<Marty>
United States, KY, Springfield
Joined Jul 2011
1,946 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondM View Post
Here is a better deal on the losi connectors you need:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-x-Losi-Mi...item19caf2b3c0
yup its cheaper but it comes from Hong Kong ...so its a trade off on paying less and waiting up to a month to get your package or pay a little more and get them in a few days....choice is up to the buyer

good luck...
magic_marty is online now Find More Posts by magic_marty
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 28, 2011, 08:11 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Oct 2011
847 Posts
I think you should replace the original walkera plugs to micro dean like i did and it really wake up the motor! i use 24awg silicon wire with micro dean on both rx and battery.
OnceAFly is offline Find More Posts by OnceAFly
Old Nov 28, 2011, 12:30 PM
Big Island of Hawaii
Joined Jan 2011
247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzjohn View Post
Do you also use trims in addition to tilting the receiver?
No trim or subtrim required.
RD
rldeveer is offline Find More Posts by rldeveer
Old Nov 28, 2011, 01:32 PM
Tennesee
Joined Feb 2007
504 Posts
I took a little time away from Helis and just started looking at what was available.

I was flying a CB100 while on the road in motel rooms after moving up from an MSR. Both were fun, just different. The MSR was nearly indestructible , the CB100 not so much. I used a 2401 TX with the handle removed and the antenna tucked inside the case to save space.

Now I am looking at the GCP for on the road/motel room use. I have a 2801 Pro but am considering getting the Devo 6 as it is smaller and the color screen is just so tempting. So is the Devo 6 worth the extra cost for the space saving and the color screen? Are there any other benefits that would make it worth it?
vanman2004b is offline Find More Posts by vanman2004b
Old Nov 28, 2011, 01:43 PM
NYC
Joined Aug 2010
2,246 Posts
Damage RX

Anyone had to replace the onboard FBL system/RX due to crashes from practing 3Ds? I just want to see how durable are the Walkera FBL system compare to Elife Mcpx? I damaged my 3-1 board on my mcpx practicing 3D.
Torch8 is offline Find More Posts by Torch8
Old Nov 28, 2011, 02:08 PM
UK
Joined Jul 2007
2,678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch8 View Post
Anyone had to replace the onboard FBL system/RX due to crashes from practing 3Ds? I just want to see how durable are the Walkera FBL system compare to Elife Mcpx? I damaged my 3-1 board on my mcpx practicing 3D.
Not heard any horror stories of people damaging Rx's or burning out Fets the only one I have heard was nytflyer's which sounds like it was it was a poorly soldered but Dave (Farmer) sorted that out for him.

Regards David
Hellraser is offline Find More Posts by Hellraser
Old Nov 28, 2011, 05:27 PM
Joined Oct 2010
229 Posts
Quote:
I took a little time away from Helis and just started looking at what was available.

I was flying a CB100 while on the road in motel rooms after moving up from an MSR. Both were fun, just different. The MSR was nearly indestructible , the CB100 not so much. I used a 2401 TX with the handle removed and the antenna tucked inside the case to save space.

Now I am looking at the GCP for on the road/motel room use. I have a 2801 Pro but am considering getting the Devo 6 as it is smaller and the color screen is just so tempting. So is the Devo 6 worth the extra cost for the space saving and the color screen? Are there any other benefits that would make it worth it?
Why would you want a cp heli for cruising around a motel room? Why not a good coaxial like the MCX2?
Mickmeister is offline Find More Posts by Mickmeister
Old Nov 28, 2011, 05:38 PM
Tennesee
Joined Feb 2007
504 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickmeister View Post
Why would you want a cp heli for cruising around a motel room? Why not a good coaxial like the MCX2?

Looks like it might be more fun than the CB100.
vanman2004b is offline Find More Posts by vanman2004b
Old Nov 28, 2011, 05:48 PM
Joined Aug 2009
5,082 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickmeister View Post
Mcpx Bathroom Flight (2 min 0 sec)

posted by indoorheli

i812 is offline Find More Posts by i812
Old Nov 28, 2011, 06:01 PM
Joined Nov 2011
15 Posts
New genius pilot here (and Trex 100s, but let's not go there...). I'm running everything pretty much stock, but after hovering a full pack (about 4:30) the main motor casing is too hot to touch. Is this something to be concerned about?

I'm using Tom Z's beginner curves, ST-1 mode. Hover is around 50% throttle.
jeremyc is offline Find More Posts by jeremyc
Old Nov 28, 2011, 06:12 PM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Oct 2011
847 Posts
Well...you can dip it into the water to cool it down
OnceAFly is offline Find More Posts by OnceAFly
Old Nov 28, 2011, 07:38 PM
United States, CA, Mt Shasta
Joined Jun 2010
2,705 Posts
messed up this entry
shastamike is online now Find More Posts by shastamike
Last edited by shastamike; Nov 28, 2011 at 07:41 PM. Reason: messed up this entry
Old Nov 28, 2011, 10:40 PM
Joined Oct 2010
229 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by i812 View Post
Hahaha! Love it!
Mickmeister is offline Find More Posts by Mickmeister
Old Nov 28, 2011, 11:21 PM
Australia...we live inverted.
Joined May 2008
5,409 Posts
Those of you that have both an MCpx and a Genius...

Will a genius canopy (one piece new version) physically fit on an MCPx?

Don't mind relocating the canopy grommets, trimming the lipo area etc. Physically are they close enough in size?

Thanks

Amp
Ampdraw is offline Find More Posts by Ampdraw
Old Nov 29, 2011, 12:17 AM
WarpQuad, Flip260FPV, etc.
Tampa,FL
Joined Dec 2003
1,281 Posts
I ordered some of the Hyperion 320mah 25c cells in the hopes they would fit into the genuis. They are quite a bit longer, about 2mm wider, and a little thinner than my 240mah 25c hyperions. I got one wired up tonight so I can try it out tomorrow and see if it's worth the extra weight and hassle of fitting them in the genuis...They can be slid into the stock battery holder if you trim off the two little plastic ribs that are inside the battery holder and they fit very tight so I'm not too worried about them coming out.

Anyway figured I'de post a few pics for anyone wondering about them and if they can be used. The weight difference is very small so I don't think that will be a problem.

candy76man is online now Find More Posts by candy76man