HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 23, 2012, 08:36 PM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by distortionist View Post
That's the thing tho, I tried tilting the rx, I have removed most of the sticky pad, it is just way hard to get it to fly right. I will play with it later, right now I can hover and move around a bit in 3 axis. My heli vibrates on new batteries right now so six axis is out of the question, I think I can see it miss-behave trying to figure out what is level with the vibration.

Maybe tomorrow when I get my new genius I'll see how it flies out of the box in six axis, and maybe play with that before I crash it and bend something

With my next parts purchase i'll get cb100 blades to get things slower and easier maybe.
Watch you don't let the smoke out of the motor with the CB100 blades.. I'm worried it's not geared right for them.. Better to do the lower motor speed with more pitch on the stock blades but even here you have to check just how slow you can go by the motor and battery temp after a flight..
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 23, 2012, 08:43 PM
Joined Jan 2012
123 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhills51 View Post
Have you checked to make sure your swash is level and arms are at 90% 0 pitch?

I was like you guys when I first got mine and was like what's going on? I fly 250-500. That is when I found out it was not me but the heli was not set up at all. The poor gyro was getting confused right at take off. In fact I just flew mine at my boys scout meet hands off in 3 axis.
I discovered that stuff while researching and I have gotten things as level as my eye can tell, I don't have pitch and leveling tools. My arms would not go to 90, they are just a notch off, I removed the arm and placed it as close to 90 as I can, and the other side is a bit off as well, but they are 100% symmetrical and I have full range of swash movement, so it would seem anyway.

In 3 axis when I am taking off it wants to shoot back and to the left, but I can adjust for that and hover pretty good already. I am working on keeping the tail put because it moves. I have read about an issue with the tail drifting and if I can't trim this out properly, I'll look up the solutions found here.
distortionist is offline Find More Posts by distortionist
Old Jan 23, 2012, 08:44 PM
Joined Jan 2012
123 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by livonia bob View Post
Watch you don't let the smoke out of the motor with the CB100 blades.. I'm worried it's not geared right for them.. Better to do the lower motor speed with more pitch on the stock blades but even here you have to check just how slow you can go by the motor and battery temp after a flight..
Battery is pretty warm... is that bad? Good thing you mentioned that, I was gonna ask but forgot.
distortionist is offline Find More Posts by distortionist
Old Jan 23, 2012, 09:00 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2007
1,103 Posts
Quote:
Have you checked to make sure your swash is level and arms are at 90% 0 pitch?

I was like you guys when I first got mine and was like what's going on? I fly 250-500. That is when I found out it was not me but the heli was not set up at all. The poor gyro was getting confused right at take off. In fact I just flew mine at my boys scout meet hands off in 3 axis.
Yeah, i'm all set with that. My swash is perfectly level, servo arms at 90 degrees, 0 pitch at 50%.

I learnt all this when I got my v400 fortunately.

I did a search for Bobs 6x settings and actually found them under a link by a member called Tom Z.

The link is now deleted or invalid though.
Username> is offline Find More Posts by Username>
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 23, 2012, 09:01 PM
Heli collector
Joined Apr 2009
16,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by damo666 View Post
Yeah, i'm all set with that. My swash is perfectly level, servo arms at 90 degrees, 0 pitch at 50%.

I did a search for Bobs 6x settings and actually found them under a link by a member called Tom Z.

You flying with a 2801?? If so I'll email them to you..
Old Jan 23, 2012, 09:03 PM
Heli collector
Joined Apr 2009
16,522 Posts
Quote:
Bob,

Do you mind sharing your 6x settings if you would please? Do you have the 2801 pro like me?

I'm willing to give this a try as I too am currently in 3x mode.

But then, when I tried it in 6x mode when I first got it I found the response was slightly mushy.

Cheers,

Damian
PM me you email address...
Old Jan 23, 2012, 09:06 PM
Heli collector
Joined Apr 2009
16,522 Posts
Quote:

Well there's the problem,,, you can't have a level swash and have it fly right.. Dam this "you must level the swash first" rumor is hard to stop... First you fly the heli and then you ADJUST the swash as needed...
Old Jan 23, 2012, 09:13 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
11,902 Posts
When did that become a rumor except in weighted self leveling flybar helicopters?
mhills51 is offline Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 23, 2012, 09:32 PM
Heli collector
Joined Apr 2009
16,522 Posts
Quote:
When did that become a rumor except in weighted self leveling flybar helicopters?
It was true back when you built your own heli from little parts.. As you had to start from someplace.. But I have yet to get a Walkera where the servos are or could be made to be perfectly at 90 degrees. So I never even try anymore as they come as close as I could get them.. While I'll eyeball the swash to make sure there isn't some thing major wrong with it and there never has been. I Just do some careful test hops to see what if any adjustments are needed for a hands off no trims added hover and to get this the swash can't be level..
Old Jan 23, 2012, 10:25 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2007
1,103 Posts
Bob & co,

I've had a weeks break from flying this and have just come indoors after flying through 3 packs.

It's 4:20am here and the weather is super calm outdoors for a change.

I think my problem was because it was windy that day I took it out, and I just wasn't used to this in any breeze.

With the bigger helis you have a bit more docile handling so can be more aggressive on the cyclic, whereas this darts off and you need to be quick and more gentle.

Just done a bit of FF outdoors at work in 3 axis and it's kind of hovering hands free for a few seconds but drifting slowly in the process which I think is normal.

Tried in 6 axis and it's hard for me to get used to. Maybe it's because I fly my others in 3x and i'm used to that mode. I don't know.

I think a weeks break from it has done me some good though.
Old Jan 23, 2012, 10:32 PM
Heli collector
Joined Apr 2009
16,522 Posts
Quote:
Bob & co,

I've had a weeks break from flying this and have just come indoors after flying through 3 packs.

It's 4:20am here and the weather is super calm outdoors for a change.

I think my problem was because it was windy that day I took it out, and I just wasn't used to this in any breeze.

With the bigger helis you have a bit more docile handling so can be more aggressive on the cyclic, whereas this darts off and you need to be quick and more gentle.

Just done a bit of FF outdoors at work in 3 axis and it's kind of hovering hands free for a few seconds but drifting slowly in the process which I think is normal.

Tried in 6 axis and it's hard for me to get used to. Maybe it's because I fly my others in 3x and i'm used to that mode. I don't know.

I think a weeks break from it has done me some good though.
You can't fly it in 6 axis unless you change all your D/R's, EXPO, POTS, tilt the RX etc.. It's not a flip the switch and it's ready to fly in 6 axis deal..
Old Jan 23, 2012, 10:52 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2007
1,103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by livonia bob View Post
You can't fly it in 6 axis unless you change all your D/R's, EXPO, POTS, tilt the RX etc.. It's not a flip the switch and it's ready to fly in 6 axis deal..
Yeah, roger that Bob.

I just checked the settings you eMailed me and will programme them into my TX later today. A lot of the parameters are totally different like you say.

Now, i've not got a real aggressive pitch range on this. I think i'm at -5 to +8, and I find that the stock motor bogs a little if I do mild pitch pumps.

Is this normal for this motor?

Thanks again.
Old Jan 24, 2012, 12:27 AM
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Jan 2012
36 Posts
Quote:

Here you go...
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...9&postcount=22
chipwich is offline Find More Posts by chipwich
Old Jan 24, 2012, 03:32 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2007
1,103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chipwich View Post
Bob kindly took time out to eMail me the settings, so thanks @Bob.

Can anyone help me out with this question that relates to throttle hold and the Genius, please?

I would be ripping my hair out if I had any.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1580340
Old Jan 24, 2012, 05:44 AM
I just want to fly
USA, IN, Jeffersonville
Joined Aug 2008
690 Posts
Thanks guys now I need to figu re how to work my 2603 my first walkera
justwanttofly is offline Find More Posts by justwanttofly