HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 06, 2011, 09:11 PM
morgantown, wv
Joined Mar 2004
2,439 Posts
I am going to look into some small airplane props and see what i can find. I refuse to pay all that money just for the tail blade.
buster7467 is offline Find More Posts by buster7467
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 06, 2011, 09:14 PM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,517 Posts
I just can't believe that the V3 rotor is better than the Genius stock rotor.. As Walkera made a new mold for this rotor you would think that they tested it out first... I'm having no blowout problems with my stock Genius..
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Old Oct 06, 2011, 09:15 PM
UK
Joined Jul 2007
2,678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
In a way, I would prefer Walkera sells a complete boom solution like Eflight. I have absolutely scared of having to solder the small wires. I will probably have to pay somebody to do it and this will end up costing more than the MCPx boom.
Yes the whole boom assembly is only @ $10 but unfortunately it needs soldering - I will be making up a spare for mine so when the tail motor goes its plug and play but it would be easier if it was already done for us.

There is a Idea Darryl for wow plug and play tail assemblies

Regards David
Hellraser is offline Find More Posts by Hellraser
Old Oct 06, 2011, 09:19 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,003 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by livonia bob View Post
I just can't believe that the V3 rotor is better than the Genius stock rotor.. As Walkera made a new mold for this rotor you would think that they tested it out first... I'm having no blowout problems with my stock Genius..
I think Buster was referring to a Brushless Genius CP. I have only a blowout once when I tried to flip it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellraser View Post
Yes the whole boom assembly is only @ $10 but unfortunately it needs soldering - I will be making up a spare for mine so when the tail motor goes its plug and play but it would be easier if it was already done for us.

There is a Idea Darryl for wow plug and play tail assemblies

Regards David
I wonder how difficult it is to sold those tiny wires?
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Oct 06, 2011, 09:27 PM
UK
Joined Jul 2007
2,678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
I think Buster was referring to a Brushless Genius CP. I have only a blowout once when I tried to flip it.

I wonder how difficult it is to sold those tiny wires?
Not bad to solder if you have the technique down OK Just don't forget to put the heat shrink on first as I once did

Right so are you saying that e-flight will sell the rotor on its own but wow will not sell you one unless you have the whole brushless tail assembly

Regards David
Old Oct 06, 2011, 09:27 PM
morgantown, wv
Joined Mar 2004
2,439 Posts
Yea i was talking about the brushless setup. I don't like to run alot of pitch in my main blades so i think the stock tail set up will work for me. I hope it does. lol
buster7467 is offline Find More Posts by buster7467
Old Oct 06, 2011, 09:36 PM
Joined Oct 2010
226 Posts
Quote:
OK you know now that there should be only the one white wire..

What TX and are you turning on the TX then plugging in the heli quickly and setting it up right and level?? Mine will not bind unless it up right but I'm in 6 axis mode so don't know if this is the same in 3 axis....
Thanks to all who verified that things are looking correct.

The transmitter is the Devo 8. I just spent the last twenty minutes trying to get it to bind, but no luck. Bob, I tried your suggestion of making sure it was level before connecting the batt - still no luck. The LED just keeps flashing red.
Mickmeister is offline Find More Posts by Mickmeister
Old Oct 06, 2011, 09:38 PM
los angeles,ca
Joined May 2010
2,482 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by buster7467 View Post
Yea i was talking about the brushless setup. I don't like to run alot of pitch in my main blades so i think the stock tail set up will work for me. I hope it does. lol
I don't have any problem with the stock t/r just getting tail wag from bent t/r blade so I try mcpx t/r next will be the solo pro t/r. I had the mcpx t/r because I have mcpx. My BL Genius tail held great with stock t/r but I like to try different things since those to heli are close in size I gave a test. I even tried the v100D03 main blades next will be the mcpx main blades. That little motor has more than enough power for now. Even handle some pretty strong winds.
vronny is offline Find More Posts by vronny
Old Oct 06, 2011, 09:45 PM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,517 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickmeister View Post
Thanks to all who verified that things are looking correct.

The transmitter is the Devo 8. I just spent the last twenty minutes trying to get it to bind, but no luck. Bob, I tried your suggestion of making sure it was level before connecting the batt - still no luck. The LED just keeps flashing red.
Doesn't have to be up right when plugging it in just has to be up right for it to bind.. I can turn on the 2801 then plug in the heli,, let it sit on my lap for 5 minutes and watch the flashing light.. Then set it down upright wait a couple of seconds watch the blades twitch and fly away..

Maybe you got a 2801 RX by mistake,, if so I'll give you 75 bucks for the Genius..
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Old Oct 06, 2011, 09:52 PM
Joined Oct 2010
226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by livonia bob View Post
Doesn't have to be up right when plugging it in just has to be up right for it to bind.. I can turn on the 2801 then plug in the heli,, let it sit on my lap for 5 minutes and watch the flashing light.. Then set it down upright wait a couple of seconds watch the blades twitch and fly away..

Maybe you got a 2801 RX by mistake,, if so I'll give you 75 bucks for the Genius..
I definitely had it level. Not likely that they gave me the wrong receiver, since it's claimed to have been test flown...
Old Oct 06, 2011, 09:58 PM
ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıbǝɹ
United States, FL, Lutz
Joined Sep 2011
224 Posts
Did it come with a Genius model preconfigured? Have you made sure that the fixed ID is disabled? have you tried one of the default models, just to see if they bind? (I'm just shooting in the dark here )
ScottAllyn is offline Find More Posts by ScottAllyn
Old Oct 06, 2011, 10:16 PM
Joined Oct 2010
226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottAllyn View Post
Did it come with a Genius model preconfigured? Have you made sure that the fixed ID is disabled? have you tried one of the default models, just to see if they bind? (I'm just shooting in the dark here )
Yes, there's a setting for the Genius. As for fixed ID, I did assign one to it, but after I realized it wouldn't bind I turned fixed ID off. So I assume it shouldn't be interfering...
Old Oct 06, 2011, 10:24 PM
UK
Joined Jul 2007
2,678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickmeister View Post
Yes, there's a setting for the Genius. As for fixed ID, I did assign one to it, but after I realized it wouldn't bind I turned fixed ID off. So I assume it shouldn't be interfering...
when you set fixed ID did you press match button ?

Regards David
Old Oct 06, 2011, 10:34 PM
<Marty>
United States, KY, Springfield
Joined Jul 2011
1,456 Posts
not sure about the binding but both of mine will bind no matter haw they are setting...as long as they are perfectly still and no movement ....i binded them laying on there side and it had no affect on the gyros they still flew just the same as if i bind them sitting on there skids....
magic_marty is offline Find More Posts by magic_marty
Last edited by magic_marty; Oct 06, 2011 at 10:35 PM. Reason: typo
Old Oct 06, 2011, 10:46 PM
<Marty>
United States, KY, Springfield
Joined Jul 2011
1,456 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by buster7467 View Post
I am going to look into some small airplane props and see what i can find. I refuse to pay all that money just for the tail blade.
WOW has the v3 listed separately but they are out of stock....and no telling when it will be back in stock...
magic_marty is offline Find More Posts by magic_marty