HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 23, 2011, 01:35 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,315 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Z View Post

Don't forget to send in your Walkera warranty card!

Tom
As far as I know, the warranty applies to transmitters only and nothing else. The warranty period is 12 months and Walkera will honor it. However, you may have to pay for return shipping to China. If something does happen to your transmitter, it is best to contact the vendor first.
zadaw is offline Find More Posts by zadaw
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 23, 2011, 01:38 PM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,534 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
As far as I know, the warranty applies to transmitters only and nothing else. The warranty period is 12 months and Walkera will honor it. However, you may have to pay for return shipping to China. If something does happen to your transmitter, it is best to contact the vendor first.
Actually I think Tom was referring to a old JOKE we had going around about the Walkera warranty cards..
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Old Sep 23, 2011, 01:40 PM
UK
Joined Jul 2007
2,678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helimaniac8 View Post
Well like it or not, I could not look at a brand new heli/tx combo and not fly it!
I ca'd the grip, then reinforced with epoxy, it seems to be holding well. I think I will order a set of v100d03 grips today. Anyone using them now? I thought DK said he had to do it and was not having any problems with the v100d03 grips on his genius. I flew it for three packs. It is raining so tough to really comment. I turned on the 3 axis, didnt rally like it too much. Lots of back and to the right drift! I see what Jason and everyone is talking about. I will have to reread what everyone is doing about this.
I put it back into 3 axis, and it appears as stable as mcpx! I am running bone stock settings on the TX, but have my rx ail and elev at maybe 3:30. I think I will put this thing on hold until I can take her outside. I also have to order those damn blade grips.....if anyone else besides Hellraiser thinks there is reason to believe they will not work please let me know! I respect Hellraisers opinion highly, but would like to hear from someone who maybe has tried or at least test fit them. Thanks guys,
I did not say they will not work I said they are not the same grips - but its possible they may work - the sooner you get your present grips replaced the better its pretty iffy gluing head parts that are traveling at such speed and under such stress.

Regards David
Hellraser is offline Find More Posts by Hellraser
Old Sep 23, 2011, 01:42 PM
Heli collector
Joined Apr 2009
16,534 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellraser View Post
I did not say they will not work I said they are not the same grips - but its possible they may work - the sooner you get your present grips replaced the better its pretty iffy gluing head parts that are traveling at such speed and under such stress.

Regards David
He needs to do the MCPX blade flying off safety mod with the fishing line..
Old Sep 23, 2011, 01:42 PM
RC Helis: My Healthy Obsession
The OC, California
Joined Feb 2007
3,159 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottAllyn View Post
Yep, he said it's the same head that's used by the v100d03 & v100d08.
They are not the same grips. They are just compatible. I had to replace the feathering shaft on the sample heli and the V100 shaft was perfect. That means the rotor head and grips are the correct width to use on this heli. I have not tried changing the grips yet so cannot verify whether there is a phasing issue or not by using them. I 'm kind of waiting for some MH upgrade stuff which I am sure is coming soon.

My next "mod" will be to stiffen up the rotor head to eliminate the see-saw rocking with the blade grips. This should provide a more crisp cyclic response.
dkfuji is offline Find More Posts by dkfuji
Last edited by dkfuji; Sep 23, 2011 at 01:50 PM.
Old Sep 23, 2011, 01:44 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,315 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by livonia bob View Post
Actually I think Tom was referring to a old JOKE we had going around about the Walkera warranty cards..
I thought so as well, but the warranty is real and has been exercised successfully.
Old Sep 23, 2011, 01:45 PM
RC Reviews & Tx Setup Guides
United States
Joined Sep 2007
3,492 Posts
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by livonia bob View Post

That is just a joke as Walkera offers no warranty for us in the USA.

Tom
Tom Z is offline Find More Posts by Tom Z
Old Sep 23, 2011, 01:49 PM
UK
Joined Jul 2007
2,678 Posts
Quote:
I thought so as well, but the warranty is real and has been exercised successfully.
thats great news because I still have my card

Regards David
Old Sep 23, 2011, 01:51 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,315 Posts
There is absolutely no warranty on anything else other than the transmitter.

It may be worthwhile to find it whether you can deal with Walkera directly if a problem arise with the transmitter.
Old Sep 23, 2011, 01:55 PM
United States
Joined Sep 2007
3,492 Posts
Walkera Devo 7 TX - Menu Navigation Video

Walkera Devo 7 TX Menu Navigation video now posted in my Walkera Genius CP w/Devo 7 review. I will also post it in my RX/TX sticky when I get done
with the Devo 7 settings that I am working on now.
I will also make a step by step setup video for the Genius CP w/Devo 7
soon.

Tom
Old Sep 23, 2011, 01:55 PM
UK
Joined Jul 2007
2,678 Posts
Quote:
There is absolutely no warranty on anything else other than the transmitter.

It may be worthwhile to find it whether you can deal with Walkera directly if a problem arise with the transmitter.
I was joking - it would cost more to send most things back to walkera that it does to fix them.

Regards David
Old Sep 23, 2011, 01:59 PM
Heli collector
Joined Apr 2009
16,534 Posts
Doesn't mater to me as I have never had a warranty claim against Walkera.. just HH stuff. If a Walkera product doesn't work right I just buy another one, and repeat as needed till I get a good one...... It's the Walkera way.... Back in the old days you got what you paid for as it was half the price of other stuff you came out ahead most of the time... True some don't seem to understand this..
Old Sep 23, 2011, 01:59 PM
United States
Joined Sep 2007
3,492 Posts
Re: warranty

See what I started... Looks like I need a time out!

Tom
Old Sep 23, 2011, 02:32 PM
United States
Joined Sep 2007
3,492 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
Looking forward to it, Tom. This is probably the only thing that will keep me from becoming suicidal. Every experienced pilot who own the Devil 7 claim it's very difficult. To me, since I've never owned a programmable TX, it sounds like an impossible challenge. I don't even know any of the lingo... I'm really afraid to mess something up to the point the heli won't fly well for me.

I'll have to take it slow, I guess.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Z View Post
So now I am filming Devo 7 setup. Getting ready to upload Part 1 now.

Tom

The Devo 7 is difficult to figure out and navigate through but my
Menu Navigation video I just made should make it easy for people now.
With the step by step video all you will need to do is play the video and
follow me with your Devo 7. This should make it quick and easy for everybody.
As soon as I finish with all the settings to post I'll start on the setup videos
which will have to be done in many parts.
I will cover how to copy a model into another slot also.
I will get all this done as fast as I can as I know people need help with this.

Walkera Devo 7 TX - Menu Navigation (3 min 54 sec)

Tom
Old Sep 23, 2011, 02:44 PM
Micro Helicopter Electrician
Central California Coast
Joined May 2008
2,671 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dado099 View Post
I think this is better:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...gle_cell_.html

(no connector)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Hammer View Post
Those 400mAh 20C Zippy's won't fit in the Geinus, they're too big. The 400mAh Zippy's are a bit wider and about twice as long as the stock 200mAh LiPo.

Regards,
John
Quote:
Originally Posted by dado099 View Post
Surely they fit (I'm using them), you need only to gently dremel out (or cut with hobby knife) the two teeth on one battery compartment side.
If you need pictures i'll post them.
I didn't know the LiPo question included frame modification. I've removed the battery cages on 95% of my micro helis so I can use different sized batteries easily.

Regards,
John
1Hammer is offline Find More Posts by 1Hammer