HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 17, 2012, 09:25 PM
Tokyo
Joined Jan 2010
700 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondM View Post
Getting back to the Genius, does anyone know where to get extra mounting tape for the pc board?
You can buy another rx (comes with mounting pad) or use double sided tape (double it up). One solution might be a bit cheaper than the other.
bytemuncher is offline Find More Posts by bytemuncher
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 17, 2012, 10:01 PM
I AM SOFA KING WE TODD DID
Iceland, Westfjords, Ísafjörður
Joined Mar 2011
1,124 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by livonia bob View Post
How are the Stunt 1 and stunt 2 different??
Hey BOB,

I changed my throttle curves (per finless Bobs videos) to stunt 1 @ 80% throttle flat and stunt 2 100% flat.

I think I figured out the problem though, incorrect gyro settings per the manual. stunt 2 is @ 50 when it should be 70 or 75%..

Too busy to fly any time soon to test everything, but I'll keep you posted.

Thanks, Wavekatcher
wavekatcher is offline Find More Posts by wavekatcher
Old Jan 18, 2012, 06:50 AM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,526 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavekatcher View Post
Hey BOB,

I changed my throttle curves (per finless Bobs videos) to stunt 1 @ 80% throttle flat and stunt 2 100% flat.

I think I figured out the problem though, incorrect gyro settings per the manual. stunt 2 is @ 50 when it should be 70 or 75%..

Too busy to fly any time soon to test everything, but I'll keep you posted.

Thanks, Wavekatcher
Yes I think you have found the problem..
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Old Jan 18, 2012, 09:34 AM
1 year flyin' & lovin' it!
United States, CA, Covina
Joined Aug 2011
470 Posts
Well, since I have 2 GCP's, I didn't see any reason to not go BL on one of them. I finally pulled the trigger on the Walkera DBL BL kit. For those of you who have it, how's it working? I also ordered 3 of the 350mAh batts too, as it is suggested.

AB
OldGuyHelifly11 is offline Find More Posts by OldGuyHelifly11
Old Jan 18, 2012, 10:10 AM
Joined Dec 2011
19 Posts
Got my Genius from Wow Hobbies yesterday.... Man, this is a whole different ballgame from 3 channel coax I noticed when I was looking over it before my first flight some little plastic shavings hanging out of one of the ball links going from the swash to the rotor head. It kept coming apart when flying so now I'm down until new ball link set shows up.

As an aside, if anyone out there with a Devo 6 tx is interested in a Devo 8, please PM me. I would prefer the smaller form factor and would be interested in some sort of trade.
ryknoll3 is offline Find More Posts by ryknoll3
Old Jan 18, 2012, 12:19 PM
Live to learn. . .
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
Progress!!!!

Hi Guys,

I just got a few flights in during lunch, and I just reached a milestone! I just hovered my first complete pack inverted. I was able to take off, flip it inverted, and hold a nose-in inverted hover for the whole battery, then flip is back over and land afterwards!! No crashes! Thank you Genius,

Rafa
Rafa's CB100 is offline Find More Posts by Rafa's CB100
Old Jan 18, 2012, 12:32 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa's CB100 View Post
Hi Guys,

I just got a few flights in during lunch, and I just reached a milestone! I just hovered my first complete pack inverted. I was able to take off, flip it inverted, and hold a nose-in inverted hover for the whole battery, then flip is back over and land afterwards!! No crashes! Thank you Genius,

Rafa
Well done Rafa, it seems we are very close. I did my first tail-in inverted hover last week and have hovered about 20 packs since. I still haven't got the hang of nose-in inverted on the SIM yet. I am still using the V120D02S for 3D training but may revert to the Genius should the crashes prove too much to handle.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Jan 18, 2012, 12:57 PM
Joined Mar 2011
3 Posts
looking for broken Genius CP servos

Looking for 1-2 Genius CP servos with broken gears, if you have any gathering dust please PM me. Need them for some experiments on my franken GCP heli. Cheers

V
valtchov is offline Find More Posts by valtchov
Old Jan 18, 2012, 12:58 PM
Joined Jan 2012
123 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryknoll3 View Post
Got my Genius from Wow Hobbies yesterday.... Man, this is a whole different ballgame from 3 channel coax I noticed when I was looking over it before my first flight some little plastic shavings hanging out of one of the ball links going from the swash to the rotor head. It kept coming apart when flying so now I'm down until new ball link set shows up.

As an aside, if anyone out there with a Devo 6 tx is interested in a Devo 8, please PM me. I would prefer the smaller form factor and would be interested in some sort of trade.
Did it not come with spares?
distortionist is offline Find More Posts by distortionist
Old Jan 18, 2012, 04:36 PM
United States, MI, East Lansing
Joined Mar 2008
63 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryknoll3 View Post
I was quite surprised to find the same thing. At firs I was thinking the radio was to small and toyish, but after a short time it just feels great in my hand and I have great control of the switches and such. Seems fitting for a little heli.
airbasher is offline Find More Posts by airbasher
Old Jan 18, 2012, 06:22 PM
I AM SOFA KING WE TODD DID
Iceland, Westfjords, Ísafjörður
Joined Mar 2011
1,124 Posts
Broke the tail fin off , wondering if a mcpx tail fin will work.

Anywhere sell just the fin or do I have to buy the whole tail assembly?
wavekatcher is offline Find More Posts by wavekatcher
Old Jan 18, 2012, 06:42 PM
El Dorado de Helicópteros
Joined Aug 2011
168 Posts
Quote:

Just glue a toothpick to it(or something similar)? or are you talking about the rotor?
Proud Polac is offline Find More Posts by Proud Polac
Old Jan 18, 2012, 06:49 PM
Tokyo
Joined Jan 2010
700 Posts
I don't use a tail fin. Wasted weight imo.
bytemuncher is offline Find More Posts by bytemuncher
Old Jan 18, 2012, 07:31 PM
microheli addict
Joined Nov 2009
42 Posts
Quote:

I use a cable tie!
NevB is offline Find More Posts by NevB
Old Jan 18, 2012, 09:45 PM
Joined Dec 2011
19 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by distortionist View Post
Did it not come with spares?
No, don't believe they come with spare ball links. Just spare main and tail rotors. These came stripped out on the heli. Took one crash for it to separate and then it just kept coming apart.
ryknoll3 is offline Find More Posts by ryknoll3