HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 27, 2011, 01:52 PM
NYC
Joined Aug 2010
1,941 Posts
Wind handling

How does it handle the wind (3-axis gyro)? Better or same as Mcpx since they're both very light. I would be flying it outdoor alot and I got Mcpx already,
Mcpx is great at handling wind.
Torch8 is online now Find More Posts by Torch8
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 27, 2011, 01:59 PM
UK
Joined Jul 2007
2,678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scar308 View Post
How do you set up th with the devo8? seems like i cannot find how to set it up!

Also when setting up the d/r and expo there is two lines to change for each one. do we change both lines?
The top box on the DR/Expo page is for selecting the function - tap on it and you will get the full list Elevator, aileron and rudder - choose the one you want.

Box below it is for which switch setting you want to change 0, 1, 2

Before and after the 2 lines there is a single arrow if you activate that then it changes both lines together much easier than trying to do each one separately.

Regards David
Hellraser is offline Find More Posts by Hellraser
Old Sep 27, 2011, 02:05 PM
High Flyer
United Kingdom, Diss
Joined Aug 2011
140 Posts
Thanks for the info on where to get one. Just wondering also, after reading the whole thread, am I right in thinking the devo8 tx has the edge on the 2801 tx, as I was going to go with the devo 8.. thanks.. :-)
Back4More is offline Find More Posts by Back4More
Old Sep 27, 2011, 02:14 PM
UK
Joined Jul 2007
2,678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back4More View Post
Thanks for the info on where to get one. Just wondering also, after reading the whole thread, am I right in thinking the devo8 tx has the edge on the 2801 tx, as I was going to go with the devo 8.. thanks.. :-)
In my opinion the devo touch screen is a much better interface and easier to use than the 2801 - however there is one drawback - color screens are more difficult to read in strong sunlight - not that that is much of a problem in the UK two sunny days and there talking about hose pipe bans and water shortages.

Regards David
Old Sep 27, 2011, 02:29 PM
Micro Helicopter Electrician
Central California Coast
Joined May 2008
2,643 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottAllyn View Post
I'm all the way up to -60% expo on my RUDD; I'm just too used to the super-snappy tail on my beefed up V120d01. My MSR feels ridiculously sluggish in comparison.
Yeah, I'm finding the same thing for my taste as well. I'm currently at -30% RUDD expo and need more.

Regards,
John
1Hammer is offline Find More Posts by 1Hammer
Old Sep 27, 2011, 02:39 PM
Madison WI
Joined Jan 2009
587 Posts
Any Devo 6 owners here?

I like the small format. It has the same power, but a smaller and fixed antenna. I don't think range will be an issue for micro flying.

One drawback would be a lack of TH switch.
jazzjohn is online now Find More Posts by jazzjohn
Old Sep 27, 2011, 02:43 PM
UK
Joined Jul 2007
2,678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzjohn View Post
I like the small format. It has the same power, but a smaller and fixed antenna. I don't think range will be an issue for micro flying.

One drawback would be a lack of TH switch.
what have you got linked to the gear switch John ? you could always use that - but I would agree 4 switches is not enough for a modern Tx

Regards David
Old Sep 27, 2011, 02:48 PM
Joined Sep 2011
106 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellraser View Post
The top box on the DR/Expo page is for selecting the function - tap on it and you will get the full list Elevator, aileron and rudder - choose the one you want.

Box below it is for which switch setting you want to change 0, 1, 2

Before and after the 2 lines there is a single arrow if you activate that then it changes both lines together much easier than trying to do each one separately.

Regards David
Thanks man....will be doing that soon.

How to you set throttle hold? I have it set to rudd d/r but nothing happens! So far i dont see any adjustment for TH.
scar308 is offline Find More Posts by scar308
Old Sep 27, 2011, 02:57 PM
UK
Joined Jul 2007
2,678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scar308 View Post
Thanks man....will be doing that soon.

How to you set throttle hold? I have it set to rudd d/r but nothing happens! So far i dont see any adjustment for TH.
The icon with the cog on it should lead to the screen with the throttle hold icon on it - As warned by Tom set it to zero not a negative number and have trim centered - then check its working on the monitor screen before a live test same with dual rates you can check they are working from the monitor screen.

Hope this helps....

Regards David
Old Sep 27, 2011, 03:55 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
19,486 Posts
I have one

You can assign functions to different switches

Go o device output

Place TH on mix 1.2

QUOTE=jazzjohn;19437356]I like the small format. It has the same power, but a smaller and fixed antenna. I don't think range will be an issue for micro flying.

One drawback would be a lack of TH switch.[/QUOTE]
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Sep 27, 2011, 04:26 PM
Joined Mar 2010
497 Posts
Ho hum waiting on my new tail motor before i can fly it again! GRrr only did about 3 light crashes and its broken. The same thing happened to my V100D03BL only a small crash and the tail motor stops.
helicraze is offline Find More Posts by helicraze
Old Sep 27, 2011, 04:37 PM
UK
Joined Jul 2007
2,678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helicraze View Post
Ho hum waiting on my new tail motor before i can fly it again! GRrr only did about 3 light crashes and its broken. The same thing happened to my V100D03BL only a small crash and the tail motor stops.
I think you have been very unlucky most of us have had a few crashes without damage - did you double check the tail motor shaft is not bent ?

Regards David
Old Sep 27, 2011, 04:51 PM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,517 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellraser View Post
I think you have been very unlucky most of us have had a few crashes without damage - did you double check the tail motor shaft is not bent ?

Regards David
Or he didn't push the rotor all the way up the shaft with his fingers while holding the end cap with his thumb.. And now the end cap is loose and the brushes are bent..
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Old Sep 27, 2011, 06:14 PM
Things that do fly
In my house ;-) The uk
Joined Dec 2008
2,704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helicraze View Post
Hey i saw you inverted in the house,she flipped over quite quick there,,what tx settings are you using ?
Magic k2 is offline Find More Posts by Magic k2
Old Sep 27, 2011, 08:54 PM
morgantown, wv
Joined Mar 2004
2,439 Posts
After hearing that the genius will bind and fly with the original 2801tx i am going to go ahead and get back into this hobby with the genius heli. I can't wait to start flying again. It has been almost 3 years since i have actually flown a heli. Up until a couple months ago i was using the 2801tx for my sim on the computer.
buster7467 is offline Find More Posts by buster7467