HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 16, 2012, 08:45 PM
Live to learn. . .
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
So I got a flight in after work. I've been practicing my inverted hover, but I wound up hitting a tree in the back yard. When I made it over to the heli, all looked OK except for my canopy. I've cracked the canopy down near the skids a bunch of times, but I hadn't quite seen this yet. I was able to take the canopy off, pop it back out, and keep right on going. It didn't even leave a mark on the canopy. LOL. Maybe I should try stepping on it now. Thought I would share.

Rafa
Rafa's CB100 is offline Find More Posts by Rafa's CB100
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 16, 2012, 08:52 PM
Joined Jan 2012
123 Posts
I guess I just have to start the tx first! But I tell you in the old firmware it always worked, no matter what I did. It is good to know the proper way.

On a side note, I ordered a second genius I obviously have a lot to learn so I got one to break and one to fly... or 2 to break. We shall see.

I also can't wait to get my new motor and tail for the one I already have, I pulled almost everything apart and set it up perfectly, so I think. We will find out

I also got myself a nice soldering station. Wire, deans, and lots of different batteries to play with.
distortionist is offline Find More Posts by distortionist
Old Jan 16, 2012, 09:00 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
11,829 Posts
Confusion with the powering up is from all older walkeras it says to power the heli before the TX. Now the walkeras start up is the same as just about every other RC. TX first then RX
mhills51 is online now Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 16, 2012, 09:04 PM
Live to learn. . .
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Hammer View Post
With the Genius you have to plug the battery into the RX on the heli FIRST, then turn on the TX. Once the red led stops blinking I move the cyclic full right and then give it a full quick 360 turn and the heli will bind properly...solid green in 3 axis, solid red in 6 axis.

Regards,
John
I do this same thing except that when the red led stops blinking and goes solid, I move the throttle a bit, then the fast red flashing starts, and it binds quickly. Whatever gits 'er dun, I guess. Happy flying everyone!

Rafa
Rafa's CB100 is offline Find More Posts by Rafa's CB100
Old Jan 16, 2012, 09:05 PM
Better then Sliced Bread!
United States, CA, Arcata
Joined Oct 2011
2,619 Posts
I just use fixed id, turn my radio on, plug my heli into the battery, and wait for the blades to level, then I take off .
NorCalMatCat is online now Find More Posts by NorCalMatCat
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Let'sFPV UBEC 1 WEEK SALE
Old Jan 16, 2012, 09:07 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
11,829 Posts
I try to get my heli plugged in while the tx is still beeping. lol!
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 16, 2012, 09:11 PM
Joined Oct 2011
2,619 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhills51 View Post
I try to get my heli plugged in while the tx is still beeping. lol!
Thats why I use Fixed ID , it just two fast beep beeps and is sitting there waiting however long it is on.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 16, 2012, 09:12 PM
Joined Jan 2012
123 Posts
I'll be plugging it in very carefully keeping my fingers clear from now on!

I am not flying that thing anywhere close to my wife.

I loved harassing her with that coaxial I had...
distortionist is offline Find More Posts by distortionist
Old Jan 16, 2012, 09:14 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
11,829 Posts
My wife keep telling me if I bring it over she is going to swat it out of the air.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 16, 2012, 09:21 PM
Joined Oct 2011
2,619 Posts
Quote:
My wife keep telling me if I bring it over she is going to swat it out of the air.
I don't recommend that
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 16, 2012, 09:33 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
11,829 Posts
Another thing I don't understand with the new mini. Most helis size comes from the main rotor and the mini and GCP are exactly the same size? Also I still say there is no room for a brushless option.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 16, 2012, 09:45 PM
Joined Apr 2002
398 Posts
Quote:
Another thing I don't understand with the new mini. Most helis size comes from the main rotor and the mini and GCP are exactly the same size? Also I still say there is no room for a brushless option.
Well, according to dkfuji, the mini CP can fit a brushless motor...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkfuji View Post
Hate to tell you, but this heli hovers flat level. Even inverted 1/4" of the pavement (I have the swirl marks on the head button to prove it LOL) the heli is dead level solid.

BTW, I now have confirmed that the 4.5g BL motor will fit with no modifications. Its a drop-in. Although, really, it doesn't need it for us intermediate flyers. But hey, why not right???
butter_fingers is offline Find More Posts by butter_fingers
Old Jan 16, 2012, 09:52 PM
will fly for food
United States, CA, Ben Lomond
Joined Mar 2011
1,093 Posts
Anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavekatcher View Post
Just in from a flight. All is good in normal and stunt 1, I switched to stunt 2 and lost it. tail rotor couldn't keep up and piro'd in. Ideas?
Could it have been the tail rotor breaking in half mid-flight? Maybe I didn't notice it was cracked. Seems strange it was fine in stunt1 then flipped to stunt 2 and crash.
wavekatcher is offline Find More Posts by wavekatcher
Old Jan 16, 2012, 10:02 PM
Heli Crash Survivor
United States, AR, North Little Rock
Joined Feb 2011
1,041 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavekatcher View Post
Could it have been the tail rotor breaking in half mid-flight? Maybe I didn't notice it was cracked. Seems strange it was fine in stunt1 then flipped to stunt 2 and crash.
Is your throttle curve higher in stunt 2, maybe it couldn't keep up with a higher head speed. Just a guess I fly normal mode most of the time.
Crash Survivor is offline Find More Posts by Crash Survivor
Old Jan 16, 2012, 10:04 PM
will fly for food
United States, CA, Ben Lomond
Joined Mar 2011
1,093 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash Survivor View Post
Is your throttle curve higher in stunt 2, maybe it couldn't keep up with a higher head speed. Just a guess I fly normal mode most of the time.
Flat 80% stunt 1, flat 100% stunt2. thanks
wavekatcher is offline Find More Posts by wavekatcher