Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Sep 23, 2011, 09:59 PM
<Marty>
United States, KY, Springfield
Joined Jul 2011
1,776 Posts
how does the micro deans plug size up to the walkera molex connector ....i mean is it bigger or smaller?

thanks...
magic_marty is offline Find More Posts by magic_marty
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 23, 2011, 10:00 PM
<Marty>
United States, KY, Springfield
Joined Jul 2011
1,776 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracknoob View Post
Yup, I put -40 expo into the RUDD for my own 2801Pro based on great advice from right here, and that made the tail a lot more comfortable, and while it doesn't piro like an ice dancer, the tail does get around okay, now. The main thing is it HOLDS -- no blowouts!

i did the same only i i went over the 100% on the DR ...seems to be doing fine....and as far as the piro speed it seems the same as the Devo 7 ....
magic_marty is offline Find More Posts by magic_marty
Old Sep 23, 2011, 11:05 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,258 Posts
for those with the devo 6 rtf models

in normal mode, how much throttle can you apply before you can hear motor bog?

also

what about idle up for bogging?
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Sep 23, 2011, 11:07 PM
UK
Joined Jul 2007
2,678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29 View Post
for those with the devo 6 rtf models

in normal mode, how much throttle can you apply before you can hear motor bog?

also

what about idle up for bogging?
what pitch curves are you running Razor

Regards David
Hellraser is offline Find More Posts by Hellraser
Old Sep 23, 2011, 11:26 PM
I crash therefore I am
Queensland Australia
Joined Nov 2007
876 Posts
Hi all,

I got my 2801 version RTF this week and absolutely love it already. This is the 4g3 we thought we were getting 3 years ago. Plus 3 axis stabilization. Amazing.

My question concerns tail trim. I am having to dial in full right tail trim to get it to hold. It will stay but I have even had to resort to 150 clicks of right rudder sub trim and bind with full left trim travel to give me enough right travel to hold. I know this is not normal but can't find any rx rudder adjustment and so have to use just tx methods. Any advice appreciated.

Vimd
Vimd is offline Find More Posts by Vimd
Old Sep 23, 2011, 11:31 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,258 Posts
stock, or what it came with

says

normal

100, -67, -33, 0, 33, 67, 100 (which are 7 points I guess?)

the output for these points is

-15, 0, +12, +25, +36, +49, +60 (does this mean that mid stick is 25+)

I'm still trying to figure this radio out - not sure on pitch/throttle curves
in this scree, there is also a function called :EXP - off/on - no idea what this is.

anyways

idle up is

-55, -37, -18, 0, +20, +40, +60

also

for some reason, with some of these output for each point, there is a button saying "status" - active or inhibit? not sure, why I wouldn't want that point active? it comes default to inhibit?

weird

anyone on here figure out the throttle curve/pitch curve settings menu's for Devo 6 or 8?

also

why does it ask me for servo hold when entering pitch/throttle curves?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellraser View Post
what pitch curves are you running Razor

Regards David
Last edited by Razors edge 29; Sep 23, 2011 at 11:36 PM.
Old Sep 23, 2011, 11:43 PM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vimd View Post
Hi all,

I got my 2801 version RTF this week and absolutely love it already. This is the 4g3 we thought we were getting 3 years ago. Plus 3 axis stabilization. Amazing.

My question concerns tail trim. I am having to dial in full right tail trim to get it to hold. It will stay but I have even had to resort to 150 clicks of right rudder sub trim and bind with full left trim travel to give me enough right travel to hold. I know this is not normal but can't find any rx rudder adjustment and so have to use just tx methods. Any advice appreciated.

Vimd
What are your gyro settings?? and do you have it set to be on??
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Old Sep 23, 2011, 11:46 PM
I crash therefore I am
Queensland Australia
Joined Nov 2007
876 Posts
82% on 0 and 1.

Yes it is on.

I've tried higher and lower. Doesn't seem to make much differerene. Is higher more tail gyro sensitivity?
Vimd is offline Find More Posts by Vimd
Old Sep 23, 2011, 11:48 PM
UK
Joined Jul 2007
2,678 Posts
Quote:
stock, or what it came with

says

normal

100, -67, -33, 0, 33, 67, 100 (which are 7 points I guess?)

the output for these points is

-15, 0, +12, +25, +36, +49, +60 (does this mean that mid stick is 25+)

I'm still trying to figure this radio out - not sure on pitch/throttle curves
in this scree, there is also a function called :EXP - off/on - no idea what this is.

anyways

idle up is

-55, -37, -18, 0, +20, +40, +60

also

for some reason, with some of these output for each point, there is a button saying "status" - active or inhibit? not sure, why I wouldn't want that point active? it comes default to inhibit?

weird

anyone on here figure out the throttle curve/pitch curve settings menu's for Devo 6 or 8?

I'm thinking of changing H to maybe 85%/

idle up is -100, -67, -33, 0, 33, 67, 100
yes its always difficult to translate curve's into true pitch but "IF" they have done the same old trick with 5 deg pitch at center stick - I suspect its 5 deg = 25 then 60 = 12 deg - if you have two much pitch then it labors the motor and can cause it to bog down.

unless you really want to throw it around I would drop the pitch to 9 or 10 deg = which I suspect is 5 = 1 deg

you can set as many points as you wish for a straight line curve you only need to set two - first and last.

Hope this helps .....

Regards David
Old Sep 23, 2011, 11:59 PM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,522 Posts
Quote:
82% on 0 and 1.

Yes it is on.

I've tried higher and lower. Doesn't seem to make much differerene. Is higher more tail gyro sensitivity?
Higher is/should be more set "0" to 90% and "1" to 80% and switch back and forth to see which one is better,,,, say "1" feels better,, then change "0": to 85 and "1" to 75 test again keep dong this till you get it dialed in moving the two values closer together but not the same so you have a choice.. After all no reason to have a switch if both are the same,, Like you flip the light switch up and the light is on,, you flip the switch down and the light is on what's the point of having a switch if you have to unscrew the HOT bulb to get in the dark..
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Old Sep 24, 2011, 12:03 AM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,258 Posts
Dave

it does help thanks

I was contemplating lowering top end, low end seems fine and doesn't bog much, if at all.

so, your saying that if I change the L and H settings, the other settings will follow suit, or do you mean just the top and bottom should be changed to stop bogging?

also

idle up has higher RPM's, and seems to bog less than normal mode, yet top end is the same?

sorry for tall the questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellraser View Post
yes its always difficult to translate curve's into true pitch but "IF" they have done the same old trick with 5 deg pitch at center stick - I suspect its 5 deg = 25 then 60 = 12 deg - if you have two much pitch then it labors the motor and can cause it to bog down.

unless you really want to throw it around I would drop the pitch to 9 or 10 deg = which I suspect is 5 = 1 deg

you can set as many points as you wish for a straight line curve you only need to set two - first and last.

Hope this helps .....

Regards David
Old Sep 24, 2011, 12:29 AM
UK
Joined Jul 2007
2,678 Posts
Quote:
Dave

it does help thanks

I was contemplating lowering top end, low end seems fine and doesn't bog much, if at all.

so, your saying that if I change the L and H settings, the other settings will follow suit, or do you mean just the top and bottom should be changed to stop bogging?

also

idle up has higher RPM's, and seems to bog less than normal mode, yet top end is the same?

sorry for tall the questions
If it was me razor I would keep middle at 25 if you are happy to lift at center stick (Normal Mode) - then all points above middle inhibit except Top which I put at 45 that should give you 9 deg pitch if my maths is right.

If you decide you want zero pitch at center stick then at a later date you just need to drop middle to zero but you would also need to increase throttle curve a bit at center because you would be lifting on lower throttle.

Yes you are right Idle up uses higher RPM with a V on throttle curve where throttle starts at 100 drops a little at center stick and then back to 100 at full stick.

PS its not wist to try and change mode in mid air when the two curves are so wide apart as Tom will tel you.

Regards David
Last edited by Hellraser; Sep 24, 2011 at 12:45 AM.
Old Sep 24, 2011, 12:39 AM
RC Reviews & Tx Setup Guides
United States
Joined Sep 2007
3,492 Posts
Quote:
there is a button saying "status" - active or inhibit? not sure, why I wouldn't want that point active? it comes default to inhibit?

You set "ACT" if you want to set the value in percent.
INH is for linear between points.

EX:

PL = 100.0%

P1 = INH

P2 = INH

PM = 80.0%

P3 = INH

P4 = INH

PH = 100.0%

You set your low, mid, and high values that you want. If you want linear points in between you select INH.

I will be posting my Devo 7 TX settings later today.
I just took this example out of one of the settings.

Tom
Tom Z is offline Find More Posts by Tom Z
Old Sep 24, 2011, 12:46 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,136 Posts
Quote:
Hi all,

Vimd
It seems another person has reported a similar issue. Can you check whether your tail rotor is alright. I wonder if there is insufficient pitch in the rotor?
zadaw is offline Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Sep 24, 2011, 01:08 AM
Micro-Heli-Concepts
Australia, NSW, Blacktown
Joined Dec 2006
4,984 Posts
Quote:
82% on 0 and 1.

Yes it is on.

Hi Nathan,
Does the tail rotor spin freely when you blow on it?
Iam just wondering if the tail blade might be on too far.
Regards Jason
jasonjetski is offline Find More Posts by jasonjetski