HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 16, 2011, 10:00 PM
QuAd FaNaTiC
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,332 Posts
lol

thanks

Well I was told that right out of the box, it needs some adjustment with Devo 6 to do 3D, without tail blow outs.

Not that I'll be doing hardcore 3D anyways.

If I can do smooth FFF, loops, rolls and maybe tick tocks and practise inverted flight I'll be happy.

All without doing too much damage

Quote:
Originally Posted by livonia bob View Post
On the other Walkera TX's + is less just like with the DX6i..

Don't worry about being able to figure out how to set it up... Once you see how clear Walkera instructions are written you will have no problem at all..................... As soon as someone on here posts how to do it......
Razors edge 29 is offline Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 16, 2011, 10:03 PM
UK
Joined Jul 2007
2,678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by milmarc View Post
They got mine to me 7 days from when I ordered,which is pretty standard for China to NZ.

The problem was that they sent the shipping email on the 16th when they actually posted it on the 11th,so for all those days I was under the impression that they had taken my order when they did not have stock.
They state under terms and conditions that processing can take 48hrs and that is what happened in my case.Ordered on the 9th,they shipped on the 11th and I got it on the 17th.
Also the heli was perfect out of the box.

Not sticking up for them,just relaying my experience.
Because of the late email however,in future I'll stick with CJ,MM and ehirobo,probably 20 orders from each with never a problem that was'nt sorted.
Good to know xenophobe should sleep better for that - they need to sharpen their act though Tracking No 4 days after shipping wont do them any favors.

Regards David
Hellraser is offline Find More Posts by Hellraser
Old Sep 16, 2011, 10:09 PM
QuAd FaNaTiC
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,332 Posts
where is this vid that another member says you posted?

I must have missed it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellraser View Post
Good to know xenophobe should sleep better for that - they need to sharpen their act though Tracking No 4 days after shipping wont do them any favors.

Regards David
Old Sep 16, 2011, 10:14 PM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,534 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29 View Post
lol

thanks

Well I was told that right out of the box, it needs some adjustment with Devo 6 to do 3D, without tail blow outs.

Not that I'll be doing hardcore 3D anyways.

If I can do smooth FFF, loops, rolls and maybe tick tocks and practise inverted flight I'll be happy.

All without doing too much damage
Yes everyone has the same dream as you... I'm still waiting for it to come true 1000's of dollars spent while waiting..
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Old Sep 16, 2011, 10:15 PM
UK
Joined Jul 2007
2,678 Posts
Quote:
where is this vid that another member says you posted?

I must have missed it?
]Here is the review of Devo 6 and 8

Walkera Devention 8 and 6 Radios Review Part I (8 min 16 sec)

Part 2 : http://www.youtube.com/user/alishanm...20/sMwzg47_JVU

Regards David[/QUOTE]
Hellraser is offline Find More Posts by Hellraser
Old Sep 16, 2011, 10:20 PM
QuAd FaNaTiC
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,332 Posts
Maybe soon Bob - you and I'll will be liven the dream

Quote:
Yes everyone has the same dream as you... I'm still waiting for it to come true 1000's of dollars spent while waiting..
Old Sep 16, 2011, 10:21 PM
QuAd FaNaTiC
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,332 Posts
okay thanks

R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellraser View Post
[/QUOTE]
Old Sep 16, 2011, 10:32 PM
Joined Aug 2009
5,172 Posts
Quote:
On the other Walkera TX's + is less just like with the DX6i..

Don't worry about being able to figure out how to set it up... Once you see how clear Walkera instructions are written you will have no problem at all..................... As soon as someone on here posts how to do it......
You did it again Bob!

You got my Laugh of the Day Award

Thanks

NOTE: I actually got a Warranty Card with one of my Walkera's
(For the longest time, I thought you and Tom were kidding about it too!)

@ RazorsEdge:

IMO, What Bob says about Walkera User Manuals is only partially true. Their Heli User Manuals leave alot to be desired. Historically, not only do they lack valuable info about how their hardware works, but their wrong use of words may require some to need "anger management" therapy; however, the TX Manual is written in "English", and the TX manual is not even required because the TX "software programmers" did a good job with their menu-ing.

I have the DX7 and 2801Pro. IMO the 2801Pro menu system is intuitive, never had to read the manual to figure it out; whereas the DX7 took me the manual to learn how to navigate.

The new Devo's look like they're even easier to navigate. I think just about the only thing that might need to be learned with any of their TX's is the meaning of the CP "lingo", but it is no different than Spektrum TX lingo.
i812 is offline Find More Posts by i812
Old Sep 16, 2011, 10:45 PM
Heli collector
Joined Apr 2009
16,534 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by i812 View Post
You did it again Bob!

Thanks

@ RazorsEdge:

IMO, What Bob says about Walkera User Manuals is only partially true. Their Heli User Manuals leave alot to be desired. Historically, not only do they lack valuable info about how their hardware works, but their wrong use of words may require some to need "anger management" therapy; however, the TX Manual is written in "English", and the TX manual is not even required because the TX "software programmers" did a good job with their menu-ing.

I have the DX7 and 2801Pro. IMO the 2801Pro menu system is intuitive, never had to read the manual to figure it out; whereas the DX7 took me the manual to learn how to navigate.

The new Devo's look like they're even easier to navigate. I think just about the only thing that might need to be learned with any of their TX's is the meaning of the CP "lingo", but it is no different than Spektrum TX lingo.
I can remember getting extra sheet of paper where they listed the servo direction settings for different heli's and TX's and lots of time what they wrote was wrong..

And I agree the 2801 is very easy to use,,,, my DX7 is very hard to use and every time I try to add a model or even change a setting I need to read the book.. Unlike the DX6i which was as easy to program as the 2801...
Old Sep 16, 2011, 10:45 PM
QuAd FaNaTiC
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,332 Posts
great thanks

I have a Dx6i now, and at first some things were a pain, BUT I am very used to it now.

I hope it wont take me long to figure out Devo 6

I guess I could always create another model memory and screw around with Genius on say, model 2, and then rebind back to model 1 if model 2 doesnt work well lol

always good to have a fail safe

Quote:
Originally Posted by i812 View Post
You did it again Bob!

Thanks

@ RazorsEdge:

Old Sep 16, 2011, 10:48 PM
Heli collector
Joined Apr 2009
16,534 Posts
Quote:
great thanks

I have a Dx6i now, and at first some things were a pain, BUT I am very used to it now.

I hope it wont take me long to figure out Devo 6

I guess I could always create another model memory and screw around with Genius on say, model 2, and then rebind back to model 1 if model 2 doesnt work well lol

always good to have a fail safe
Yes I often do this till I run out of space on the TX and then I reuse the slot that I haven't been flying with and save the good one..
Old Sep 16, 2011, 10:52 PM
QuAd FaNaTiC
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,332 Posts
I imagine i'll do the same

and besides

if i like this walkera

perhaps i'll get more

Quote:
Yes I often do this till I run out of space on the TX and then I reuse the slot that I haven't been flying with and save the good one..
Old Sep 17, 2011, 12:57 AM
North Bergen , NJ
Joined Feb 2011
53 Posts
does any one know if they are coming out with a 120 size Heli like Genius CP .
jlefty is offline Find More Posts by jlefty
Old Sep 17, 2011, 01:05 AM
Joined Jun 2011
8,133 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xenophobe View Post
No tracking number.

I live in the Bay Area in California, which is one hop from the International terminal for deliveries. I paid for EMS Express. I've had items received in 5 days before. Normal Air Mail typically takes 10-11 days to my location.

And I didn't see the link to ehirobo until after I ordered. Oh well, my fault for being impulsive and not paying attention.
Which one did you order? I have been in contact with them and while the Devo 7 RTF package shows "in stock" on their website, they do not have stock on the Devo 7. I was told by a lady named Vicki that they are expecting the Devo 7 next week. So if you or anyone orders the RTF with Devo 7, it will not be shipped until they have stock on them but they won't tell you that when you place your order.

It's bad business... I would avoid this vendor if at all possible. I'm in Taiwan so on the same time zone with cheap calls to China. PM me your name and order number (perhaps the email address you used, too) and I can call them for you to find out the status on your order. If they haven't shipped yet, I can cancel your order for you and ask that they refund you, too.

Regards,

Chris
bobepine is offline Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 17, 2011, 02:05 AM
Joined Mar 2010
497 Posts
I still think the V100D08 is better for 3D stuff, pity i cannot find parts really! eg canopy and batt tray
helicraze is offline Find More Posts by helicraze