HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 15, 2011, 10:38 PM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
To bad you are asking such a high price plus shipping for the Devo8 Combo At $400 ish for a micro
indoorheli is offline Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 15, 2011, 10:50 PM
United States, CT, Berlin
Joined Jun 2011
238 Posts
In all fairness the package does include a high level tx, I think conservatively equivalent to a dx7i or maybe dx81 (I don't follow the exact feature sets of the hi end remotes)
I definitely think the packages are a good value.
I figure the heli was $160, so i paid $120.00 for my devo6. I don't think that represents anything approaching an unfair price.
In the interests of progressing the hobby, let's each throw in $5.00 to the first person that can video, supply full diagrams, tx settings, and all other information along with a tutorial of a 3 axis/ 6 axis devo controlled clone / genius that flies well. I would love to have a real nice 250 clone with genius rx. You could be all up w/ copterx 250/ plus critical align parts genius rx for like $200. What a nice stable but powerful performer that would be!
What? I got a new tx coming and a whole lot of open model memories to fill! Lol
helimaniac8 is offline Find More Posts by helimaniac8
Old Sep 15, 2011, 11:00 PM
Joined Sep 2011
106 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehirobo View Post
Both the Devo7 and Devo8 versions are in already. Think the Devo7 look better than the 2801 with the all black finish.
The shipping is soo high though...I do want the one with the devo 8 though. To be fair I think 350 is a fair price with the devo8.
scar308 is offline Find More Posts by scar308
Old Sep 15, 2011, 11:01 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Nov 2008
922 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorheli View Post
To bad you are asking such a high price plus shipping for the Devo8 Combo At $400 ish for a micro
Ya, the Devo8 and Devo6 combo are a little expensive...... As both have coloured touch screen display and the Devo8 combo come with extra receiver so you can use on your other large heli's. The Devo7 combo seems to be better value... if you don't want the touch screen and colour display.........
ehirobo is offline Find More Posts by ehirobo
Old Sep 15, 2011, 11:03 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Nov 2008
922 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scar308 View Post
The shipping is soo high though...I do want the one with the devo 8 though. To be fair I think 350 is a fair price with the devo8.
Cause the box is huge..... as the package is much much bigger than the one with Devo6 tx. The Devo 6 much smaller than regular tx......
Old Sep 15, 2011, 11:03 PM
Joined Sep 2011
106 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helimaniac8 View Post
In all fairness the package does include a high level tx, I think conservatively equivalent to a dx7i or maybe dx81 (I don't follow the exact feature sets of the hi end remotes)
I definitely think the packages are a good value.
I figure the heli was $160, so i paid $120.00 for my devo6. I don't think that represents anything approaching an unfair price.
In the interests of progressing the hobby, let's each throw in $5.00 to the first person that can video, supply full diagrams, tx settings, and all other information along with a tutorial of a 3 axis/ 6 axis devo controlled clone / genius that flies well. I would love to have a real nice 250 clone with genius rx. You could be all up w/ copterx 250/ plus critical align parts genius rx for like $200. What a nice stable but powerful performer that would be!
What? I got a new tx coming and a whole lot of open model memories to fill! Lol
Man you think bigger then I do. I was thinking of putting it in a tricked out m120!
How would you work out the tail servo on the copterx250?
scar308 is offline Find More Posts by scar308
Old Sep 15, 2011, 11:04 PM
2 seconds from crashing
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
I guess i am still use to the 2801 and the $40 it added over a rtf heli set.

Yes it does have a higher level tx but I am sure more places will have that combo for around $300 soon. If I were (never would) to purchase from Stew the price is $313 plus shipping right now
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by indoorheli; Sep 15, 2011 at 11:17 PM.
Old Sep 15, 2011, 11:05 PM
2 seconds from crashing
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehirobo View Post
Ya, the Devo8 and Devo6 combo are a little expensive...... As both have coloured touch screen display and the Devo8 combo come with extra receiver so you can use on your other large heli's. The Devo7 combo seems to be better value... if you don't want the touch screen and colour display.........
Can you offer the devo8 combo without the extra rx for cheaper? I am not interested in the new 2801 even though black looks nicer than silver. I am also not interested in a micro Devo tx so the 6 wont work for me

Also does the devo rx's have unique codes per rx or is it still random binding?
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 15, 2011, 11:18 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Nov 2008
922 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorheli View Post
Can you offer the devo8 combo without the extra rx for cheaper? I am not interested in the new 2801 even though black looks nicer than silver. I am also not interested in a micro Devo tx so the 6 wont work for me

Also does the devo rx's have unique codes per rx or is it still random binding?
The Devo use unique code. The "new 2801" is the DEVO 7 radio. It run in Devo system not the old walkera system. Even it looks like a black 2801pro.
Old Sep 15, 2011, 11:20 PM
Joined Jun 2011
238 Posts
Well i have heard guys making the mcpx rx work on 450's, but i think it involved a lot of hacking, and I would want it a bit prettier I guess, no second rx without FBl for the tail stuff, so rethinking, unless one of the masterminds come up with some serious inventiveness we have to wait and see just how far walkera goes with 6 axis. Does anyone think it was a one off for genius only, or are we likely to see it in a range if products. I think also that we will see some form of newer m120, and even if there is no 6 axis, I think it will have a very smooth rx!
I am hopefull that this sudden leap forward, as opposed to the steady but slower progress on the older rx's
Is here to stay. How awesome will an m120 with genius level smoothness be!
I definitely would spend $60 a pop to improve my fleet of main motor driven 120's
I somehow don't believe the early reports that we got to send all our old rx's in for devo compatible stuff! I lovewalkera and all but even I don't think that one will come to pass!
Old Sep 15, 2011, 11:22 PM
2 seconds from crashing
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Good to hear about the unique codes. Is this also true for the devo genius?

On the devo 7 I know it looks like he old 2801 but in black. I had like 4 or 5 of those tx's and I don't need a black one on a different 2.4 protocol and one less channel and is why i want the devo8
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 15, 2011, 11:56 PM
crashing bbl
Tucson, Az.
Joined Feb 2011
101 Posts
i still cant decide to get the package with the devo6 or 8... I am looking for a decent long term tx so maybe the 8?
mrpaint is offline Find More Posts by mrpaint
Old Sep 15, 2011, 11:57 PM
UK
Joined Jul 2007
2,678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpaint View Post
i still cant decide to get the package with the devo6 or 8... I am looking for a decent long term tx so maybe the 8?
here is a joint review of 6 and 8

Part 1 :
Walkera Devention 8 and 6 Radios Review Part I (8 min 16 sec)

Part 2 : http://www.youtube.com/user/alishanm...20/sMwzg47_JVU

Regards David
Hellraser is offline Find More Posts by Hellraser
Last edited by Hellraser; Sep 16, 2011 at 01:18 AM.
Old Sep 16, 2011, 12:04 AM
crashing bbl
Tucson, Az.
Joined Feb 2011
101 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellraser View Post
here is a joint review of 6 and 8

http://www.youtube.com/user/alishanm...20/sMwzg47_JVU

Regards David
thanks a lot

I think after watching that the devo6 will work for everything I will ever do with helis... at some point down the road when I build a larger cp, I will only have to purchase another rx and it should work fine.
mrpaint is offline Find More Posts by mrpaint
Last edited by mrpaint; Sep 16, 2011 at 12:17 AM.
Old Sep 16, 2011, 01:39 AM
Joined Jun 2011
238 Posts
Hellraser, always with the helpful hand! Thanks buddy! I ordered already, but at least I feel good about my decision. I am looking forward to rocking that cute little tx!