Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Sep 23, 2011, 07:40 PM
North Bergen , NJ
Joined Feb 2011
53 Posts
is the landing gear and battery holder built into the Main Frame ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottAllyn View Post
Until dado gets some pictures, take a look at this one that Tom shot:

See those two struts on the battery compartment (just below the board) that run parallel to the landing gear struts? Those are only on one side of the battery compartment and they actually extend INTO the compartment quite a bit, limiting the width of the battery that you can fit in there. 'Slice those off with a hobby blade and you'll be able to use a wider battery (tho the stock battery will likely slip out very easily).
jlefty is offline Find More Posts by jlefty
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 23, 2011, 07:40 PM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_marty View Post
i have 5 other helis and i can't get any of them to bind via assigned ID ether....might be a only feature for the pro rx and the rx7202....

i did a google search and found no info on how to do it ...lol must be teeth grinding,hair pulling procedure to do...
It was always my understanding that it only worked with the 2801RX.. at the time..
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Old Sep 23, 2011, 07:41 PM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
4,981 Posts
Quote:
yea it was me....but it was on the Devo 7....it was a snap to do and worked perfectly
Thanks, MM! I knew it wasn't just a brain cramp.

Do you mind listing the exact steps, maybe there is something stupid that we are forgetting...
tracknoob is offline Find More Posts by tracknoob
Old Sep 23, 2011, 07:43 PM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,522 Posts
Quote:
seems to me if it does not work with the 2801 why would it come with the bind plug to clear the ID from the rx?
So that they only had to stock one type of parts bag..
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Old Sep 23, 2011, 07:45 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,129 Posts
I flew mine is high winds tonight, 15-20mph+ with gusts; it handled it, but was hard to fly lol.

lipo's drained real fast, BUT

I am hoping/thinking its the colder temps that are doing this, and not something else.

Heli gets up in the air, has lots of power at first, but dies off quickly.

need to try indoors
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Sep 23, 2011, 07:46 PM
UK
Joined Jul 2007
2,678 Posts
Quote:
i have 5 other helis and i can't get any of them to bind via assigned ID ether....might be a only feature for the pro rx and the rx7202....
That surprises me I would have thought they had built the feature into the 2702 being a large Rx with futaba type plugs and a battery channel.

Regards David
Hellraser is offline Find More Posts by Hellraser
Old Sep 23, 2011, 08:02 PM
Micro Helicopter Electrician
Central California Coast
Joined May 2008
2,664 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlefty View Post
is the landing gear and battery holder built into the Main Frame ?
Yes.
1Hammer is online now Find More Posts by 1Hammer
Old Sep 23, 2011, 08:06 PM
<Marty>
United States, KY, Springfield
Joined Jul 2011
1,757 Posts
ok i just tried it again on all my helis and still no working....even didn't work on the 8ch rx in the 2 hm1A's i have.....also the new rx2618v wont ID assign ether.....i did it exactly like the manual instructed and wont work....
magic_marty is offline Find More Posts by magic_marty
Old Sep 23, 2011, 08:13 PM
Joined Jun 2011
134 Posts
Holy silky smooth!! Just got my BNF 2801 pro version, tweaked the set-up a bit from out of the box. Did a test hover with a little moving around the living room to check the set-up. Seems they did a great job on the giro. It will hands free hover for a good amount of time. The tail to me takes too much stick to get it to move. I'm sure that can be fixed in the TX. I thought the V100D03 had small batteries, these are half the size So damn cute I can't wait to go outside and open it up a little
RM3Studios is offline Find More Posts by RM3Studios
Old Sep 23, 2011, 08:27 PM
USA, CA, Cardiff-by-the-Sea
Joined Nov 2005
1,832 Posts
Hey guys, I need some help testing my TheSteve converter.. If this is the wrong place does anyone know of an active thread where I can post this?

I need to test if my white signal wire is working to find out if my converter is bad or my ESC... it is one or the other.

I am getting positive voltage coming from my yellow wire that is connected to the RX but I am not getting any output to the motor.

Thanks for any help.
sideburn is offline Find More Posts by sideburn
Old Sep 23, 2011, 08:36 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,129 Posts
well i have been trying mine inside, just testing on the desk and it is loosing power fast.

runs fine for about 30 seconds, then seems like its bogging, or loosing too much power.

i noticed the main motor gets really hot - so maybe its bad; I don't know.

perhaps lipos are bad.

has anyone else noticed if there main motor gets hot? not warm, but hot to touch.

my motor doesnt seem to be binding or anything
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Sep 23, 2011, 08:42 PM
Joined Jun 2011
134 Posts
I did 5 minutes around the living room slowly. Still sounded like it had enough juice to keep going. The battery was warm and both motors are hot.
RM3Studios is offline Find More Posts by RM3Studios
Old Sep 23, 2011, 09:09 PM
los angeles,ca
Joined May 2010
2,493 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RM3Studios View Post
I did 5 minutes around the living room slowly. Still sounded like it had enough juice to keep going. The battery was warm and both motors are hot.
Whats up RM? I ordered the 2801 BL version an I will probably be off work next week. Been working 13 days 12 hrs so haven't had alot of time to fly.
vronny is offline Find More Posts by vronny
Last edited by vronny; Sep 23, 2011 at 10:08 PM.
Old Sep 23, 2011, 09:58 PM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
4,981 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RM3Studios View Post
Holy silky smooth!! Just got my BNF 2801 pro version, tweaked the set-up a bit from out of the box. Did a test hover with a little moving around the living room to check the set-up. Seems they did a great job on the giro. It will hands free hover for a good amount of time. The tail to me takes too much stick to get it to move. I'm sure that can be fixed in the TX. I thought the V100D03 had small batteries, these are half the size So damn cute I can't wait to go outside and open it up a little
Yup, I put -40 expo into the RUDD for my own 2801Pro based on great advice from right here, and that made the tail a lot more comfortable, and while it doesn't piro like an ice dancer, the tail does get around okay, now. The main thing is it HOLDS -- no blowouts!
Old Sep 23, 2011, 09:59 PM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
4,981 Posts
Quote:
ok i just tried it again on all my helis and still no working....even didn't work on the 8ch rx in the 2 hm1A's i have.....also the new rx2618v wont ID assign ether.....i did it exactly like the manual instructed and wont work....
Thanks for trying that out and reporting results back.