SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 23, 2011, 03:55 PM
ojo
Joined Dec 2006
53 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontiaddict View Post
Is this the one Ojo? is there a connector or user installed?
Thanx
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...gle_cell_.html
Yes. No frame modifications required. You have to solder a Walkera connector to it. The MCPX-Batteries fit as well, but you need no change either the power connector of the Genius or solder a small adapter.

Regards, Ojo
ojo is online now Find More Posts by ojo
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 23, 2011, 04:09 PM
United States, CT, Berlin
Joined Jun 2011
238 Posts
Hellraser, I hope you don't think my continued interest in the possibility of using v100d03 grips in any way was because of a lack of respect for your advice.....I'm just a bit desperate! I figure If I get a set of v100d03 grips and they are not perfect I just have to buy the rest of a 100d03/08 to justify! Lol........but really

Speaking of which, does anyone know of any bind and fly d08's? I kind of like this tiny devo 6 (even though I have not figured it out yet! ) and would like to have a few helis to fly with it.
helimaniac8 is offline Find More Posts by helimaniac8
Old Sep 23, 2011, 04:19 PM
UK
Joined Jul 2007
2,678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helimaniac8 View Post
Hellraser, I hope you don't think my continued interest in the possibility of using v100d03 grips in any way was because of a lack of respect for your advice.....
Not at all - just that others may have misconstrued what you said - if you can just buy the 03 grips and as Darryl says they will probably fit - its an option - you will see many such mods in this hobby.

I have not seen a Bnf 08 but if I see one I will flag it for you.

Regards David
Hellraser is offline Find More Posts by Hellraser
Old Sep 23, 2011, 04:22 PM
Vancouver, BC
Joined Aug 2009
1,993 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by livonia bob View Post
I haven't a clue,, the box Fed Ex dropped off is 13' X 17" X6" now I'm wondering what's in it..
Did you put a 10 instead of a 1 in the quantity box for your genius CP order!? That's not how I would have boxed them though. At least you'll have lots of spare parts!
Firehawk989 is offline Find More Posts by Firehawk989
Old Sep 23, 2011, 04:26 PM
RC Reviews & Tx Setup Guides
United States
Joined Sep 2007
3,492 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
Many, MANY thanks, Tom.

Bestest,

Chris
Quote:
Originally Posted by i812 View Post
Tom, Thanks for the Show and Tell.

That was enough to let me know I don't want the D7!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Z View Post
Walkera Devo 7 TX Menu Navigation video now posted in my Walkera Genius CP w/Devo 7 review. I will also post it in my RX/TX sticky when I get done
with the Devo 7 settings that I am working on now.
I will also make a step by step setup video for the Genius CP w/Devo 7
soon.

Tom

Your welcome, glad to help out.

Tom
Tom Z is offline Find More Posts by Tom Z
Old Sep 23, 2011, 04:29 PM
RC Reviews & Tx Setup Guides
United States
Joined Sep 2007
3,492 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firehawk989 View Post
Did you put a 10 instead of a 1 in the quantity box for your genius CP order!? That's not how I would have boxed them though. At least you'll have lots of spare parts!

Quote:
I haven't a clue,, the box Fed Ex dropped off is 13' X 17" X6" now I'm wondering what's in it..

Bob must have got hundreds of the Genius CP's.
Instead of fixing one in a crash he just grabs a new one.

Tom
Tom Z is offline Find More Posts by Tom Z
Old Sep 23, 2011, 04:31 PM
UK
Joined Jul 2007
2,678 Posts
Quote:

Tom
You beat me to it

Regards David
Old Sep 23, 2011, 04:35 PM
Sopwith Camel's Cousin
Between my tx and crashed aircraft
Joined Mar 2006
3,792 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
As far as I know, the warranty applies to transmitters only and nothing else. The warranty period is 12 months and Walkera will honor it. However, you may have to pay for return shipping to China. If something does happen to your transmitter, it is best to contact the vendor first.
A question: is that send to mainland China or to Hong Kong (part of China, but as I far as I know, separate as far as US postal regulations go).

The reason for my question: in the US, one cannot send the following to China:
"Country Conditions for Mailing — China
Prohibitions (130)
Radio receivers, transmitters or receivers of all kinds, walkie-talkies and parts thereof; valves, antennae, etc."

http://pe.usps.com/text/imm/ce_009.htm
flying-llama is offline Find More Posts by flying-llama
Old Sep 23, 2011, 04:41 PM
UK
Joined Jul 2007
2,678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flying-llama View Post
A question: is that send to mainland China or to Hong Kong (part of China, but as I far as I know, separate as far as US postal regulations go).

The reason for my question: in the US, one cannot send the following to China:
"Country Conditions for Mailing China
Prohibitions (130)
Radio receivers, transmitters or receivers of all kinds, walkie-talkies and parts thereof; valves, antennae, etc."

http://pe.usps.com/text/imm/ce_009.htm
in that case how can they do a Rx exchange

Regards David
Old Sep 23, 2011, 04:54 PM
Sopwith Camel's Cousin
Between my tx and crashed aircraft
Joined Mar 2006
3,792 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellraser View Post
in that case how can they do a Rx exchange

Regards David
Some people have pointed out that by the regulations, one cannot do a Rx exchange directly from the US
(which is not to say that it has not been done). I first saw this in a discussion on returning defective Blue Arrow Rx's to China.
2 side notes:
1. I am not sure if the regulations are due to the US authorities or the Chinese authorities or both.

2. The regulations for US to Hong Kong are different than for the rest of China:

Look at:
http://pe.usps.com/text/Imm/fh_025.htm (Hong Kong)
which has way fewer restrictions than

http://pe.usps.com/text/imm/ce_009.htm (rest of China),

which gives an advantage for those in the US to deal with a Hong Kong intermediary for Chinese products.
flying-llama is offline Find More Posts by flying-llama
Last edited by flying-llama; Sep 23, 2011 at 05:09 PM.
Old Sep 23, 2011, 05:05 PM
United States, CT, Berlin
Joined Jun 2011
238 Posts
Hobby one
I tried to order parts to USA Connecticut, what is best fastest shipping method. Zip 06037, it asked fir my shipping zone and I didn't know what to put in
helimaniac8 is offline Find More Posts by helimaniac8
Old Sep 23, 2011, 05:08 PM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
5,021 Posts
Just took this critter out to the front yard for some putzing around. This thing is so much more...predictable.... than the mcpx. The tail holds, and now that I'm outside and able to really give it full bore rudder, along with the change in my 2801Pro to -40 expo, the piro rate isn't going to amaze anyone, but it's now quite acceptable. I left the travel alone, still at 100% in both directions.

I also was doing some nose in, and accidentally let it get over my shoulder so I was not just reversed, and not just reverse reversed, but as I looked over my shoulder and wheeled around, was reversed reversed reversed, and so my thumbs momentarily freaked out...it hit the privacy fence, rolled over it from front yard to back, and it clattered down the side of the house wall to the sidewalk below. I could hear it still humming (was in Flt2) before I hit TH. I was worried I really Meebo'ed it, but I decided to try what they say some videos show it doing, just power back up in normal mode and fly away, even though it's still laying down on it's side! No inspection, no alignment, no links, no checking... sure enough, it worked! A bit of throttle and it jumped off the deck into a hover. Wow. I brought it to a close hover for a little in-flight inspection, and tracking is true, nothing seemed out of whack, not even a scrape on the canopy, so I finished a 6 minute 'sport' flight without hitting LVC. While taking it into the house, I looked it over a bit closer (but still with canopy on) and it seems none the worse for wear.

This really is one tough little bird. Unbreakable? Probably not; in fact of course not! But between the tail not blowing out, and the ability to take a hard knock, I expect this will see a lot less bench time than my mcpx. I had actually stopped flying the mcpx almost all together, due to my current poor flight skills/experience and the fact it often needed some repair and/or parts after a session with me. Now, I think I can progress with the Genius, and so both the mcpx (with hopefully a rev 2 stronger tail system) and the Genius will serve me for my in the house/around the yard flying impulses!
tracknoob is offline Find More Posts by tracknoob
Old Sep 23, 2011, 05:11 PM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,522 Posts
Quote:

Tom
I have a Walkera heli dispenser,, Sort of like a Tic Tac dispenser but bigger. And costs much more to fill...
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Old Sep 23, 2011, 05:16 PM
ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıbǝɹ
United States, FL, Lutz
Joined Sep 2011
224 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helimaniac8 View Post
Hobby one
I tried to order parts to USA Connecticut, what is best fastest shipping method. Zip 06037, it asked fir my shipping zone and I didn't know what to put in
Use Division 6 for anywhere in the US.
ScottAllyn is offline Find More Posts by ScottAllyn
Old Sep 23, 2011, 05:33 PM
Micro-Heli-Addict
Preston, Idaho
Joined Jan 2011
474 Posts
Quote:
I have a Walkera heli dispenser,, Sort of like a Tic Tac dispenser but bigger. And costs much more to fill...

Where can I get one of those, and how many will it hold?

I'll just have to look at it, and wish until I can afford to fill it.
jlbrandt01 is offline Find More Posts by jlbrandt01