SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 23, 2011, 10:47 AM
Italy
Joined Sep 2007
223 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Hammer View Post
Those 400mAh 20C Zippy's won't fit in the Geinus, they're too big. The 400mAh Zippy's are a bit wider and about twice as long as the stock 200mAh LiPo.

Regards,
John
Surely they fit (I'm using them), you need only to gently dremel out (or cut with hobby knife) the two teeth on one battery compartment side.
If you need pictures i'll post them.
dado099 is offline Find More Posts by dado099
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 23, 2011, 10:50 AM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,526 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dado099 View Post
Surely they fit (I'm using them), you need only to gently dremel out (or cut with hobby knife) the two teeth on one battery compartment side.
If you need pictures i'll post them.
Pictures would be nice.. Being able to use the mCPX's NanoTech 300's would be even nicer...
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Old Sep 23, 2011, 11:12 AM
RC Reviews & Tx Setup Guides
United States
Joined Sep 2007
3,492 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by livonia bob View Post
Mine is in the FedEX truck out for delivery,, Everything was going perfect being delivered on a Friday my wife always goes garage saleing on Fridays..

But it's raining,,, no garage sales on rainy days.. Hope it clears up within the next hour..

2801E all programmed, with super low rates with 20 & 30% throws. TH set up 0%, rudder travel set up L 93 & R 140. Was flying the mCPX last night on my super trainer settings of 12% throws minus 20% EXPO boy does it handle smoothly with these settings perfect pizza cooler setting if only I had a pizza to cool.. Can't wait to see how the Genius flies...

Is turning rudder travel higher than 100% cause the tail to blow out hard or was that another setting for the tail that this happens that you can't go above 100%?
Dkfuji found this out but I can't remember which setting above 100% did this.

Tom
Tom Z is offline Find More Posts by Tom Z
Old Sep 23, 2011, 11:17 AM
Arivaca,Arizona
Joined May 2008
7,715 Posts
I think he said TRAVADJ cannot be over 100% or it will reverse [or something like that].
Would changing STEPS help/hinder?
Air Vaca is offline Find More Posts by Air Vaca
Old Sep 23, 2011, 11:18 AM
los angeles,ca
Joined May 2010
2,591 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Z View Post
Is turning rudder travel higher than 100% cause the tail to blow out hard or was that another setting for the tail that this happens that you can't go above 100%?

Tom
Hay Tom I ordered the BL version for 2801tx coming Monday maybe
vronny is offline Find More Posts by vronny
Old Sep 23, 2011, 11:23 AM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,526 Posts
Quote:

Tom
I went with this..

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...9&postcount=11

Rain stopped she is gone,,, come on FedEX...
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Old Sep 23, 2011, 11:32 AM
UK
Joined Jul 2007
2,678 Posts
Quote:
You've dodged the bullet yet again

Regards David
Hellraser is offline Find More Posts by Hellraser
Last edited by Hellraser; Sep 23, 2011 at 11:44 AM.
Old Sep 23, 2011, 11:35 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,759 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donaldsneffe View Post
Thanks, Walter. No wonder I could find anything, I misread the post and I was looking at the hobby King website, not Hobby Wing.

Regards,

Chris
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 23, 2011, 11:47 AM
United States
Joined Sep 2007
3,492 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Vaca View Post
I think he said TRAVADJ cannot be over 100% or it will reverse [or something like that].
Would changing STEPS help/hinder?
That sounds correct. Wasn't sure if it was TRAVADJ or rudder travel. Not sure if changing STEPS would help/hinder.

Tom
Old Sep 23, 2011, 11:51 AM
United States
Joined Sep 2007
3,492 Posts
Quote:
I went with this..

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...9&postcount=11

Quote:

Tom

Let me know how how you like it when you try it.
Is is still raining here...
So now I am filming Devo 7 setup. Getting ready to upload Part 1 now.

Tom
Old Sep 23, 2011, 11:53 AM
United States
Joined Sep 2007
3,492 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vronny View Post
Hay Tom I ordered the BL version for 2801tx coming Monday maybe
Hey vronny, sounds good! Let me know what you think of it.

Tom
Old Sep 23, 2011, 12:05 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,759 Posts
Quote:
So now I am filming Devo 7 setup. Getting ready to upload Part 1 now.
Tom
Looking forward to it, Tom. This is probably the only thing that will keep me from becoming suicidal. Every experienced pilot who own the Devil 7 claim it's very difficult. To me, since I've never owned a programmable TX, it sounds like an impossible challenge. I don't even know any of the lingo... I'm really afraid to mess something up to the point the heli won't fly well for me.

I'll have to take it slow, I guess.
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 23, 2011, 12:09 PM
United States, CT, Berlin
Joined Jun 2011
238 Posts
Well like it or not, I could not look at a brand new heli/tx combo and not fly it!
I ca'd the grip, then reinforced with epoxy, it seems to be holding well. I think I will order a set of v100d03 grips today. Anyone using them now? I thought DK said he had to do it and was not having any problems with the v100d03 grips on his genius. I flew it for three packs. It is raining so tough to really comment. I turned on the 3 axis, didnt rally like it too much. Lots of back and to the right drift! I see what Jason and everyone is talking about. I will have to reread what everyone is doing about this.
I put it back into 3 axis, and it appears as stable as mcpx! I am running bone stock settings on the TX, but have my rx ail and elev at maybe 3:30. I think I will put this thing on hold until I can take her outside. I also have to order those damn blade grips.....if anyone else besides Hellraiser thinks there is reason to believe they will not work please let me know! I respect Hellraisers opinion highly, but would like to hear from someone who maybe has tried or at least test fit them. Thanks guys,
helimaniac8 is offline Find More Posts by helimaniac8
Old Sep 23, 2011, 12:09 PM
ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıbǝɹ
United States, FL, Lutz
Joined Sep 2011
224 Posts
bobepine, the first thing that you'll want to do is to create a copy of the existing original Genius profile that's in the Devo 7; it's easy to do and we can walk you through it if Tom's guide isn't up in time. Use the new copy from that point forward and if you do manage to mess something up, you can always scrap that profile and create another new one from the original to get right back to square-one.
ScottAllyn is offline Find More Posts by ScottAllyn
Old Sep 23, 2011, 12:15 PM
ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıbǝɹ
United States, FL, Lutz
Joined Sep 2011
224 Posts
Quote:
Pictures would be nice.. Being able to use the mCPX's NanoTech 300's would be even nicer...
Until dado gets some pictures, take a look at this one that Tom shot:

See those two struts on the battery compartment (just below the board) that run parallel to the landing gear struts? Those are only on one side of the battery compartment and they actually extend INTO the compartment quite a bit, limiting the width of the battery that you can fit in there. 'Slice those off with a hobby blade and you'll be able to use a wider battery (tho the stock battery will likely slip out very easily).
ScottAllyn is offline Find More Posts by ScottAllyn