give the Heli full throttle. That is not blowout right? Blowout is when it turns clockwise?

I have been breaking so many tails about one a week. I think it would be alot cheaper to buy the CF and wire and make my own. Or quit flying and fly on the sim until I am a lot better. lol
Apphoard is offline Find More Posts by Apphoard
Old Apr 01, 2012, 11:08 AM
V120D02S, GCP
United States, CA, Pasadena
Joined Feb 2012
142 Posts
Someone verified that the rest of the tail including the boom was the same between the MCP and GCP except that the MCP boom said Mini CP. I'd guess that the rotor is the same. Has anyone flown both helis? Do they fly similar?
LarsDennert is offline Find More Posts by LarsDennert
Old Apr 01, 2012, 12:37 PM
Heli Crash Survivor
Joined Feb 2011
1,049 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apphoard View Post
Thanks CS I have the high pitch blade from Wow. It is a lot better than the stock blade.

My tail turns a tiny bit ccw when I give the Heli full throttle. That is not blowout right? Blowout is when it turns clockwise?

I have been breaking so many tails about one a week. I think it would be alot cheaper to buy the CF and wire and make my own. Or quit flying and fly on the sim until I am a lot better. lol
CCW is blowout. Reduce your pitch & throttle curve on TX will reduce blowout & maybe tame it down a bit if it's getting away from you causing crashes, you can set dual rates to like 80% & exp around +25 & also turn down your ele/aile ext pot down ccw on RX a little.
Edit: A tiny bit ccw I wouldn't worry about it. Even on my BL motors I noticed on blow out that when you get off of throttle the RX puts it back to where you started out. But still might work on taming down your Elevator & Ailiron throw down.
Last edited by Crash Survivor; Apr 01, 2012 at 01:31 PM.
Old Apr 01, 2012, 08:15 PM
Huntington Beach, CA
Joined Jan 2011
236 Posts
I was trying to troubleshoot some high frequency vibrations after a mild crash on the patio. I one by one replaced every piece of the head assembly and still had vibes that would cycle in an out at high rpms (you could see the bottom of the tail fin turn into a blur every few seconds). I finally discovered about a 2 inch longitudinal crack in the boom allowed the tail assembly to twist easier and this is what was inducing the vibrations. I swapped the tail boom with new (easy since my wires have long since been brought outside the boom) and vibes vanished. It's pretty frustrating tracking down these vibes, but sure is satisfying once you finally find the source.

Regarding tail blow out with the C05, I have always used the smaller higher pitched tail rotor from Wow and as long as there is no swash binding (important!), I don't get tail blowouts. If you bind the rotor causing sudden slowing of the rotor, there's no tail assembly that will hold since there's just too darn much torque during such events. I find the C05 to provide plenty of punch to crank through just about any stick bashing moves. I still leave the mid-point on the throttle curve at 80% or it just spins up too darn fast for my liking when the heli is floating down in neutral (pitch totally flat).
paul2pilot is offline Find More Posts by paul2pilot
Last edited by paul2pilot; Apr 01, 2012 at 08:21 PM.
Old Apr 02, 2012, 02:33 PM
Better then Sliced Bread!
United States, CA, Arcata
Joined Oct 2011
2,649 Posts
Wow, flying in the last 2 weeks bad weather (I've been flying in 10 to 20mph winds ROFL), REALLY sharpened my skills AMAZINGLY!!! I was sports flying around a little better even then I do in the SIM, and I can rip some air in the sim, and indeed I was today

Plus I think something clicked again (seems to happen a lot in heli flying and learning...), I seem to now better understand the lift aspects of things, I was noticing today that I was able to pretty easily adjust for the extra lift provided from fast forward momentum, and keep tight banked turns with very good altitude control, I guess collective management from flying in 10 to 20 winds really payed off for flying in ideal conditions!

Makes me feel that much more confident for 3D . I do notice though I still prevent myself from doing full circles however, and tend to do mostly figure 8's, last few flights I have been forcing myself to fly in full continuous circles, and I can do it well but I need to get over the nervousness factor that is there for no reason :P

The more I fly my this thing the more I love it, and the more I want something a lot bigger ROFL.
NorCalMatCat is offline Find More Posts by NorCalMatCat
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Let'sFPV UBEC 1 WEEK SALE
Old Apr 02, 2012, 07:18 PM
Joined Oct 2011
2,649 Posts
Well, I was doing a basic fast pass by, and wasn't paying attention and clipped a power line, the heli went inverted and kind of floated down to the ground. When I inspected it I noticed one swash arm had disconnected itself from the swash (no damage, popped back on), and half the head top broke off (round dome like piece at the top), though it was only cosmetic.

I went to take off and she felt like she had no power, checked the motor shifted a little tighter to the gear, so I fixed that, went to fly again and she was fine until I tried to do any kind of FFF flight, then she became like a wobbling uncontrollable mass in the air. I managed to land and tried this 2 or 3 times with the same results. Checked out the heli and 2 servo's are stripped!!! BAH
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 02, 2012, 08:51 PM
Joined Oct 2010
1,204 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalMatCat View Post
Well, I was doing a basic fast pass by, and wasn't paying attention and clipped a power line, the heli went inverted and kind of floated down to the ground. When I inspected it I noticed one swash arm had disconnected itself from the swash (no damage, popped back on), and half the head top broke off (round dome like piece at the top), though it was only cosmetic.

I went to take off and she felt like she had no power, checked the motor shifted a little tighter to the gear, so I fixed that, went to fly again and she was fine until I tried to do any kind of FFF flight, then she became like a wobbling uncontrollable mass in the air. I managed to land and tried this 2 or 3 times with the same results. Checked out the heli and 2 servo's are stripped!!! BAH
Yep, that most certainly happens. You hit something hard and those servos like to strip. That's why so many are doing the servo mods. I think the servos are the weakest like in the Genius. Also the most expensive!
pmerritt is offline Find More Posts by pmerritt
Old Apr 02, 2012, 08:57 PM
Joined Oct 2011
2,649 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmerritt View Post
Yep, that most certainly happens. You hit something hard and those servos like to strip. That's why so many are doing the servo mods. I think the servos are the weakest like in the Genius. Also the most expensive!
I can't really complain too much, these servos have worked well for well over 400 flights easily and through quite a few crashes. But they are expensive servos, and now I need to buy 2 more.
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 02, 2012, 09:29 PM
V120D02S, GCP
United States, CA, Pasadena
Joined Feb 2012
142 Posts
Just found out my front servo is going out too. I cracked the case and moved the gears but it probably wont last. Hit hard the other day in heavy wind and battery died. Had to hit th hold from altitude because it was autorotating or something wierd. Was ugly.
LarsDennert is offline Find More Posts by LarsDennert
Old Apr 04, 2012, 03:30 AM
Malaysia, Penang, Bayan Lepas
Joined Apr 2010
460 Posts
I have one question wrt to GCP: The DBL upgrade kit by Walkera. Is it good or complete crap? Does it cause GCP to break parts more often compared to stock (since DBL tail causes increase in weight)?
I'm currently torn between buying a GCP or upgrading my Trex250 to FBL... HELP ME!!!
thloh85 is offline Find More Posts by thloh85
Old Apr 04, 2012, 08:31 PM
Heli Crash Survivor
Joined Feb 2011
1,049 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thloh85 View Post
I have one question wrt to GCP: The DBL upgrade kit by Walkera. Is it good or complete crap? Does it cause GCP to break parts more often compared to stock (since DBL tail causes increase in weight)?
I'm currently torn between buying a GCP or upgrading my Trex250 to FBL... HELP ME!!!
I haven't seen any posts about the DBL upgrade being nothing but crap. A stock GCP works great & if you want to go BL keep stock tail motor & get a C05M & 8T pinion. Or even better get a V120D02S, that would size wise be closer to a 250 & FBL & already BL.
Old Apr 04, 2012, 08:59 PM
United States, KY, Louisville
Joined Aug 2010
127 Posts
I will second that Crash Survivor. If you want BL and FBL go ahead and spring for a V120D02S. It flies very much like my 450's without the expense when you crash.
winginman is offline Find More Posts by winginman
Old Apr 04, 2012, 09:05 PM
United States, MA, Springfield
Joined Dec 2010
575 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalMatCat View Post

any impact that hits the blades from the top = stripped servos.
scub is offline Find More Posts by scub
Old Apr 05, 2012, 09:29 PM
morgantown, wv
Joined Mar 2004
2,439 Posts
Hey guys, i am thinking about getting my genius back in the air but the parts i need are not in stock at wow or clubheli. Are there any other vendors that are located in the US? I really need a new frame and main gear but they are out of stock. Any help would be great.
buster7467 is offline Find More Posts by buster7467