HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 26, 2011, 02:43 PM
Joined Jan 2009
55 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
In fact this helicopter is quite similar to the ones I have created from a V120D06 heli with Blade mCP X plastic blades, V100D03BL rotor head and a 5G6 motor in direct drive for tail. It's my best little heli for me.

But if the Genius with its little TX has a good autonomy in 3D (around 4 minutes) and has good servos... yes it will be a very nice small helicopter.

Better fluidity in clicking on the link on the top of the image
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsRs2..._order&list=UL

Roland
helicopsi is offline Find More Posts by helicopsi
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 26, 2011, 02:55 PM
Joined Jul 2011
1,389 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkfuji View Post
It is indeed a Walkera. AUW is 41g with the supplied 200mah pack. The cool thing is, it comes with a small Devo 6 Tx. Its about the size of a Eflite 4e with a color touch screen and full programming except for TH. I really haven't had much time to test fly her but the heli is actually much smaller than a V100 and does not use the 4G3 maingear. It looks more like the old 4#3 gear.
DK, devo6 is like the walkera new Devo8 and dev012, incompatible with old rx. I have asked wow about the the new release of V200D03 and V100dD08 but they email me back they won't carry any heli not compatible with tx WK2801-pro. i.e they won't carry those heli with new tx devo8 like V100d08 and v200d03. Do you have any idea?
wlee1017 is offline Find More Posts by wlee1017
Old Aug 26, 2011, 03:30 PM
RC Helis: My Healthy Obsession
The OC, California
Joined Feb 2007
3,159 Posts
What they chose to carry is really their business. It might be possible in the future if Walkera is willing to replace all of the old Rx's free of charge to make everything compatible to the new Tx's. Right now, the owners are not going to carry a heli you have to buy a new incompatible system to fly. This may change though, since all of the new helis are Devo type.
dkfuji is offline Find More Posts by dkfuji
Old Aug 26, 2011, 04:38 PM
Joined Jul 2011
1,389 Posts
Yeah, I heard and saw thread post by hobbyone that walkera may provide free upgrade to rx so that old incompatible heli system can work with new devo tx. I am still try all means and keep in touch with walkera / distributor on free rx upgrade issue but no update yet.
wlee1017 is offline Find More Posts by wlee1017
Old Aug 26, 2011, 04:49 PM
No Longer Active
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
It is indeed a Walkera. AUW is 41g with the supplied 200mah pack. The cool thing is, it comes with a small Devo 6 Tx. Its about the size of a Eflite 4e with a color touch screen and full programming except for TH. I really haven't had much time to test fly her but the heli is actually much smaller than a V100 and does not use the 4G3 maingear. It looks more like the old 4#3 gear.
Any idea when the official release will be?
pitchp is offline Find More Posts by pitchp
Old Aug 26, 2011, 05:51 PM
RC Helis: My Healthy Obsession
The OC, California
Joined Feb 2007
3,159 Posts
Really have no idea. Usually, if I get to fly a sample, the production run follows in a couple of weeks or so and they are available a couple of weeks after that. Give or take....
dkfuji is offline Find More Posts by dkfuji
Old Aug 26, 2011, 06:32 PM
No Longer Active
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
thank you
pitchp is offline Find More Posts by pitchp
Old Aug 26, 2011, 06:56 PM
Micro-Heli-Concepts
Australia, NSW, Blacktown
Joined Dec 2006
4,984 Posts
Oh Dear!
I just know Iam going to regret subscribing to this thread.
jasonjetski is offline Find More Posts by jasonjetski
Old Aug 26, 2011, 06:59 PM
MicroHeliPilot III
Florida
Joined Aug 2010
150 Posts
Looks good, hope it doesn't turn out to be a 'never exists outside of videos' machine like the indestructible Diamond 3ch Coax
FreakFlow is offline Find More Posts by FreakFlow
Old Aug 26, 2011, 08:55 PM
United States, NJ, Manville
Joined May 2006
1,578 Posts
Why did walkera name their new transmitter after a horrible pop band from the 80s ?
skizziks is offline Find More Posts by skizziks
Old Aug 26, 2011, 11:05 PM
UK
Joined Jul 2007
2,678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skizziks View Post
Why did walkera name their new transmitter after a horrible pop band from the 80s ?
Devention or Devo for short may not be a great name but its a hell of a lot better than 2679 or some other obscure code - maybe if they had given it a name like Skizziks it would have been better and more universally understood

Regards David
Hellraser is offline Find More Posts by Hellraser
Old Aug 27, 2011, 01:09 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,295 Posts
I think the MCPx will survive the crashes in that video as well, although it will not be able to get up an go immediately. A linkage, the main gear, and possibly the skid may be displaced and you will have to snap them back together again. This is definitely done on purpose to enhance crash survival. The Genius CP appears to have a much more rigid construction which is not supposed to be good for crashes.

Since inexperienced fliers are much more likely to crash to at a greater height and speed. It would be interesting to see how the Genius CP fare. Another issue is that durability is against the model that Walkera has been pursuing for years. It limits the sales of replacement parts. I wonder whether there will be problems with the reliablity of electronic parts.

Walkera claims that it has a 6 axis gyro for beginners and 3 axis gyro for experts. I wonder how that works. Still if Walkera gets it right this time, impending releases from Nine Eagle and Align are probably going to be much more severely affected than the MCPx.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Aug 27, 2011, 01:30 AM
2011 - Year of the clones!!!
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Nov 2010
2,759 Posts
Looks extremely promising, seems Walkera are paying attention.
Frank_fjs is offline Find More Posts by Frank_fjs
Old Aug 27, 2011, 05:28 AM
Vienna calling...
Österreich, Wien
Joined Aug 2010
1,436 Posts
Cool - but I do not think, the tailboom wont break in a "correct" crash

Like it breaks in all the other tiny Walkera helis and in the mCP x.
The crashes shown in the vid are rather "unnatural" - anyway, 4g3 blades would have broken.

Walter
Donaldsneffe is offline Find More Posts by Donaldsneffe
Old Aug 27, 2011, 12:55 PM
Joined Jan 2007
516 Posts
Quote:
can you post picture of the v100d03 and the Genius side by side?

using the 4-3 main gear is a smart move. That gear has a different mod with bigger theets, and it is not so easily damaged as the 4g3 one.
hugo-norway is offline Find More Posts by hugo-norway
Last edited by hugo-norway; Aug 27, 2011 at 04:32 PM.