SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 10, 2012, 09:52 PM
Better then Sliced Bread!
United States, CA, Arcata
Joined Oct 2011
2,650 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator168 View Post
Currently I am just flying hover and turning in a room (the huge Devo 8 is going to take some time to get used to). It is always winding where I live. The sound of this heli is amazing. I might have to stock up quite a few canopies. LoL.
Yeah I'm on my second canopy, it split in half first time I flew it
NorCalMatCat is offline Find More Posts by NorCalMatCat
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 11, 2012, 12:36 AM
Joined Feb 2012
96 Posts
Are there any more durable canopies from secondary market?
Aviator168 is offline Find More Posts by Aviator168
Old Mar 11, 2012, 12:37 AM
Joined Oct 2011
2,650 Posts
The one I split in half is the more durable one :P
Old Mar 11, 2012, 12:38 AM
Australia
Joined Jun 2010
1,611 Posts
I had an odd problem today where my Genius would not bind correctly in 3G mode(the pit servo went all down in its stroke), but in 6G mode the servo's bind correctly. It flew OK in 6G mode, but thats not how i want to fly?

Mick
Bravo47 is offline Find More Posts by Bravo47
Old Mar 11, 2012, 11:47 AM
Joined Mar 2011
462 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravo47 View Post
I had an odd problem today where my Genius would not bind correctly in 3G mode(the pit servo went all down in its stroke), but in 6G mode the servo's bind correctly. It flew OK in 6G mode, but thats not how i want to fly?

Mick
I think I had the same problem. Either one of my switches or gear switches were down. Or just try rebinding again.
Apphoard is offline Find More Posts by Apphoard
Old Mar 11, 2012, 11:48 AM
Joined Mar 2011
462 Posts
Setting the end points on my servos I turn the pots all the way clockwise right? Then travel adjust down until it stops binding if it is at all right?
Anyone?
Apphoard is offline Find More Posts by Apphoard
Old Mar 11, 2012, 12:43 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,868 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalMatCat View Post
Yeah I'm on my second canopy, it split in half first time I flew it
I break one canopy EVERY flight session. I tape it, tape it, tape it, and tape it again until I can't tape it anymore. Then I replace it. I'm practicing 3D and I still crash every 3-4 minutes at best.

Chris
bobepine is offline Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 11, 2012, 02:33 PM
United States, CA, Mt Shasta
Joined Jun 2010
2,767 Posts
Paper canopies, cheap, durable and customized.
Mike
shastamike is online now Find More Posts by shastamike
Old Mar 11, 2012, 02:52 PM
Joined Oct 2011
2,650 Posts
Bah, I think my main motor is going already, only got maybe 40 to 60 flights on it!
Old Mar 11, 2012, 05:24 PM
Huntington Beach, CA
Joined Jan 2011
236 Posts
My first motor only lasted about 1 week (was getting weak and quite hot), but I was crashing at least once per battery and many times with motor still under load, so it would squeal. I'm on the 3rd week of daily flying with the 2nd motor and my crash rate is 10 times less and rarely with the motor still under load. I can't remember the last squeal I've heard. So, I suspect motor longevity has a LOT to due with number and duration of crashes or "stops" while the motor is under load. I also let it cool for about 1.5 to 2 minutes between flights.
paul2pilot is offline Find More Posts by paul2pilot
Old Mar 11, 2012, 05:31 PM
Joined Oct 2011
2,650 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul2pilot View Post
My first motor only lasted about 1 week (was getting weak and quite hot), but I was crashing at least once per battery and many times with motor still under load, so it would squeal. I'm on the 3rd week of daily flying with the 2nd motor and my crash rate is 10 times less and rarely with the motor still under load. I can't remember the last squeal I've heard. So, I suspect motor longevity has a LOT to due with number and duration of crashes or "stops" while the motor is under load. I also let it cool for about 1.5 to 2 minutes between flights.
Very little crashing with this motor, however I have done a lot of 3 bats in a row flights
Old Mar 11, 2012, 10:53 PM
Joined Feb 2012
96 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shastamike View Post
Paper canopies, cheap, durable and customized.
Mike
Coat the paper canopies with epoxy from home depot. They will last much much longer. Better yet, make the canopies with fiberglass. Then put them in shape with epoxy.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 04:02 PM
United States, KY, Louisville
Joined Aug 2010
129 Posts
Major tail wag problem seems to be fixed. I was going to take it apart and replace the tail motor again, after trying all the things suggested with no luck and I noticed the main motor was loose... Guess I did not get it tight enough on the install. Tightened up the main motor and it seems to be back to normal.
winginman is offline Find More Posts by winginman
Old Mar 12, 2012, 04:50 PM
Madison WI
Joined Jan 2009
599 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator168 View Post
Are there any more durable canopies from secondary market?
This one:
http://www.focalprice.com/YE770X/SAN...licopters.html

2 bucks, free shipping. Fits well, made from thicker plastic and only about a gram heavier. Grommets not needed.
jazzjohn is offline Find More Posts by jazzjohn
Old Mar 12, 2012, 06:37 PM
Joined Feb 2012
96 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzjohn View Post
This one:
http://www.focalprice.com/YE770X/SAN...licopters.html

2 bucks, free shipping. Fits well, made from thicker plastic and only about a gram heavier. Grommets not needed.
You are right. I just tested my 9958's canopy on my GCP, it fits perfect. I am going to order some as I own both helis and I am going to need them.

Edit. Ahah, I ordered 5 of them for a total of $6.70 and free shipping.