HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Terry, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 06:01 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
22,274 Posts
There is already the hobby shop I wanted to post on the map from the stock google map but it does not show up as a hobby store with ICON. Does this mean I still need to input it as a hobby store?
freechip is offline Find More Posts by freechip
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 30, 2011, 07:10 PM
Brandon
Meridian, Idaho
Joined Dec 2006
491 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkitekt View Post
Don't think you can yet, would also like a delete option as their are multiple entries for my local field
I just reported the duplicates with less information to the mods for a local field, lets see if that works for the duplicates. This is great by the way.
hoverflyhehe is offline Find More Posts by hoverflyhehe
Old Aug 30, 2011, 07:51 PM
Fresno, California
Joined Mar 2007
2,543 Posts
Hobbytown USA in Fresno, Ca is on the map!!! Make sure to go by and say hi to the guys!
BigGuyJT is offline Find More Posts by BigGuyJT
Old Aug 30, 2011, 08:30 PM
Mascot
United States, OR, Corvallis
Joined Apr 1996
139 Posts
Hey gang we added "Boating" to the list of place types, by popular request!

Terry o-[ : ) ]
Terry is offline Find More Posts by Terry
Administrator
Old Aug 30, 2011, 10:13 PM
Wait... what?
United States, MI, Plymouth
Joined Sep 2010
284 Posts
Added a couple hobby shops in the metro detroit area.

Great idea, lets hope it populates good.
aeryck is offline Find More Posts by aeryck
Old Aug 31, 2011, 03:13 PM
elliptical = beauty
Knoxville, TN
Joined Jul 2007
503 Posts
this is a great feature.
Rascal_Tom is offline Find More Posts by Rascal_Tom
Old Aug 31, 2011, 08:13 PM
will fly for food
United States, CA, Ben Lomond
Joined Mar 2011
1,053 Posts
Great idea

I tried to add 3 sites, only 1 of the 3 is "valid".
wavekatcher is online now Find More Posts by wavekatcher
Old Sep 01, 2011, 06:56 AM
Flutter-Bys are fun
United States, MI, Honor
Joined Dec 2005
4,982 Posts
I added two sites on the map, awaiting moderator approval.

Is there any way that they could be moved to the actual spot. I didn't realize that I could zoom in as close as the map goes, the two sites are off a bit.

Barc's, Benzie Area RC's fly at two full scale airports. Thompsonville Airport, west of Thompsonville, MI and at Empire Airport, east of Empire MI. The locations are off some
can someone, the moderator move them to the correct place. My error, sorry for the mess up.
Conehead
Orrin Eldred
Conehead is offline Find More Posts by Conehead
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Maiden Flight today.
Old Sep 01, 2011, 06:57 AM
Flutter-Bys are fun
United States, MI, Honor
Joined Dec 2005
4,982 Posts
Wonderful new feature. Now you can find a flying site before leaving home or checking out where a flying site really is before you leave for a fun fly.

Thanks Terry, you the Transmitter!!!!
Conehead
Orrin Eldred
Conehead is offline Find More Posts by Conehead
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Conehead; Sep 01, 2011 at 06:58 AM. Reason: mispelling used the wrong word.
Old Sep 01, 2011, 08:58 AM
United States, CA, Mariposa
Joined May 2011
236 Posts
I used it yesterday to find a hobby shop that I had not visited before. The lack of an address was a minus.

Also, how do we get to it if the rotating banner is not there? There is only a small link I find all the way at the vary bottom of the page. ( I found a lot of stuff I didn't know was down there).
CZ10 is offline Find More Posts by CZ10
Last edited by CZ10; Sep 01, 2011 at 09:08 AM.
Old Sep 01, 2011, 09:33 AM
United States, PA, Beaver
Joined Sep 2001
3,482 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CZ10 View Post
Also, how do we get to it if the rotating banner is not there?
http://maps.rcgroups.com
rcav8r2 is offline Find More Posts by rcav8r2
Old Sep 01, 2011, 10:09 AM
Wait... what?
United States, MI, Plymouth
Joined Sep 2010
284 Posts
Question about adding flying sites - Are you only allowing AMA sanctioned fields, or can I tag a few local areas that park flyer people go to fly at? There are a couple large parks near me that many people fly at, but as they are not AMA sanctioned and also in relative close proximity to residential areas, the only people that fly there are park flyers, 3D, and heli guys. It's an unwritten rule that larger scale electrics and nitros aren't flown there as a courtesy to the surrounding neighborhood.
aeryck is offline Find More Posts by aeryck
Old Sep 01, 2011, 09:40 PM
Park Stormer
United States, NJ, Brooklawn
Joined Jul 2008
823 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeryck View Post
Question about adding flying sites - Are you only allowing AMA sanctioned fields, or can I tag a few local areas that park flyer people go to fly at? There are a couple large parks near me that many people fly at, but as they are not AMA sanctioned and also in relative close proximity to residential areas, the only people that fly there are park flyers, 3D, and heli guys. It's an unwritten rule that larger scale electrics and nitros aren't flown there as a courtesy to the surrounding neighborhood.
I added my local park, along with a description of the runway. It's not an AMA club but I'm always happy to share it with other pilots.

I think a lot of people here will assume that parks are no-fly zones for nitro/large scale anyway. Anyone who ignores those rules probably isn't going to get RCG or the site poster in trouble anyway, as RCG makes no guarantees that these sites are sanctioned or safe. As with anything you read anywhere on the internet, simply use common sense as you do with any park field.

Terry, a humble feature submission: perhaps a way to tag a field with RCG usernames. Maybe give the user who submits a site the option to do so privetly or publicly and give other RCGers a chance to "endorse" the site. A running list of members who run use the site gives us a chance to meet other RCG members via PM, and for the park flyers a chance to go to the field with a spotter.

PS: So far there are NO flying sites in either of the Dakotas, Wyoming, or Montana, I find that hard to believe
AggressorBLUE is offline Find More Posts by AggressorBLUE
Old Sep 01, 2011, 10:20 PM
Mascot
United States, OR, Corvallis
Joined Apr 1996
139 Posts
Hey gang I am making a list of every suggestion you make! Keep 'em coming!

Terry o-[ : ) ]
Terry is offline Find More Posts by Terry
Administrator
Old Sep 01, 2011, 11:28 PM
Aumsville, Oregon
Joined Jan 2010
52 Posts
I want to add a site for flying parkflyers close to me but I have a mac can not right click .. ugh
Oregonflyguy58 is offline Find More Posts by Oregonflyguy58