SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 17, 2011, 01:12 AM
Micro-Heli-Concepts
Australia, NSW, Blacktown
Joined Dec 2006
4,984 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helicraze View Post
I still think the V100D08 is better for 3D stuff, pity i cannot find parts really! eg canopy and batt tray
Hi,
Is the battery tray on the V100D08 the same as the one on the V100D03?
Regards Jason
jasonjetski is offline Find More Posts by jasonjetski
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 17, 2011, 01:12 AM
Joined Jan 2006
75 Posts
Hello everyone,

Just a short video, after opening the box

The heli is stock, as the settings

PASCAL

Génius cp 3D soft (3 min 24 sec)
capirex is offline Find More Posts by capirex
Old Sep 17, 2011, 01:37 AM
Joined Aug 2009
5,058 Posts
Woah!

Tres bien.

Merci. Thanks alot for posting!

OK, now which micro CP is your 3D favorite?
i812 is offline Find More Posts by i812
Last edited by i812; Sep 17, 2011 at 01:51 AM.
Old Sep 17, 2011, 01:49 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,751 Posts
Nice flying, capirex. Personally, I'd like to see a video with a bit of sports flying just to get an idea of the speed and agility of this bird doing normal circuits because I'm not a 3D pilot just yet.
bobepine is offline Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 17, 2011, 01:59 AM
Italy
Joined Sep 2007
223 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjetski View Post

1) When in 6 axis mode. The heli drifts left (about walking pace) and slower backwards. I find that I can use the trims to correct this though,So I might just create a new model named 6 axis and set the trims for that.

Hi Jason, mine drifts too to the left at center stick only in 6axis mode, but the trims doesn't correct at all !!!
dado099 is offline Find More Posts by dado099
Old Sep 17, 2011, 02:01 AM
Joined Aug 2011
35 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder2661 View Post
Hi xenophobe
I've used oomodel.com & they are always really helpful

I did try to contact them the other day & was told that they were on vacation and will be back next week,

So try not to panic yet (i know what it's like to wait for our heli's to come )

On a side note: Does anyone know how this heli will perform with the Transmitter: wk-2603
Not really panicking, just getting really anxious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by milmarc View Post
I had the same thing with oomodel,took 5 days after ordering to get a tracking number,but when it came I realised they had actually shipped it 2 days after I ordered and the heli arrived next morning.
I hope yours is not too far away.
I hope it's near too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
Which one did you order? I have been in contact with them and while the Devo 7 RTF package shows "in stock" on their website, they do not have stock on the Devo 7. I was told by a lady named Vicki that they are expecting the Devo 7 next week. So if you or anyone orders the RTF with Devo 7, it will not be shipped until they have stock on them but they won't tell you that when you place your order.

It's bad business... I would avoid this vendor if at all possible. I'm in Taiwan so on the same time zone with cheap calls to China. PM me your name and order number (perhaps the email address you used, too) and I can call them for you to find out the status on your order. If they haven't shipped yet, I can cancel your order for you and ask that they refund you, too.

Regards,

Chris
I ordered the Devo 8 RTF package. Seeing how there seems to be less demand for it, I assume it probably wouldn't be backordered...

I figured I would get a shipping confirmation or something, and email sent several days ago that they haven't responded to... but yeah, I guess they're on vacation??? Would have been nice if it was posted conspicuously.
xenophobe is offline Find More Posts by xenophobe
Old Sep 17, 2011, 04:22 AM
Micro-Heli-Concepts
Joined Dec 2006
4,984 Posts
Genius CP review

Hi Guys,
Iam sure most of you are aware of Tom Z and the awesome work he has done reviewing various helis and maintaining threads on tips and tricks and other usefull info we will all be able to use.
Well,I would love to see him do a review on the Genius CP and have a thread full of usefull info.
Soooo,I want to buy him a gift certificate from Wowhobbies to help cover the cost of the heli to review.
The gift certificate I send him won't be enough to cover the cost as you could imagine,but I hope it can be usefull for getting started for a great review done and also tips and tricks and setups.
Iam hoping there is a couple of guys here who might be in a position to help also and buy him a gift certificate from Wowhobbies. I know money is a little tight because of this hobbie,but hopefully Tom's review will save some of us some money and heartache later on.
Regards Jason
Old Sep 17, 2011, 06:16 AM
Joined Dec 2010
77 Posts
I was thinking the same type of thing yesterday. I would be willing to send Tom money through PayPal. If a bunch of us send even $10 each it will add up quickly. Perhaps we need a separate thread to organize this?
Ottawa919 is offline Find More Posts by Ottawa919
Old Sep 17, 2011, 06:38 AM
los angeles,ca
Joined May 2010
2,589 Posts
Yes I would love to help with this effort for Tom start a new thread with paypal I will help. Getting ready to go to work!
vronny is offline Find More Posts by vronny
Old Sep 17, 2011, 07:42 AM
Micro-Heli-Concepts
Joined Dec 2006
4,984 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawa919 View Post
I was thinking the same type of thing yesterday. I would be willing to send Tom money through PayPal. If a bunch of us send even $10 each it will add up quickly. Perhaps we need a separate thread to organize this?
Hi Ottawa919,
I checked with Tom and he likes to use Wow,So I just got him a gift voucher and sent him the voucher code via PM.
I think Wow's minimum gift voucher is $10.00
You might be able to contact Tom if it is easier to add money into his Paypal account.
I know that Tom has spent many hours and Dollars in the past to do these reviews,so it feels good to be able to help him with it.
Regards Jason
Old Sep 17, 2011, 08:13 AM
Joined Dec 2010
77 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjetski View Post
Hi Ottawa919,
I checked with Tom and he likes to use Wow,So I just got him a gift voucher and sent him the voucher code via PM.
I think Wow's minimum gift voucher is $10.00
You might be able to contact Tom if it is easier to add money into his Paypal account.
I know that Tom has spent many hours and Dollars in the past to do these reviews,so it feels good to be able to help him with it.
Regards Jason
I try to limit the number of places I use my credit card online and I am not a Wow customer. Others might also not want to do business with Wow for their own reasons.

Most people have PayPal accounts, so I think that it would work better that way. Also, I spent a few minutes on the Wow site and couldn't quickly find gift vouchers.

Tom - if you are game for this, please post your PayPal email or PM it and I will send money.
Ottawa919 is offline Find More Posts by Ottawa919
Old Sep 17, 2011, 08:25 AM
United States, CT, Berlin
Joined Jun 2011
238 Posts
That's what I'm talking about, I like having a friend in bobpine over in the far east.
You are the rc group enforcer for far east venders!
I have to agree with bobpine. If you can get it cancelled, assuming it did not ship, and order from ehirabo, miracle mart, or Terrance, why not just play it safe.
I am curious if ant other us vendors have ordered besides wow. If Rick hauler has these on the way I would feel REAL comfortable, as reliable as wow, and actually the nicest gut to do business with. Hey Rick, yoou going to get these, at least maybe spares? If not I may have to order a nine eagles also, just because I like buying from him! Lol
helimaniac8 is offline Find More Posts by helimaniac8
Old Sep 17, 2011, 08:36 AM
Joined Jun 2011
238 Posts
On a side note, please no flaming me, what ever happened to xheli?
I see newer product reviews fronting online. Things like thev100d03, but have not seen anything newer than a v120d05 on the site. They are very loon in stock items. There parts are low. I have to say, they weren't my number one pick,but I ordered several times from them, got fast service & shipping, correct order, in some cases ridiculouse deals!
Now it just seems like they are only carrying exi and exceed. I really hope that they are sticking around,always like the flight reviews ect, plus when they have a deal, man v120d02's for $139.00 come on.
Does any one know if they are still a walkera dealer or what's happening with them?
Old Sep 17, 2011, 08:45 AM
Joined Jun 2011
238 Posts
And I ordered some of the "too good to be true" deals from xheli, and got the exact item as described, shipping charge was normal, in the case of the v120d02 it was newer version!. I bought it 3 months ago figuring, if it's the v1 rx at the price they wereselling it I could still buy then newer rx for $60. And still be around what every one else was price wise. When I got it it was perfect. I know this is off topic, but I am really just wondering if there will be less good domestic walkera dealers. I like wow, Rick club heli, heli direct. I have found heli direct was once very good on pricing of walkera, beating any price if they were not already, but they don't seem as interested lately. They are also a bit slower to get new walkera stuff lately. Again not to go too of topic, but domestically I have listed my go to guys.
Does anyone have another good domestic walkera source I missed?
Old Sep 17, 2011, 09:09 AM
Things that do fly
In my house ;-) The uk
Joined Dec 2008
2,711 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottAllyn View Post
Indestructible, my a$&!

I'm feeling pretty miserable right now, so I'll keep this relatively brief and post something a little more detailed over the weekend when I'm feeling better.

A coworker brought my Genius to me from the office about an hour ago. I charged up both batteries, created a new profile on my 2801 (default settings), made sure the Genius was set to 6-axis mode, and bound the heli to the transmitter with no issues. I then spun her up, launched her off the coffee table, panic'd as she made a bee-line for my plasma television, overcompensated on both the cyclic and the throttle and sent the heli to the ceiling. I then did what I thought was the most logical next move; I cut the throttle. Or so I thought...

You guys can go ahead and laugh now.

For some reason, I had it in my head that 6-axis mode was going to make the Genius behave like a 4-channel helicopter. That's far from the case! The pitch of the main rotor blades is still fully controllable in 6-axis mode, so with my default 2801 settings, when I thought I was cutting the throttle, I was actually reversing the pitch of the blades! Gaaah! I've never seen something drop so quickly! I drove the poor little heli straight into the ground with full downward thrust. Despite the plush carpet, it was more than the landing gear could take; the front left strut is completely gone, snapped off at both the skid AND the point where it joins the main frame.

I spent the remainder of the 1st battery adjusting my pitch curve for standard flight. This weekend's project will be to scour the forums for info on tweaking throttle and pitch curves for beginner cp pilots, but I have something that will at least allow me to fly for now. On the second battery, and with my tweaked pitch curve, I flew the Genius leisurely around the living room uneventfully. After a 6 minute flight, the battery was down to 3.70 - pretty good for such a tiny battery!

Difficulty-wise (keep in mind that I've only been flying for about a month), I'd put it somewhere between my v100D01 and my V120D01. It's very responsive, even in the less sensitive 6-axis mode. The tail holds perfectly with throttle pumps, tho it seems a little sluggish for turning.

That's all I have for now. I need to quit futzing with helicopter stuff and go crash on the couch. Time for some Nyquil.
Well,lets get real here for a minuite,,you have seen the vids of the genius here and see it doing 3d ,you see how fast it can move from a stand still or hover and you know its a full 6 chan cp heli,,,,,,you have only been flying heli for 1 month and you think you are ready for the genius?,,,,its not gonna happen dude,,,you are gonna have to dumb it right down in the tx settings to make it fly more like a 4 chan fp and then tune her back up slowly as you get bored with the low settings ,,,it takes years to be automatic when controling a heli to the point where you can throw a cp around in a room without crashing,,,,,,its really not easy,,,,,any heli will break when you hit throttle hold and slam it into the ground at full pitch,im surprised its only the LG thats broken.
Magic k2 is offline Find More Posts by Magic k2