SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 10, 2012, 01:25 PM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,350 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierGuy View Post
Which online store has the Genius CP at the lowest price?

Would this heli be good for someone who wants to step up from a fixed pitched
to a collective pitch?

And, does the TX come with a decent manual that actually explains how to program it?
I sent you a PM as i have a combo devo8 genius for sell. I can even set up a few different models from easy to advanced flying....
indoorheli is offline Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 10, 2012, 01:27 PM
Joined Jul 2008
775 Posts
Looks like this guy has been busy, look at all the motor combinations for the mcpx and the genius
http://translate.google.com/translat...26prmd%3Dimvns

@ @ MCPX / Genius CP / Walkera models .. all kinds of modified Pen Pen brushless motor / ESC package group

@ @ Brushless motor from lightweight C05M/HP03S to the ultra-violence Penpen HP06V2/HP08S are prepared

@ @ ESC STEVE conversion-line version XP-7A/XP-12A with conversion (functional version) Optional
mescalinedream is offline Find More Posts by mescalinedream
Old Feb 10, 2012, 08:22 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,780 Posts
Well two things on my CP. I tried the mcpx tail blade. First it did seem to hold well, but after the first battery the tail motor was warm something it has never been with the stock blade. Second the holding was so well I started indoor pylon racing in the building and a wall jumped out of nowhere and grabbed my heli.
mhills51 is online now Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 10, 2012, 08:46 PM
⤤ ⤳ ⤴ ⇲
Joined Aug 2008
1,248 Posts
Always remember kids ... speed kills.
Luckily, you were not inside that helicopter. I guess you can salvage parts out of it at worst.
mono is offline Find More Posts by mono
Old Feb 10, 2012, 09:10 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,780 Posts
Already done! The Walkera brushless has been officially tested lol! My thought on engaging the tail worked perfectly. After throttling up give a healthy right rudder and the tail activates and stays locked. The problem I see with it is some kind of electric interference not gyro settings. The wiggle it gets is not constant more like a twitch here and there. But what ever it is affects all the gyros or board at the same time. I am starting to think it maybe the spinning can or feedback from the speedcontrols. May need a small choke on the power wires to the controller. Just what this needs now, more weight. With the extra weight you need about 3/4 stick to lift off. It is much smoother sounding than the brushed. may need throttle curve to be changed to 85%+ for normal flying more like my larger helicopters.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 10, 2012, 09:19 PM
⤤ ⤳ ⤴ ⇲
Joined Aug 2008
1,248 Posts
Good stuff!
I did some research last night on tail motor esc connected to a gyro, each article I found mentioned giving full left rudder after gyro initialization to set the esc's "low point".
But you are using right rudder and getting results, maybe that has the same effect but is setting the "high point" instead. As long as it works, great result.
mono is offline Find More Posts by mono
Old Feb 10, 2012, 09:58 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,780 Posts
When people converted to electric tails the gyro and speedcontrol powered up at the same time and would make the speedcontrol think you had the stick halfway up and wouldn't arm, but because this is a all in one rx the speedcontrol will not get a signal until you throttle up. So in this case it is the gyro that is confused and not the speedcontrol. I know 180 out of wack. So you have to turn on the speedcontrol (right stick) so the gyro knows what is going on. Make sense?... No! Me neither lol!!
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 11, 2012, 12:44 AM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,780 Posts
I just changed my throttle to 67% at M that helped a lot, but could use more. Brushless motors like to spin at 80-95% for best efficiency, that makes me wonder how a brushless motor on your tail even makes any sense
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 11, 2012, 03:01 AM
Joined Feb 2012
1 Posts
You can get this walkera genius cp RTF with devo 7 for less than $180 at wowhobbies.com. I just start buying from then since i work close by and their price is very competitive.
Dbttoo is offline Find More Posts by Dbttoo
Old Feb 11, 2012, 08:31 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2007
1,103 Posts
I have around 0.75 - 1mm vertical play on both of my GCP main shafts, and they've been like this from BNIB.
I've never dropped and tightened the shaft collar as I don't seem to have any flight problems indoors.
I do get a little bit of bobbing outdoors though, and think this is the culprit.
Is this small amount of vertical shaft play normal, or should the collar be pressed tight against the upper bearing?
Username> is offline Find More Posts by Username>
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Feb 11, 2012, 08:44 AM
Heli's and gliders, what else?
Nederland, GE, Slijk-Ewijk
Joined Apr 2006
753 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by damo666 View Post
...... or should the collar be pressed tight against the upper bearing?
Yep, that's what I do. Just press it against the upper bearing and you should be okay. Besides that, I always check the main gear after a crash. It tends to slip downward on both my Geniuses.....
BarnOwl is offline Find More Posts by BarnOwl
Old Feb 11, 2012, 11:28 AM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,780 Posts
Every time I have a mishap I have to press my gear back together. It's made that way.

but you should have no play. Just press it firm
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 11, 2012, 11:32 AM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,780 Posts
Ehirobo has the 7devo package for $159 that is were I got mine.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 11, 2012, 01:43 PM
United States, TX, New Braunfels
Joined May 2011
489 Posts
Hello,
I've just about convinced myself to purchase a Genius. I have a ProTX2801 so I'll probably just get the bind and fly version.
Can any of you recomend the spare parts list I should get as well?
How long do the batteis last?
And last, I don't have a lot of indoor space to fly so how does it do outdoors? I have several FP's that fly great outside when calm but not in the slightest bit of wind. I was hoping the CP would fill in on thos windy days.
Any feedback would be great!
Thank you,
Travis
Travis MCH is offline Find More Posts by Travis MCH
Old Feb 11, 2012, 01:44 PM
United States, TX, New Braunfels
Joined May 2011
489 Posts
Oh, one more question, sorry, is there any reason for me to get the brushless version over the stock motors? It's about a $60 price difference from what I can tell.
Thanks
Travis MCH is offline Find More Posts by Travis MCH