HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 18, 2012, 11:56 PM
United States, CA, Fountain Valley
Joined Jan 2011
257 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by valtchov View Post
Looking for 1-2 Genius CP servos with broken gears, if you have any gathering dust please PM me. Need them for some experiments on my franken GCP heli. Cheers

V
how bad is the servo problem on the genius? when i read most post about walkera helicopters in general, most people complain about the servos.
bizzy511 is offline Find More Posts by bizzy511
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 19, 2012, 12:20 AM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,480 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizzy511 View Post
how bad is the servo problem on the genius? when i read most post about walkera helicopters in general, most people complain about the servos.
I've had my Genius for several months and I am basically a sport flyer, I haven't even tried a flip or roll yet. I have had no problems with servos. Flybarless helis are always tough on servos, especially if you push them hard. Don't forget, these are the first consumer priced flybarless micro helis. All of the flybarless helis we saw before were high-end models that used very expensive electronics. so, you don't really have much basis for comparison.
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Old Jan 19, 2012, 02:05 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2007
1,103 Posts
No problems with servos here, too, though i've only had mine for a short duration.
Just set your extents, d/r, ETC.. up properly and you should be OK.

Fortunately, afiik, the servos from the GCP will be migrated to the new Mini CP which is nice to know.
Username> is offline Find More Posts by Username>
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 19, 2012, 02:11 AM
Better then Sliced Bread!
United States, CA, Arcata
Joined Oct 2011
2,650 Posts
It seems with the GCP servos either you get one thats bad or it works well, I personally went through 2 bad servos and both where defective on arrival.
NorCalMatCat is offline Find More Posts by NorCalMatCat
Old Jan 19, 2012, 11:55 AM
addicted to the sound ehhhhhhh
Joined Dec 2011
138 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavekatcher View Post
Broke the tail fin off , wondering if a mcpx tail fin will work.

Anywhere sell just the fin or do I have to buy the whole tail assembly?
Hey i have some extra fin assemblies i could arrange to sell you or maybe some sort of trade... pm me I live in san jose
englanito is offline Find More Posts by englanito
Old Jan 19, 2012, 11:57 AM
Better then Sliced Bread!
United States, CA, Arcata
Joined Oct 2011
2,650 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavekatcher View Post
Broke the tail fin off , wondering if a mcpx tail fin will work.

Anywhere sell just the fin or do I have to buy the whole tail assembly?
One thing to consider is how the tail is wired, you cannot just take the fin off and put a new one on because the tail motor wire runs through it. What I did to replace my fin was take a new fin and use a dremel to cut a small channel into the plastic so I could switch out tail fin without messing with the wiring.
NorCalMatCat is offline Find More Posts by NorCalMatCat
Old Jan 19, 2012, 12:02 PM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,526 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalMatCat View Post
One thing to consider is how the tail is wired, you cannot just take the fin off and put a new one on because the tail motor wire runs through it. What I did to replace my fin was take a new fin and use a dremel to cut a small channel into the plastic so I could switch out tail fin without messing with the wiring.
I just find some scrap plastic and cut it to look like a fin and hot glue it on the motor.. BUT If I hot glue them before I break them off they last a lot longer than a repair job does....
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Old Jan 19, 2012, 12:14 PM
United States, MA, Springfield
Joined Dec 2010
575 Posts
im getting some tail wag/twitching. very noticeable just hovering.. replaced tail motor, main gear, and main blades. lowered the gyro sensor on TX to 76-78% still twitching. pots on RX are around 11 o'clock position. checked mesh spacing between gear and motor pinion, no slope in main shaft.. everything looks ok. any other ideas?
scub is offline Find More Posts by scub
Old Jan 19, 2012, 12:15 PM
Joined Dec 2011
138 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by livonia bob View Post
I just find some scrap plastic and cut it to look like a fin and hot glue it on the motor.. BUT If I hot glue them before I break them off they last a lot longer than a repair job does....
i have been dipping mine in liquid electrical tape
Old Jan 19, 2012, 12:18 PM
Joined Dec 2011
138 Posts
IM about to switch my rx battery wire over to jst and to replace 6 batteries wires the same
Old Jan 19, 2012, 12:19 PM
Joined Nov 2010
16 Posts
scub, You may want to replace the tail rotor also. It may be cracked at the hub or slipping.
NJ_Quack is offline Find More Posts by NJ_Quack
Old Jan 19, 2012, 04:38 PM
Heli collector
Joined Apr 2009
16,526 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scub View Post
im getting some tail wag/twitching. very noticeable just hovering.. replaced tail motor, main gear, and main blades. lowered the gyro sensor on TX to 76-78% still twitching. pots on RX are around 11 o'clock position. checked mesh spacing between gear and motor pinion, no slope in main shaft.. everything looks ok. any other ideas?
Check for vibration from bent feathering shaft, lose screw, dampers. No rubber band on RX, a rubber band on the RX..
Old Jan 19, 2012, 05:00 PM
El Dorado de Helicópteros
Joined Aug 2011
168 Posts
Quote:
No rubber band on RX, a rubber band on the RX..
Old 4G3 days bob?
Proud Polac is offline Find More Posts by Proud Polac
Old Jan 19, 2012, 05:07 PM
Heli collector
Joined Apr 2009
16,526 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud Polac View Post
Old 4G3 days bob?
I think more the 4#3 and CB100.. You would be surprised how many people this helped..
Old Jan 19, 2012, 05:17 PM
United States, TN, Johnson City
Joined Oct 2011
139 Posts
Quote:
Check for vibration from bent feathering shaft, lose screw, dampers. No rubber band on RX, a rubber band on the RX..
I was wondering why someone on here I saw had a rubberband I thought they just didnt have any stick left on their rx holder. Thanks for a good tip!!
Milf Hunter is offline Find More Posts by Milf Hunter