SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 14, 2012, 12:36 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,856 Posts
Sorry guys, but much like I can't use Ebay from Taiwan, you can't use Taiwan Ebay from outside of Taiwan. You need a Taiwan ID to register. Even I live here and I need help from a local friend to order from www.ruten.com.tw

Here's a link to the WK board at 1250NT$ = 41US$

http://goods.ruten.com.tw/item/show?21110131229115

And here's a link to the Devo board at the same price:

http://goods.ruten.com.tw/item/show?21110131233020

I'd ship you guys one but I'm off to Thailand tomorrow. No time to order and ship. I'll be back in the first week of February so if you want one shipped, contact me then. I'll be ordering one for myself right around the first week of February.

Best,
Chris
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 14, 2012, 02:15 AM
Madison WI
Joined Jan 2009
599 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhills51 View Post
Off subject, but epoxy won't stick to the GCP plastic.
I've had good luck welding the plastic with a soldering iron set to about 450 or 500F.
jazzjohn is offline Find More Posts by jazzjohn
Old Jan 14, 2012, 04:30 AM
Heli's and gliders, what else?
Nederland, GE, Slijk-Ewijk
Joined Apr 2006
751 Posts
This is how mine looks after about 20 flights, I recieved the heli just 5 days ago! I think I'll mail the vendor (RC711) to see what they'll say.
Anyway I think I will solder it. I ordered a bunch of micro deans to put on my packs so I'm at it anyway.......
BarnOwl is offline Find More Posts by BarnOwl
Old Jan 14, 2012, 05:19 AM
Joined May 2011
657 Posts
Hi!

Hi!

A new Genius CP owner here! (after only a 5#10 and a CB100)
I've got it a week ago, but since it is my first CP, she already looks much worse, then BownOwl's. My battery cable came off after the 9th flight, and both landing gears are broken. I've glued them with hot glue, and reinforced the tail fin too...

I've changed to mini Deans, and soldered the wire from the down side, but I haven't got soft and thin enought wire, so that first attempt was broken at the first try. So I changed the wire and soldered the Deans in 90 degree (many thanks goes to Livonia Bob). That way they less stressed...

One of my dumpener o-rings already seems to come off in peaces.
Which sized they are? Some spare parts are on the way, but I think I should buy more o-rings anyway...

So far I'm learning to hover it (in a small room), sometimes I can do whole packs without crashing, but often not...

Thanks to you all for the huge amount of useful information in this thread!
FDR
FDR_ is offline Find More Posts by FDR_
Old Jan 14, 2012, 07:55 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2007
1,103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarnOwl View Post
This is how mine looks after about 20 flights, I recieved the heli just 5 days ago! I think I'll mail the vendor (RC711) to see what they'll say.
Anyway I think I will solder it. I ordered a bunch of micro deans to put on my packs so I'm at it anyway.......
That's not good.

I tied my Red & Black power lead down to the bottom of the main motor with a small amount of dental floss.

It acts as a great strain relief, and no matter how hard you pull at the wires, the wires at the solder point of the pcb don't move.
Username> is offline Find More Posts by Username>
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 14, 2012, 08:23 AM
United States, GA
Joined Dec 2011
130 Posts
OK, after reading as much of this thread as my eyes would allow I am close to ordering A GCP!

My spending limit is $400.
Here are my questions:
-I plan on the Devo 7 TX, any reason to get the WK over the 7.
-Should I get 2 regular GCP's (of course one RTF and one ARF).
-One Brushless.
-One Regular and get the brushless kit.
-2 regular and 2 brushless kits (this may be over budget with spare parts).

Here is my spare parts list, anything I don't need or do that is not on the list?
-4 Hyperian batteries.
-1 Tail motor (if going with regular not brushless).
-1 Main shaft.
-1 Servo.
-1 Ball linkage set.
-1 Tail boom.
-1 Main motor (if not brushless).
-1 Swashplate.
-1 Main gear.
-2 Increased pitch tail rotor from WOW.

My skill level is low intermediate and I won't be doing 3D at first but will eventually want to move up to it.

As always thanks for your help,
Moto
MX48 is offline Find More Posts by MX48
Old Jan 14, 2012, 08:32 AM
Tokyo
Joined Jan 2010
700 Posts
Don't get the devo 7. Get the 6 or 8(s).

Look at this before you decide on a gcp. Kind of a bad time to buy a gcp imo.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1570630
bytemuncher is offline Find More Posts by bytemuncher
Old Jan 14, 2012, 09:00 AM
Joined Apr 2006
751 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MX48 View Post
OK, after reading as much of this thread as my eyes would allow I am close to ordering A GCP!

Here are my questions:
-One Brushless.

Here is my spare parts list, anything I don't need or do that is not on the list?
-4 Hyperian batteries.
-1 Main shaft.
-1 Servo.
-1 Ball linkage set.
-1 Tail boom.
-1 Swashplate.
-1 Main gear.

My skill level is low intermediate and I won't be doing 3D at first but will eventually want to move up to it.

Moto
If you spent that much money, invest a few $ more and get a Devo 6. It's a great little radio! I had the same choice (I already own an Aurora 9 for my other heli's) but after seeing Finless as enthousiastic as he was with his Devo 6 I ordered one too.
I think I'm also ordering a second barebone of this great little heli!

I wouldn't wait for Walkera to come out with the CP mini. There's always another heli coming out with Walkera, so you can wait forever.....
Old Jan 14, 2012, 09:07 AM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,528 Posts
Quote:

Looks like you didn't read the tip about using some hot glue there before flying it.. You would of gotten 50 flights out of it then..

Time to rewire it up the correct way from the bottom.. And yes use micro Deans..
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Old Jan 14, 2012, 10:13 AM
Joined Apr 2006
751 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by livonia bob View Post
Looks like you didn't read the tip about using some hot glue there before flying it.. You would of gotten 50 flights out of it then..

Time to rewire it up the correct way from the bottom.. And yes use micro Deans..
Tnx. Bob......I thought I managed to read everything here, but missed that one....
Anyway, I.m going to order a second one! If you see what will be aquired for spares, I might as well.
Old Jan 14, 2012, 10:21 AM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,528 Posts
Quote:
Tnx. Bob......I thought I managed to read everything here, but missed that one....
Anyway, I.m going to order a second one! If you see what will be aquired for spares, I might as well.

Good move,, I keep telling everyone to do this,, you would think I would follow my advise more often.. But I do have three Genius now.. And I bet enough spare parts to make two more if I had the RX's...
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Old Jan 14, 2012, 10:21 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,856 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MX48 View Post

Here are my questions:
-One Brushless.

-4 Hyperian batteries.
-1 Main shaft.
-1 Servo.
-1 Ball linkage set.
-1 Tail boom.
-1 Swashplate.
-1 Main gear.

Moto
Consider adding a couple tail booms to your parts list, a main frame, and a canopy.

Also, I think if you are going to buy two helis, you should consider buying a GCP with transmitter and a Mini CP BNF. That's what I would do if I needed the transmitter.

Best,
Chris
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 14, 2012, 10:32 AM
Buy, Mod, Fly, Sell, Repeat
United States, SC
Joined Apr 2008
2,052 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by damo666 View Post
Vanman, Deux18- Thanks.

I'll try that mCPX rotor.
I use the orange KBDD's. Working great for me.
JHawk19 is offline Find More Posts by JHawk19
Old Jan 14, 2012, 10:46 AM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,636 Posts
The devo7 or WK is a good question!
With the devo7 you will be able to bind with all the new models walkera is releasing, but
that will lock you out of many great sale deals to come.
If you are like me you just want a controller you can use and don't care for the pretty colors the 6 & 8 give. When it comes to the main programming. The seven does everything the 6 & 8 other than a extra channel for the 8. For my main radio I have my Futaba fasst.
mhills51 is online now Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 14, 2012, 01:19 PM
Joined Jan 2012
123 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
Consider adding a couple tail booms to your parts list, a main frame, and a canopy.

Also, I think if you are going to buy two helis, you should consider buying a GCP with transmitter and a Mini CP BNF. That's what I would do if I needed the transmitter.

Best,
Chris
Is it out yet??
distortionist is offline Find More Posts by distortionist